Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

It's a huge monkey off of the back of the entire Gamecock Nation, but that said this is not the typical UConn team. It's Baylor and UConn's sloppy thirds. So this game is great publicity but it's not going to be dwelled on which is great. It's not like they were beating Brianna Stewart, and Diana Taurasi, and Maya Moore or even Kia Nurse.

People have said UCONN will be better next year but I disagree. Dangerfield makes clutch basket after clutch basket. Who will be their starting PG next year?
Beuckers. She's the real deal. They'll be miles better if they can add a solid post player. That is their real issue.

It's a huge monkey off of the back of the entire Gamecock Nation, but that said this is not the typical UConn team. It's Baylor and UConn's sloppy thirds. So this game is great publicity but it's not going to be dwelled on which is great. It's not like they were beating Brianna Stewart, and Diana Taurasi, and Maya Moore or even Kia Nurse.

By that thinking then SC won their title because they didn’t have to go thru UConn? Doesn’t matter who is on the court you gotta play them. No sloppy seconds or thirds here a win against UConn is just that especially when it is the first.

Savor it and build off it.

Beuckers. She's the real deal. They'll be miles better if they can add a solid post player. That is their real issue.

She’s a freshman. Though they have helped teams to titles before (Tolliver and Harris come to mind), it’s asking a lot to expect her to fill Dangerfield’s role in her first year. I think Westbrook will help but I just don’t see the full package of players with that killer instinct to surround her with. Next year will be interesting but I don’t have the huskies winning it.

Reactions: stlvolsfan
gule...come out, come out where ever you are....I am not going to hammer you like you threatened to hammer me. I am a better person. I am glad we got the monkey off our back and in the scheme of things...that's all it was. The NCAA tournament awaits and they hit the reset button for that event. I wish the Lady Vols well along the way....it would be nice to see two SEC teams in the national championship game again....but as far as this game against UCONN..... in the words of Forrest Gump.."That's all I have to say about that."

People have said UCONN will be better next year but I disagree. Dangerfield makes clutch basket after clutch basket. Who will be their starting PG next year?
Geno is on record as saying next year he will say, "We won the national championship because of her". He was speaking of next years point guard. Another freshman expected to bring in immediate value is our 6'3" power forward who has payed for the Canadian national team since she was 17. She will allow Megan walker to move to her natural 3 position. The post coming in, 6'5" Piath Gabriel has a LV offer (also L'ville, UNC and others) is raw but expected to provide some minutes. Nika Muhl point guard from Croatia has offers from Oregon, Louisville, Ohio State, LSU. Saylor Poffenbarger is the number 6 for Prospects nation. 6'2" shooting guard with incredible range. All of Uconn is sad to see our first recruit from the state of Tennessee graduate, but we are looking forward to next year and the year after that, and ... There's also some transfer player that's becoming eligible and here's a little video to entertain you -

Last edited:
gule...come out, come out where ever you are....I am not going to hammer you like you threatened to hammer me. I am a better person. I am glad we got the monkey off our back and in the scheme of things...that's all it was. The NCAA tournament awaits and they hit the reset button for that event. I wish the Lady Vols well along the way....it would be nice to see two SEC teams in the national championship game again....but as far as this game against UCONN..... in the words of Forrest Gump.."That's all I have to say about that."
Well Done GameCocks!! I agree with Geno when he got a little upset with the questions of what did UConn do wrong. He said, "There is nothing wrong with us getting beat by a better team. Why don't you write about that." Oregon was impressive, but I do believe this is a Gamecock year. BTW, I live in SC and my son-in-law is "Gamecock 4 Life". So I follow them pretty close and will cheer for them except for when they play my home team. I expect to be at the regionals in Greenville, and if UConn is in another region I will sport my Garnet and Black. If UConn is here, I'll be in American flag blue. Again, you have a great team. (But, I'm still not a Dawn fan even if Geno is)

Needy, for the record, I have never said you were “denigrating LV basketball” in any way.

What I am saying is that you use the Lady Vol board to discuss and “humble-brag” about the Connecticut Huskies, and you and NewDog can get awfully p!ssy and defensive if Lady Vol fans on a Lady Vol fan board don’t love the Connecticut Huskies as much as either of you do. Sure, you may later apologize “if you said too much,” but... come on.

