NCAA Tournament chances

VFL 24/7

Legend
Big win tonight against a projected 9 seed in the NCAA tournament. I know we have a lot of hard games left which actually is a good thing because it gives us the opportunity to boost our resume for the big dance. I think if we win 4 or 5 of our next 7 we should at the very least be firmly on the bubble headed into SEC tournament play sitting at 18-19 wins. What do you think we need to do realistically down the stretch to get us in a decent position to get a bid on selection sunday? By the way I'm not predicting we will win 4 or 5 more games BUT if we play with the same effort tonight we definitely have a chance. Below is the remaining schedule:

• south_carolina.png

FEB 15 (SAT) 6 PM
    SEC
    AT
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    COLUMBIA, SC
  • Vanderbilt_Commodores.png

FEB 18 (TUE) 6:30 PM
    SEC
    VS
    VANDERBILT
    KNOXVILLE
  • auburn_logo.png

FEB 22 (SAT) NOON
    SEC
    AT
    AUBURN
    AUBURN, AL
  • Arkansas.png

FEB 26 (WED) 8:30 PM
    SEC
    AT
    ARKANSAS
    FAYETTEVILLE, AR
  • Florida.png

FEB 29 (SAT) 2 PM
    SEC
    VS
    FLORIDA
  • Kentucky.png

MAR 3 (TUE) 9 PM
    SEC
    AT
    KENTUCKY
    LEXINGTON, KY

• auburn_logo.png

MAR 7 (SAT) NOON
    SEC
    VS
    AUBURN

At Arkansas may be the game where winner dances
I'm starting to believe that, too. Vandy, USCe, and Florida are pretty much, must-wins, as our easiest path to 18 wins. It means we need to steal one on the road at UK, AU, or Arkansas, or get an unlikely win vs AU at home.

That game in Fayetteville, where we haven't won since 2008, IIRC, is looking like a winner take all matchup.

Big win tonight against a projected 9 seed in the NCAA tournament. I know we have a lot of hard games left which actually is a good thing because it gives us the opportunity to boost our resume for the big dance. I think if we win 4 or 5 of our next 7 we should at the very least be firmly on the bubble headed into SEC tournament play sitting at 18-19 wins. What do you think we need to do realistically down the stretch to get us in a decent position to get a bid on selection sunday? By the way I'm not predicting we will win 4 or 5 more games BUT if we play with the same effort tonight we definitely have a chance. Below is the remaining schedule:

• south_carolina.png

FEB 15 (SAT) 6 PM
    SEC
    AT
    SOUTH CAROLINA
    COLUMBIA, SC
  • Vanderbilt_Commodores.png

FEB 18 (TUE) 6:30 PM
    SEC
    VS
    VANDERBILT
    KNOXVILLE
  • auburn_logo.png

FEB 22 (SAT) NOON
    SEC
    AT
    AUBURN
    AUBURN, AL
  • Arkansas.png

FEB 26 (WED) 8:30 PM
    SEC
    AT
    ARKANSAS
    FAYETTEVILLE, AR
  • Florida.png

FEB 29 (SAT) 2 PM
    SEC
    VS
    FLORIDA
  • Kentucky.png

MAR 3 (TUE) 9 PM
    SEC
    AT
    KENTUCKY
    LEXINGTON, KY

• auburn_logo.png

MAR 7 (SAT) NOON
    SEC
    VS
    AUBURN
4 more regular season wins and a SEC tournament win and I think we're a lock and possible 8-10 seed. 19+ wins and we're in
I think we possibly get in with 18 wins, no chance at just 17 wins.

If we some how get in, what an accomplishment for this team. We were in every game till Turner had to hang it up. Were within a missed shot of beating FSU. Then can't score for the life of us lose a few. Get Vescovi and play better but it's hot and cold. Then lose JJJ but Beat bama at their place, play Kentucky to within 5 and a missed three with 2 to go before the free throw contest. Then take Arky to the wood shed. Every night has been an adventure.

I think 18 gets us in based on who we will play to get to that number. A win in the SECT will shore that up, but I don't think we need 20 with our SOS and Net.

I agree. I have always said to get to 18 total and 10-8 in conference.

We currently have 4 top 53 KenPom wins. If we add USC, Vandy, Arkansas, and UF or Auburn, then we add 2 more (although UF is moving down). At Arkansas and home against UF may be “playoff” type games to get into the conversation.

Reactions: cncchris33

VN Store

Back