2020 NFL Offseason Thread

MAD

Arsenal FC, Detroit Lions
Tom Brady will hit the open market for the first time in his career.
The six-time Super Bowl champ has spent his entire career in New England, but for the first time ever, he will explore other options across the league in free agency.
Will he stay, or will he go?
That speculation is fuel to the fire of offseason chatter.

Los Angeles Chargers and QB Philip Rivers have mutually agreed that Rivers will enter free agency and not return to the team for the 2020 season.

A refresher on quarterbacks scheduled to be free agents in March:
* Tom Brady
* Drew Brees
* Dak Prescott
* Ryan Tannehill
* Philip Rivers
* Jameis Winston
* Teddy Bridgewater
* Marcus Mariota
* Case Keenum

Where will they all end up?

* Tom Brady
* Drew Brees
* Dak Prescott
* Ryan Tannehill
* Philip Rivers
* Jameis Winston
* Teddy Bridgewater
* Marcus Mariota
* Case Keenum

* Tom Brady - Chargers
* Drew Brees - Saints
* Dak Prescott - Cowboys
* Ryan Tannehill - Titans
* Philip Rivers - Redskins
* Jameis Winston - Bucs
* Teddy Bridgewater - Pats
* Marcus Mariota - ?
* Case Keenum - ?

Reactions: MAD
* Tom Brady - Chargers
* Drew Brees - Saints
* Dak Prescott - Cowboys
* Jameis Winston - Bucs
* Marcus Mariota - ?
* Case Keenum - ?
Mariota and Keenum to the XFL maybe?

Found this on Twitter....

Here's an early look at the 2020 NFL unrestricted free agency cheat sheet.

Note that these aren't official ranks - just a loose order for your viewing pleasure
205946D6-85AC-4E4B-A310-9F2FFB1CDF90.png

Reactions: n_huffhines
* Tom Brady - Chargers
* Drew Brees - Saints
* Dak Prescott - Cowboys
* Jameis Winston - Bucs
* Marcus Mariota - ?
* Case Keenum - ?
No chance in hell that happens. Skins won't sign a Top FA QB when Smith is collecting $22 mil

I could see Mariota there before Rivers.

No chance in hell that happens. Skins won't sign a Top FA QB when Smith is collecting $22 mil

I could see Mariota there before Rivers.

What is Rivers actually going to get in FA? Is somebody going to pay more than $10m for a 38 YO turnover machine?

What is Rivers actually going to get in FA? Is somebody going to pay more than $10m for a 38 YO turnover machine?
More than Mariota IMO

Skins won't pay more than $5-7 mil on a QB, IF that.

PFF has him rated the #4 best FA (ahead of Tannehill, Winston and Maritota)

* Tom Brady-- NE
* Drew Brees--NO
* Dak Prescott--Dallas
* Ryan Tannehill--TN
* Philip Rivers--Miami
* Jameis Winston--TB
* Teddy Bridgewater--Cinci
* Marcus Mariota--NO
* Case Keenum--LAC

i could see MM in LAC.

Last edited:
* Tom Brady
* Drew Brees
* Dak Prescott
* Ryan Tannehill
* Philip Rivers
* Jameis Winston
* Teddy Bridgewater
* Marcus Mariota
* Case Keenum

Detroit Lions could use one for a backup
Can't do any worse than the two we had
last year.

Surely the Bears will try to get a QB from free agency. They have no 1st round picks in the 2020 draft. They will surely not start the 2020 season with Trubisky under center. Dalton or Mariota are my guesses.

Or, it wouldn't surprise me if Nagy drafts Hurts. He seems like a good fit for their play-style. He's probably second round talent.

Surely the Bears will try to get a QB from free agency. They have no 1st round picks in the 2020 draft. They will surely not start the 2020 season with Trubisky under center. Dalton or Mariota are my guesses.

Or, it wouldn't surprise me if Nagy drafts Hurts. He seems like a good fit for their play-style. He's probably second round talent.

I would say they are almost definitely sticking with Trubisky. Teams give their top picks so many chances. They'll talk themselves into it, and probably already have. He's cheap. Why not kick the tires a little more? He's still kinda green and he's only 25. Between college and NFL, he's started about 50 games. He's 19-10 the last two years. It's crazy to think he can't get better. Maybe they can get Brees, Brady, or Bridgewater on a good deal, but they're going to need WR help with Brees or Brady. It's not like Chicago is primed for a deep run if you just give them a solid old QB.

Now that I've said all that, I actually do really like the idea of Bridgewater in Chicago. He can give you everything Trubisky gives them and he'll make more plays.

These former players are out of their minds when they're talking about Dallas/Dak negotiations. The guys on Get Up were saying it would be disrespectful to tag Dak. They're constantly yapping about how he's played for peanuts so far and that Dallas owes him, but they completely gloss over the fact that Dak could have taken a gigantic payday a year ago. One that he had not earned, yet.

I have a question
Why do some teams have such a high cap space amount?
Is it because they were cheap and didn’t spend like other teams did the previous season?

I have a question
Why do some teams have such a high cap space amount?
Is it because they were cheap and didn’t spend like other teams did the previous season?
Rookie deals.
Smart contracts.

There's a bunch of reason's really.

Stafford moving would be nuts. What if the Cowboys went after him? His cap hits are $21m, $33m, and $27m. That gives them a much better chance to compete than Dak making $35m+, or whatever he wants.

VN Store

Back