Twitter account posing as Vol coach scamming recruits

Hoosier_Vol

Vol Stuck in B1G 10 Hell
Social media can be a great place for young athletes to build a brand and grow a name for themselves in a positive light. On the other had, it can sometimes be a place where bad-faith actors take advantage of athletes trying to break into college athletics.

An example of the latter was discovered by USA Academy Director of Player Personnel and Football Operations Kenyatta Watson on Tuesday. Watson, a former Texas Longhorn, also works as a consultant for recruits and noticed something fishy about one Twitter user posing as a Tennessee assistant coach.

LOOK: Twitter account posing as Vol coach scamming recruits

Reactions: RollerVol
I would assume by UT Athletics have contacted all recruits, families, HS Coaches and recruiters to warn of these BS Scammers.

Somebody give me a name and I will call my "Uncle Vito" who's in "Waste Management" to take care of the problem!
"It's done".

Attachments

• Philip Fulmer as the Godfather.jpeg
    Philip Fulmer as the Godfather.jpeg
    55.1 KB · Views: 17
Honestly, If he would have asked me to cash app him the money I would have been suspicious right then and there. That should have thrown up a red flag. I would have then contacted the school and made sure that this guy was legit.

Reactions: MADISONGAVOL
"Be sure and cashapp it to me directly and I promise I'll turn it in......"

cpt-obvious 3.gif

In 2020, being scammed on Social Media and getting outraged about it is like choosing to step in dog sh&t instead of simply walking around it!

Reactions: CAVPUT
I would assume by UT Athletics have contacted all recruits, families, HS Coaches and recruiters to warn of these BS Scammers.

Somebody give me a name and I will call my "Uncle Vito" who's in "Waste Management" to take care of the problem!
No need for "blue font." I got "friends" that WILL take care of it.;)

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back