New defensive line coach: Jimmy Brumbaugh

He has a pulse, so already a better recruiter than Rocker. But Rocker was one hell of a DL coach, I will give him that. He turned what we thought was straight slaw into a more than capable unit.
As far as recruiting is concerned, 247sports ranks Rock well ahead of Brumbaugh this year. Maybe that's because nobody who's any good wants to play at Colorado. I hope he's a good position coach.

As far as recruiting is concerned, 247sports ranks Rock well ahead of Brumbaugh this year. Maybe that's because nobody who's any good wants to play at Colorado. I hope he's a good position coach.
Eh, Not going to have a lot of top 100 recruiters at Colorado. Not to mention, he was brought in for his youth and the connections he has in the south.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

One quote I read from another article on Brumbaugh, "Brumbaugh coached four All-SEC defensive linemen, including NFL Draft picks Bud Dupree and Za'Darius Smith, in his four seasons at Kentucky (2013-16)."

And having the Community College connections could help as well.

Reactions: preacherwebb
Pruitt is a damn genius. He knows it's not about the X's and O's if you don't have the Jimmy's and Joe's, so he hired em both

Sooo the low down on this guy is he's a very good position coach but has always been about middle of the pack as far as a recruiter. Rocker actually finished ahead of him as a recruiter at Georgia versus Brumbaugh at UK a couple of years, Brumbaugh finished ahead of him one year in recruiter rankings. That said the fan perception of UK and CU fans I talked to said he's a decent recruiter but not close to the best on either of those staffs; Rocker by comparison was considered bottom tier on recruiting by several Georgia fans. I would be interested to hear some more opinions. Everyone has praised him as a position coach and said his groups took steps forward when he took over which is promising.

Reactions: mssr_q
Sooo the low down on this guy is he's a very good position coach but has always been about middle of the pack as far as a recruiter. Rocker actually finished ahead of him as a recruiter at Georgia versus Brumbaugh at UK a couple of years, Brumbaugh finished ahead of him one year in recruiter rankings. That said the fan perception of UK and CU fans I talked to said he's a decent recruiter but not close to the best on either of those staffs; Rocker by comparison was considered bottom tier on recruiting by several Georgia fans. I would be interested to hear some more opinions. Everyone has praised him as a position coach and said his groups took steps forward when he took over which is promising.
Easier to get talent to go to UGA over UK and certainly Colorado. He can only be an upgrade in recruiting and hopefully at least as good as Rocker on the practice field

Easier to get talent to go to UGA over UK and certainly Colorado. He can only be an upgrade in recruiting and hopefully at least as good as Rocker on the practice field
I think there’s a recurring pattern of replacing Rocker on staffs. Not saying he’s a bad position coach but perhaps gets complacent after some time.

And yeah much easier to get talent here or Georgia than CU or UK. I just wanted to give as unbiased information as possible from my perspective and let people think what they want. I personally think this is an upgrade.

And yeah much easier to get talent here or Georgia than CU or UK. I just wanted to give as unbiased information as possible from my perspective and let people think what they want. I personally think this is an upgrade.
I hope so and time will tell. I thought Rocker did a good job the last 2 years in terms of development. He left much to be desired in regards to recruiting

Reactions: jakez4ut

VN Store

Back