Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess they feel that dogs that are out running free will wind up lost and become another rescue or in a shelter?
You've seen where we live. Plenty of room to roam. We've had several dogs and none have ran off. Maybe for a day or two but always came back. We were willing to chip the dog. I even offered to build a large pen for when we weren't home. I offered to do an invisible fence. They wanted the dog in the house. I can't have a inside dog. I am allergic to dogs. Love them but can't share a living space with them for very long.

That o line looks menacing. If everyone stays healthy, they could be scary good. I hope Bailey is our starter at QB and I hope our sophomore tight ends are ready to play now. They will be needed.
As the article inferred, the TE’s can only benefit with Osovet as their position coach. I’m sure Nieds didn’t miss any steps, but Pruitt said he could coach any position group...but especially defense.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
You've seen where we live. Plenty of room to roam. We've had several dogs and none have ran off. Maybe for a day or two but always came back. We were willing to chip the dog. I even offered to build a large pen for when we weren't home. I offered to do an invisible fence. They wanted the dog in the house. I can't have a inside dog. I am allergic to dogs. Love them but can't share a living space with them for very long.

Wait...what? I mean, I appreciate your willingness to care for a dog but I kinda don't understand why you'd get a dog that you never allow inside...if you're allergic why get the dog? (also there's breeds that won't cause issues with the allergy if it's dander related).

Wait...what? I mean, I appreciate your willingness to care for a dog but I kinda don't understand why you'd get a dog that you never allow inside...if you're allergic why get the dog? (also there's breeds that won't cause issues with the allergy if it's dander related).
I love dogs and they don't cause me issues outside. We live on a large tract of land and have always had outside dogs. It used to be the norm. Now you're considered a second class citizen if you have outside dogs.

Last edited:
My dog's name is Kona Monkey Mocha. Every time I try to say it when I'm mad at her I mess up and laugh cause it's a bit of a tongue twister. Then I'm less angry at her. Haha

Reminds me, in my late teens we took in this orange tabby kitten (don't remember where it came from) but we just referred to it as the orange cat and nobody ever gave it an actual name. I moved away a few years later but that cat stayed with them for like 15 or 16 years until it finally died and in all that time no one ever actually named the poor thing. Best thing I remember though, one time when I went to visit them years after I'd left, I saw the cat's food bowl on the floor and it was personalized with a name. It said Orange Cat.

Some people prefer dogs outside....they're animals, but they are members of the family as well.

I'm not sure that is true. Most predators typically hunt when their prey is awake and mobile, because when the prey sleeps it normally will 'go to ground' and either be inaccessible, or the predator is unable to spot them due to lack of any movement.
Ok well in New Mexico where he was talking about most animals are probably more active at night due to the day being so hot. Also, all the predators he listed are known to be primarily nocturnal hunters. Though any nocturnal predator will also hunt during the day if the opportunity presents itself. But generally they hunt at night because it presents an advantage for them to sneak up on their prey.

You got a funny looking dog.

source.gif
EEE5FCE8-8CA1-4CE2-9F8E-2AC0C70DD67A.gif

Some people prefer dogs outside....they're animals, but they are members of the family as well.

Some folks chain 'em to a 2' x 3' wooden boxes and feed them table scraps in an old paint bucket too.

I think that's the owner the rescues/shelters are trying to prevent adopting out to, not that InVol is that type of owner.

Reactions: bignewt and Sleegro
Some folks chain 'em to a 2' x 3' wooden boxes and feed them table scraps in an old paint bucket too.

I think that's the owner the rescues/shelters are trying to prevent adopting out to, not that InVol is that type of owner.
Some people keep them in crates inside and let them wallow in their own feces too.

That said, I truly don’t get why people get a dog to do that though.

Last edited:
Random thought because I wasn’t able to see Arky game. But just watched the highlights. It really looks like Vescovi has completely changed this team. We have someone that can drive and dish the rock. He’s not Bone fast but he’s saavy. Recency bias or no?

I don't worry much about outside but more companionship? But full admission, I've spent a lot of time studying wild animals and very little on domesticated.

Wolves are extremely social pack animals. More likely to be found wondering alone (awake obviously) than to be found sleeping away from the pack.

We had outside dogs when I was kid but never a single dog for this reason. Also why many whine or howl at night if you leave them alone? Does it not apply to certain breeds of domestics or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back