Chris Rumph leaving for the Houston Texans

I don't think turnover is necessarily a bad thing, but it's still a little shocking to see 3 staff members jump ship in a two-hour window. Especially considering 2 left for USC Jr. which is a sinking ship. I'm sure Pruitt was prepared for this to happen though.

One of my favorite coaches, wish him well in the NFL.

Not sure why the exodus of coaches at UT, but we know it’s Pruitt’s defense and he’ll be the one coaching it up mostly.

I don't think turnover is necessarily a bad thing, but it's still a little shocking to see 3 staff members jump ship in a two-hour window. Especially considering 2 left for USC Jr. which is a sinking ship. I'm sure Pruitt was prepared for this to happen though.
It’s not really that shocking considering their contracts ended today and they were not offered an extension. This has been in the works for a while.

Pruitt let us know earlier that staff changes were part of the business...and guys taking better jobs was expected ....so stop with "the sky is..."
What we know is he brings is quality coaches...relax, enjoy the ride. Stop biting your fingernails. 👍

One of my favorite coaches, wish him well in the NFL.

Not sure why the exodus of coaches at UT, but we know it’s Pruitt’s defense and he’ll be the one coaching it up mostly.
Well let's see, Rocker's contract was expired and never renewed. Offer to change rolls on staff but he denied the offer. And Rumph (hate to see him go) took a step up to the NFL where he can coach and spend more time with his family without recruiting so kinda a promotion and Sherrer done the same thing. Now as far as Drew Hughes..... I haven't a clue. It's not like they was jumping ship for lateral moves 2 took steps forward in career progression.

I liked him. Hopefully we find a good replacement. This one might be Kevin Simon. Marion hobby hopefully will replace Rocker.

You can’t fault a man for wanting to go coach JJ Watt and Jadavean Clowney, especially a guy who has paid his dues and been successful at two big time college programs.

Not much left to do at college level.

* Clowney now plays for Seattle.

I'm guessing the departures weren't a surprise, & the announcements were coordinated and held onto until replacements were confirmed and could be announced along with the departures. Pretty smart move considering the melt down potential of our fan base.

VN Store

Back