Tracy Rocker Leaving for South Carolina

Rocker had plenty of experience as a player and coach but seemed to be at best only a fair recruiter. Personally, I would like to see his replacement be a much, much better recruiter. DL (LOS) is where games are won and lost in the SEC, and we need better recruitment at this vital position.

Hardys comments maybe be more to it than we know. If I'm not mistaken multiple kids have noted lack of communication...dont think he puts in the work on trail as his competitors do

If that’s true then a change is needed. We’ll never get where we want recruiting like that

If that’s true then a change is needed. We’ll never get where we want recruiting like that

That's what's been stated in several articles with different recruits....I can not remember anyone's names but hardy's. But makes sense

Big loss for us Rocker did a great job coaching the players up last season. Maybe Pruitt foresaw this and has somebody even better to replace him

Rock is a good coach and will be missed. We experienced the high coaching turnover rate with Butch where coaches came and went while our players never got coached up. The coaching carousel this year is beginning to be concerning.
The more success the Vols have the greater the chance of coaching turnover especially if we are truly targeting the best coaches and recruiters.

This is a major loss as a coach Rocker is one of the most technical guys in the business. For this very reason its why he has the list of pro level guys he has produced. For what its worth they wanted him to stay at UT but tk another role and he took the opportunity to join Mushchamp who he coached with at Fla. Last but not least with all the talent the state of SC produces recruiting there with a resume like Rocker has it won't be hard to add to what they brought in this yr in the 5* like Burch and they have some future animals coming up in 21 too.

Sounds like he was offered an off field position and took this instead

If that's the case it makes sense for him, especially considering that South Carolina's D-line is one of the best in the nation and he'll probably try to springboard off that group into a position with another team if Muschamp gets fired

I have no knowledge or ill will, but it sure seems like this was at best a mutable departing of ways. Not worried. It seems like every coach that CJP has had to replace ends up being an upgrade.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Coaching turnover is always going to happen if your staff is filled with quality coaches that is, the question is can Pruitt replace them with as good or better coaches and so far that answer is yes. This along with alot more was one of Butchs biggest failure if he did find a good coach to come here he micromanaged them to the point where they struggled, Shoop being the biggest example of that.

Do not believe his contract was renewed. Also hard believe director of player personnel to leave willingly to work with muschamp who has one foot out the door. Sounds like they were pushed out politely

That's the thought I had too. Lotsa smoke around TR's inability to land star recruits. This conference is too competitive to have any coaches take that opportunity off.

Dude his con
This is a major loss as a coach Rocker is one of the most technical guys in the business. For this very reason its why he has the list of pro level guys he has produced. For what its worth they wanted him to stay at UT but tk another role and he took the opportunity to join Mushchamp who he coached with at Fla. Last but not least with all the talent the state of SC produces recruiting there with a resume like Rocker has it won't be hard to add to what they brought in this yr in the 5* like Burch and they have some future animals coming up in 21 too.
dude his contract wasn’t renewed because of his lack of recruiting and going forward lack for motivation due to his son hitting the lottery in MLB. It was time to part ways. Very thankful for all his time effort and expertise BUT it was time.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
sorry to see him go, he was quite a player in his college days, seems odd that he would go from a sailing ship
to a leaking one that may be burning at next season's end

The game next year at South Carolina just got alot more interesting
Because of a position coach? USC jr is a mess right now and there's a very good chance muschamp is gone next season, would've been gone this season if not for that buyout. Coach Rock is a good coach but the writing was on the wall for him here. I hope he has a strong finish to his career but I highly doubt it'll be at Carolina

Reactions: sport3500
Can't for the life of me understand why people are going to South Carolina, of all places. They'll be lucky if Muschamp survives more than 1 year there.

Reactions: FïreBall
Sounds like he might be getting a little raise. If so probably not a bad thing to make a big pay check before you retire or get fired after next year.

Can't for the life of me understand why people are going to South Carolina, of all places. They'll be lucky if Muschamp survives more than 1 year there.
Why not? You probably get a multi year contract and will receive a buyout after your first year. That is like getting 2 years pay for one year of work.

VN Store

Back