Rivals: NSD Winners and Losers

Losers on National Signing DAY, day. Yes, not landing Avantae Williams or flipping Jahmyr Gibbs on NSD made for a bad day, I agree with that, even though we got Princely U later.

Don’t mistake a bad National Signing Day for a bad class.
or you could just do both.

like we did.
:)

Recruiting is the lifeblood of the program. Finishing strong was very important. It's hard to understand how that's not understood. It's a terrific thing that we ended up with a solid class. Now we have to aim even higher. But we should certainly be appreciative of where we sit now. Especially with where we came from.

The three schools listed as losers on NSD:

FLORIDA

ALABAMA

OLE MISS

Man, I sure hate to see those three on the sucking end of recruiting season. Just breaks your heart doesn't it.......hahahahahahahahahahahahah GBO baby!

i think when you start looking at Tennessee football over a 2 year time line, you have to be happy with what's going on.

we closed last year's NSD extreemely strong with HT, Crouch and Wright.

we closed the ESD going 5 for 5 on targets that were committing/signing that day.

and the afformentioned NSD close with the 2 maing targets on our board.

and if we find ourselves adding Evans this cycle, just plain old gravy on top.

factor in the finish to the season on the field.....

and while most are never thrilled to lose coaches, the fact that as we have had turnover, we've answered the bell with big names, up can comers, promotions from with in...

i just think you have to like the foundation we have, the beginnings of what looks like progress on the field, upgrades in talent and depth...leadership developing in the locker room....and administration that seemingly "gets it" now............

i mean it's hard not to be excited about where we are, and really, where we're headed.....bottom line to me, it's more a "when" now than it is an "if". and that wasn't the case just a couple years ago...."if" was very much in question, and i just don't think that's the case anymore. this thing is moving in one direction only. UP.

GBO.
This is a great post

I agree.
I’m just saying I hate seeing these articles that say “winners and losers” of NSD. Pointless article.
Click bait and selling ads is the real point...NSD articles and college football in general is just the vehicle to that end. Plus we like to read that kinda s$%#! lol

Reactions: TrippieRedd
true, and a good point. it's been discussed to death, but i think we all recognize on some level that those two big classes was a house of cards.

this just doesn't have that feel to it at all........not one bit....for all the reasons i listed.

not that we're experts, but having gone thru what Kiffin did here, what Dooley did here, what Butch did here.....there were things from each of those tenures you can look back on and point out "yeah, that wasn't good" or "yeah, that makes sense now" etc....

and so far, if you're looking for indicators with Pruitt and co. that would lead you to believe that we're seeing the same, or similar, things from any of those regimes.............you're just not finding them. at least i'm not. not yet anyway.

just feels/looks different than any of those three.
The only bad thing that’s happened with Pruitt is the loss to ga state. That was rough but the finish to the season outweighs that imo. It’s still early in his tenure and he’s putting the pieces together. Last year was an eye opener for me just by not having 30 injuries throughout the season like butch had. Shows that the S&C is a lot better. And the strong finish shows that the players are being developed. We should see some major improvements again this season. So I’m with you it feels and looks different this time.

VN Store

Back