Same Song Different Verse

allenfan1

How disappointing it is to loose a game because of defense and rebounding, the very thing that we should be winning with. I was only able to see highlights, but what I did see was the need for the COACHES,and I mean all of them to start teaching. We are the only team in the SEC that is unable to do this as everyone else seems to develop their players. Everyone that has read my comments can see that I have noticed the same thing from game 1, that they will not win with just talent. A average team, maybe a bit above average that just lost their best player and they still out rebound us by 6 or 7 rebounds We still have not beaten a good team all year, and looking at our remaining schedule, the NCAA is very much in jeopardy. If you don't demand more you will never be more. We are steadily moving to the middle of the pack, and the recruiting does not look good.

But, the team is improving so much under Kellie...
I know you're being sarcastic...but it's true...this team is NOT improving. It's hard to dislike Kellie though. Probably her looks have something to do with it...I'll be honest. Lol...but that will only get you so far. In all seriousness...it's sad to see us drop out of the top 25 again. Hopefully we get some surprise recruits that can actually live up to their billing...because Horston has not....at all. In fact..she has been one of the biggest disappointments on this team imo. I don't expect her to take the SEC by storm...but i expected more than....this.

I know you're being sarcastic...but it's true...this team is NOT improving. It's hard to dislike Kellie though. Probably her looks have something to do with it...I'll be honest. Lol...but that will only get you so far. In all seriousness...it's sad to see us drop out of the top 25 again. Hopefully we get some surprise recruits that can actually live up to their billing...because Horston has not....at all. In fact..she has been one of the biggest disappointments on this team imo. I don't expect her to take the SEC by storm...but i expected more than....this.
We have other players do the same but when they transferred or entered the WNBA they were fantastic

The recruiting is the only bellweather worth worrying about. How this team does this year is certainly important but changing the culture is not a plug and play process, and, considering how many here (and elsewhere) have vehemently decried the culture instilled by the prior coaching staff, one could possibly understand how changing that culture might take a bit more time than we would prefer. They've shown some changes which are positive, and some which are negative. How they finish will be interesting, perhaps informative, but I would encourage people not to get too wrapped up in these last five games. Rather, just, keep an eye on the recruiting. Good recruiting is a foundational element of improving a program, filling needs, matching players with coaching styles, and so on.

They signed Striplin not two weeks ago. She was a good player to pick up, or so everyone seemed to say, so, great. There is a lot more work to do there. Focus on that. Focus on how they finish out, and what they do in the SEC tournament, and the NCAA tournament -- or the WNIT. Probably a better use of time than hand-wringing over what's already lost.

The recruiting is the only bellweather worth worrying about. How this team does this year is certainly important but changing the culture is not a plug and play process, and, considering how many here (and elsewhere) have vehemently decried the culture instilled by the prior coaching staff, one could possibly understand how changing that culture might take a bit more time than we would prefer. They've shown some changes which are positive, and some which are negative. How they finish will be interesting, perhaps informative, but I would encourage people not to get too wrapped up in these last five games. Rather, just, keep an eye on the recruiting. Good recruiting is a foundational element of improving a program, filling needs, matching players with coaching styles, and so on.

They signed Striplin not two weeks ago. She was a good player to pick up, or so everyone seemed to say, so, great. There is a lot more work to do there. Focus on that. Focus on how they finish out, and what they do in the SEC tournament, and the NCAA tournament -- or the WNIT. Probably a better use of time than hand-wringing over what's already lost.
You mean the prior coaching staff that many here defended far past the brink of defending? Once again a vol sporting program destroyed by to much patience for the prior staff, and now as always asked to show patience for the new one. She deserves more time for sure but can we please... please, for the love of everything stop giving our coaches so much time that it takes them completely destroying the program before we move on? I’m sick of this crap in all of our sports. We have the money, facilities, tradition and support to be better than mediocre to below mediocre in our sports programs... so please stop letting these worthless, loser admins off the hook!

You mean the prior coaching staff that many here defended far past the brink of defending? Once again a vol sporting program destroyed by to much patience for the prior staff, and now as always asked to show patience for the new one. She deserves more time for sure but can we please... please, for the love of everything stop giving our coaches so much time that it takes them completely destroying the program before we move on? I’m sick of this crap in all of our sports. We have the money, facilities, tradition and support to be better than mediocre to below mediocre in our sports programs... so please stop letting these worthless, loser admins off the hook!