There are actually boards specifically for people who love the Connecticut Huskies, and this one isn’t it. Every few weeks I even look at the Boneyard to catch up with what’s going on in Husky Land. That’s where I go because that’s where I expect to read endless points/counterpoints regarding the Connecticut Huskies. NOT VolNation.
The reason, I seem to post about UConn so much is that some posters here seem obsessed with the Huskies. For example your post that started my frustration. If you don't want point/counterpoint about UConn; why did you make your original post? Obviously you have a UConn obsession that caused you to initiate a discussion about UConn. It's point was so ludicrous, I should have laughed. I have a problem in that as a has been player, I still am competitive and that sometime spills over into my posts. And yeah, you got me with what I thought was a cheap shot, so you win this round. My response, in retrospect, was over the top and uncalled for so I 'x'ed it . It's all good

Geno is on record as saying next year he will say, "We won the national championship because of her". He was speaking of next years point guard. Another freshman expected to bring in immediate value is our 6'3" power forward who has payed for the Canadian national team since she was 17. She will allow Megan walker to move to her natural 3 position. The post coming in, 6'5" Piath Gabriel has a LV offer (also L'ville, UNC and others) is raw but expected to provide some minutes. Nika Muhl point guard from Croatia has offers from Oregon, Louisville, Ohio State, LSU. Saylor Poffenbarger is the number 6 for Prospects nation. 6'2" shooting guard with incredible range. All of Uconn is sad to see our first recruit from the state of Tennessee graduate, but we are looking forward to next year and the year after that, and ... There's also some transfer player that's becoming eligible and here's a little video to entertain you -

Omg since Geno went on record it must mean, you know, it’s really gonna happen.

Why is that any different from Coach Summitt always looking like someone convinced her that she had Superman-like heat vision on the sidelines, and she was trying to bore holes through players, referees, everyone?? And I seriously doubt that South Carolina's rise in SEC and national WCBB stature had to do with whatever some guy named Dave Hart was doing in his office in Knoxville......
If you don't understand the role Dave Hart played in all of this then you are just clueless. You don't believe it, then fine. That's on you. Dave Hart being hired is one of the worst things that ever happened in Knoxville. He not only sucked at his job, he was an arrogant ass.

Well Done GameCocks!! I agree with Geno when he got a little upset with the questions of what did UConn do wrong. He said, "There is nothing wrong with us getting beat by a better team. Why don't you write about that." Oregon was impressive, but I do believe this is a Gamecock year. BTW, I live in SC and my son-in-law is "Gamecock 4 Life". So I follow them pretty close and will cheer for them except for when they play my home team. I expect to be at the regionals in Greenville, and if UConn is in another region I will sport my Garnet and Black. If UConn is here, I'll be in American flag blue. Again, you have a great team. (But, I'm still not a Dawn fan even if Geno is)
You are in the same boat I am in..I am a South Carolina grad and my sister is a Tennessee grad...so I do it the same way...just the opposite...lol...

Why do CT fans post on a Lady Vol board INSTEAD of a Connecticut board? What makes them prefer to be here instead of with other fans of the same program?

Do they find the Connecticut board to be so boring, so populated by such uninteresting dullards so utterly lacking in basketball knowledge that they have to come here in order to exchange intelligent ideas and opinions? Do they love orange and hate navy blue?

Have they been bullied and belittled over on the Boneyard? Are they now too insecure to post on the boneyard and feel better here because they know Tennessee fans are exponentially nicer people than CT fans are?

Are they subliminally suggesting to recruits that “everything Tennessee is better than anything Connecticut” by preferring to be here rather than with CT fans? Or are they here to give a constant, transparently subversive CT presence and ideological slant on a Tennessee board for the benefit of any recruits and their families who might cruise by here? :eek:

Inquiring minds need to know! o_O
I doubt those inquiring minds include very many recruits nor parents.

Congrats to Dawn S for ridding herself of that never beat Geno tag. Still 1 and 7 though. Lol. On the road and missed the game.

Reactions: SCspur
Why is UConn even been discussed in this recruiting thread? There’s literally a thread for non lady Vols news.

This is the non-lady vol thread. Though I don’t doubt there is some long drawn out UCONN convo happening in one of the recruiting threads.

Dawn has built a really strong program. UConn is showing the results of a couple of worse than normal recruiting years. SC should have won, and they did. Applause to Dawn and her team.

I guess all of the above will solve our turnover problem, and if not...

We can always misspell the UConn coach's name to show that we...

consistently beat creampuffs and cupcakes. We used to lose to some of them,
so things are improving.

Hey Needorange. UConners are putting a lot of stock in Page. You have a good knowledge of the game do you think she will turn up ready to have made a meaningful contribution to Baylor, Oregon and USC?

Right this minute Dangerfield seems the only true gamer UConn has agains decent and better teams

VN Store

Back