Tracy Rocker Leaving for South Carolina

Thats an odd move for Rocker since its a lateral and I though the rumor was that he wanted more family time. Will be interesting to see what they pay him at SCar.

Thats an odd move for Rocker since its a lateral and I though the rumor was that he wanted more family time. Will be interesting to see what they pay him at SCar.
He will definitely receive more family time after getting fired along with the rest of the USC east staff after next season.

Any thoughts or word on who might be replacing him at this point. I live in Columbia, SC and rely on this board for Vols news. Thanks

Reactions: preacherwebb
Disappointing for sure. With all the good things happening with the team, why leave? I hope he doesn’t burn the bridge behind him like Johnson did.

Reactions: OG.V83

One thing about getting a job on a sinking ship, it will probably be a multi-year deal for Rocker. That could be easy money for a year's worth of work and then Muschamp gets fired as compared to a possible analyst role and lesser money here.

Last edited:
I can't believe SCAR can pay him more than what Tennessee can. Can't wait to see what he's getting there

Any thoughts or word on who might be replacing him at this point. I live in Columbia, SC and rely on this board for Vols news. Thanks
Bo Davis is a name getting traction. Past SEC experience with Alabama and currently with the Detroit Lions. Known as a great coach and recruiter. Got into some recruiting trouble while at Alabama and has flown under the NCAA radar for a couple of years.

Reactions: livefaith

Do not believe his contract was renewed. Also hard believe director of player personnel to leave willingly to work with muschamp who has one foot out the door. Sounds like they were pushed out politely

Rock is a good coach and will be missed. We experienced the high coaching turnover rate with Butch where coaches came and went while our players never got coached up. The coaching carousel this year is beginning to be concerning.

We should be used to it by now

VN Store

Back