Good grief, I didn't say give Harper seven seasons or anything. I didn't even said to ignore this season, I suggested people focus on the total result, see how they finish (particularly rather than running down players or crapping on the whole thing as a failure), and then see if the recruiting can improve this off-season. If they can sign some difference makers and get better next year, great. If they can't, then fine, get the knives out and go to town.

They are going to defend Kellie the same way they did Holly. Just because she played for Pat. I dont know how Kellie is going to do here but so far I see no difference between her and Holly. This team is not improving and is lacking coaching. I hope we see a difference in this team next year.

The only way they lose my support or confidence is if they accept a WNIT bid.
That is one step back I will not condone
There is , taking a step back and then there is falling down
Pat would consider this falling down and so would I

If we don't make the tourney, our season should be over and our summer of re-growth should begin!

Last edited:
Most of us have spent hundreds of posts trying to convince each other, and ourselves, the team is better under Kellie than under Holly, it isn't...It's just another form of bad.

To let Pointer drive through our defense time and time again, is just not acceptable....Our o'le defense is pitiful. At least foul the girl with a little authority...Anything has to be better than just waving at her as she goes in for another easy lay up, while out team just looks on with admiration...

Kellie has no sign of any emotional anything on the sidelines....She is a big disappointment and the team has taken on her passive demeanor.

They should build a statute for Pointer....
5e45fcde0df95.image.jpg

Their offensive strategy appeared to be to have Pointer hesitate with the ball around the 3 point line and have their players take a few steps toward her, and our girls would just followed like they were on leashes...Then, Pointer would weave through the gaps made by our players moving away from the basket, which made open lanes for another series of easy lay ups...Where is our coaching to not let the same thing happen again and again? It was no where to be found. I can't defend this....

Good grief, I didn't say give Harper seven seasons or anything. I didn't even said to ignore this season, I suggested people focus on the total result, see how they finish (particularly rather than running down players or crapping on the whole thing as a failure), and then see if the recruiting can improve this off-season. If they can sign some difference makers and get better next year, great. If they can't, then fine, get the knives out and go to town.
Yeah I wasn’t really disagreeing with you, and she does need some time, was just venting a little.

Reactions: Voltopia
So, how much time does CKH have, next season if no improvement? It’s sad she hasn’t made it through one season and it appears the seat is still hot from the last coach.

This year wasn't great, but it wasn't horrible. Next year, with the return of Green and a few more guards joining the roster, they should be an improved team. If Kellie can't make it work with that squad, then I think she needs to be held to the fire for the following year.

I wasn't totally thrilled with Kellie and I am surprised at the lack of energy on the sidelines. I thought we might see more Pat ripping players when they fail to do what they should and then benching even the top players when needed. My main concern was the failure at NC State and now look at State under Wes. He would have been a good selection for us but I was hoping for Walz. I hope Kelly will find that intensity like when she was a player. Maybe shes just feeling her way through a tough conference. Right now I don't see the errors getting fixed or players developing. But for all that it is what it is and will stay the course and hope this start falling into place. Wondered about Jumper comment about the fact they shouldn't play in the WNIT. Why not get all the play time you can and get some wins.

Last edited:
I wasn't totally thrilled with Kelley and I am surprised at the lack of energy on the sidelines. I thought we might see more Pat ripping players when they fail to do what they should and then benching even the top players when needed. My main concern was the failure at NC State and now look at State under Wes. He would have been a good selection for us but I was hoping for Walz. I hope Kelly will find that intensity like when she was a player. Maybe shes just feeling her way through a tough conference. Right now I don't see the errors getting fixed or players developing. But for all that it is what it is and will stay the course and hope this start falling into place. Wondered about Jumper comment about the fact they shouldn't play in the WNIT. Why not get all the play time you can and get some wins.

Do you think Pat Summitt would settle for a wnit bid?

Neither do I?

I'm kind of Hardcore that way. I also believe that everyone shouldn't get a trophy just for participation. That takes away your incentive to win.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back