He Said It

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
More than once Tebow referred to Tennessee as a sleeping giant. Given this recent recruiting cycle and Fulmer's excited claims of the Vols' return, could Timmy end up being prophetic? Will this slumbering Quinametzin fully awaken in 2020 or 2021? Keep poking him, Tim, keep poking.

Look at number of Twitter followers for the fooball and basketball teams and compare that to most other schools. Tebow is stating the obvious,

It was still nice of him, an enemy of the state to say this all the same. And he said at the time we were at our lowest. In other words when we were such a dumpster fire, we had a firenado whirling uncontrollably. Can't recall for certain but also think he made the same comment when some publication or Internet website comment had the UT listed among schools they said would never win another NC. He took issue with that. So I guess sometimes even enemies can be friends.

Last edited:
It was still nice of him, an enemy of the state to say this all the same. And he said at the time we were at our lowest. In other words when we were such a dumpster fire, we had a firenado whirling uncontrollably. Can't recall for certain but also think he made comment when some publication or Internet comment had the UT listed among schools they said would never win another NC. He took issue with that. So I guess sometimes even enemies can be friends.
Tebow is a very good guy. That guy never shows hate or throws shade on anyone, as far as I've seen. He has been quite complimentary of Tennessee over the years.

More than once Tebow referred to Tennessee as a sleeping giant. Given this recent recruiting cycle and Fulmer's excited claims of the Vols' return, could Timmy end up being prophetic? Will this slumbering Quinametzin fully awaken in 2020 or 2021? Keep poking him, Tim, keep poking.
I guess this is a fitting statement since he is a newlywed.

I think Tebow liked Tennessee during his recruitment. After reading his book, he stated that Jonathon Crompton was on the same official visit as he was, and that the staff gave the majority of their attention to Crompton. I

Reactions: sanglemangle
I think Tebow liked Tennessee during his recruitment. After reading his book, he stated that Jonathon Crompton was on the same official visit as he was, and that the staff gave the majority of their attention to Crompton. I

That's interesting. Guess we're left with a "What If" wondering if Fulmer had gotten him instead of Crompdaddy.

That's interesting. Guess we're left with a "What If" wondering if Fulmer had gotten him instead of Crompdaddy.
Well first Crompton and Tebow were in different classes so I don’t think Tennessee showing more attention to Crompton is that big of a surprise. Secondly, Tebow was here for the Florida game in 2004 on an unofficial visit. He’s stated that he found himself rooting for Florida the entire game and that’s when he realized that he could never come to Tennessee.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I wish WLAC 1510 AM in Nashville realized how big the Vols are in the whole state. For years they were a Vol network station...and of course they are a 50 k watt clear channel station you can hear all across the better part of the country at night...so when I went to the Midwest I could tune in for Vol Calls and all that. In the past couple years they decided to be a Vandy station instead. Note to WLAC...nobody cares about Vandy. Dummies.

Reactions: savannahfan
Well first Crompton and Tebow were in different classes so I don’t think Tennessee showing more attention to Crompton is that big of a surprise. Secondly, Tebow was here for the Florida game in 2004 on an unofficial visit. He’s stated that he found himself rooting for Florida the entire game and that’s when he realized that he could never come to Tennessee.

It was still nice what he said about Tennessee being a sleeping giant.

we've heard this from a lot of sports pundits. Herbie, Lowe, Maisel, Cowherd, Finebaum, etc, etc over the last 8 years. I'm ready to actually wake up.
CJP has woke 'em up.........now it's time to attack and maul some rear ends......

VN Store

Back