Tracy Rocker Leaving for South Carolina

More staff turnover, just what we need smh. Why can’t we get some freaking stability? Just saw where Pruitt is set to hire Felton???? Sheesh. Talk about a downgrade.

Reactions: de1conley
I honestly don’t think Pruitt pushed to keep anyone from leaving. Maybe Pruitt is demanding too much in their eyes. I will bet it’s an upgrade.

Best decade of SC football vs the worst decade of UT football...4-6...we’ll be alright lol
I'm not saying we won't be alright, I just wouldn't scoff at the idea that they are currently a rival.

And they had 3 of their best years to start the decade but since then have been pretty mediocre, i.e. more or less what they've always been.

Reactions: SCRocket
More staff turnover, just what we need smh. Why can’t we get some freaking stability? Just saw where Pruitt is set to hire Felton???? Sheesh. Talk about a downgrade.
Georgia has had staff turnover this year. Saban at Alabama damn near turns his entire staff over every 2 years. It happens, relax. We upgraded at the RB coach slot, got a really good offensive mind in Osovet on the field at TE coach, got Nieds where is a little more comfortable at LBs coach. We announced Rocker’s replacement about 4 minutes after it was announced that Rocker was leaving, which tells me that Pruitt orchestrated it because while Rocker is a really good DL coach, we just need a stronger recruiter there. We’ll similarly replace Rumph, who took off to the NFL, can’t blame him there.

Bottom line, you either trust Pruitt to handle and improve his staff or you don’t. I do....looks like you don’t.

What tickles me about this is that so many complain about Will Friend and Chris Weinke, yet those are 2/3rds of the assistants Pruitt has wanted to keep on from the original staff. Maybe they don't suck after all, at least Pruitt doesn't think so.

I'm not saying we won't be alright, I just wouldn't scoff at the idea that they are currently a rival.

And they had 3 of their best years to start the decade but since then have been pretty mediocre, i.e. more or less what they've always been.
No I 100% agree with you, I wasn’t trying to downplay your comment. I agree. I grew up in a family of Gamecocks and went to UT. The hatred runs deep in my veins now

Reactions: feathersax
No I 100% agree with you, I wasn’t trying to downplay your comment. I agree. I grew up in a family of Gamecocks and went to UT. The hatred runs deep in my veins now
It’s just funny to me now on the outside looking in that their fan base truly believes they are a contender every year and aren’t really that far behind Clemson lol

Scoffing and arrogance is rampant

very misleading headline, he and the other coaches were basically let go, not surprising after Ansley took over and anyone that knows anything about recruiting knows those three coaches were not pulling their weight, so they are easily replaceable and not hard to upgrade. The off field guy, Hughes?, those people are dime a dozen and I’ll take someone with more experience for that role all day long! Certainly looks like all the staff changes have resulted in upgrades!!!! 👏👏👏

Reactions: davethevol
I remember when Rocker was hired that people were saying he wasn’t a great hire, and that players regressed under him at Georgia. Now the sky is falling!

I remember when Rocker was hired that people were saying he wasn’t a great hire, and that players regressed under him at Georgia. Now the sky is falling!
I remember a couple of weeks ago people wanted him replaced that he couldn't recruit and he was reason we lost Hardy and another '21 cruit said he didn't talk to Rocker much and he had to go...........he was "the weak link"

Reactions: davethevol
Dude his con

dude his contract wasn’t renewed because of his lack of recruiting and going forward lack for motivation due to his son hitting the lottery in MLB. It was time to part ways. Very thankful for all his time effort and expertise BUT it was time.

Every staff has technical coaches who don't recruit well. That's why you hv elite guys who recruit a kid and mk them the secondary recruiter. Chief was a dormant recruiter but was a closer on campus. Guys like this are nothing new.

lol..wanted him SO bad that he didn't have a contract. You don't announce a replacement the same time a coach announces he is leaving if you are trying to keep him. He was told that he was going to be demoted to an off the field role.

Can you read? Comprehension offering contracts didn't start yesterday. He was offered a different role and a new deal it was his choice to leave and not accept the offer. Muschamp knew of this and offered him the same role and 3 yr deal.

Most of the future animals in South Carolina will end up at Clemson. They got Burch because he is a local kid. Not to mention, Muschamp is a bad season away from being gone. Rocker may be one and done there. But I do agree, he’s one of the best I have seen at player development and I hate to see him leave. Hope Pruitt has Bo Davis on speed dial

In case you haven't paid attention SC gets their share too. SC will stick it out with Muschamp because there simply isn't a plethora of coaches to choose from. Now that they'll hv all the new coaches with 3 yr deals, it will mk the powers that be reconsider all those buyouts.

VN Store

Back