Game Thread: #23/25 LADY VOLS VS. #8/8 MISSISSIPPI STATE

Actually she didn't do anything for three seasons that coach Kellie has done in her first. We don't have three four AA's we have players that were rated AA's and half are not upperclassmen. Our bench is one of the worst in the SEC. Hype all you want Dawn took three years to get to where Kellie is now. Schaeffer actually had a good year his third year and fourth a little better. I am deadly serious as to the record she has produced with a new system and only two effective players. I'll even give Dawn a pass in year one when she went 2 and 12 in the SEC, but in the next two seasons 7 and 9 and 8 and 8 and even in the fourth 10 and 6 and in the fifth 11 and 5. So you want to start the BS the stats don't lie. First five years SEC finish 11th, 7th, tie for 5th, tie for 4th, tie for 4th so there you go. First five seasons SEC record 38 and 40. Schaeffer SEC 5 and 11 first year, 5 and 11 second year, 11 and 5 third year, 11 and 5 fourth year. 32 and 32 in the SEC first four seasons. I bet Kellie beats both those records easily in her first three years.
I appreciate the time you spent getting those numbers together but I still stand by what I said. You most certainly DO have players on your team this year that were highly rated out of HS. Dawn didn't have that when she came to SC. That's a fact. & it's not Dawn's fault that your highly rated players out of high school haven't been developed as they should have.

Are you really suggesting that if Dawn had taken over the SC program with the talent you have on your team this year that she would have only won 2 SEC games?! That is preposterous. You are clearly looking through orange tinted glasses my friend.
If Kellie had started from the bottom up as Dawn has done then we could start making comparisons. But SC hadn't won a thing when Dawn got here. UT still has its name & tradition plus previous titles it could sell to recruits. It's nowhere near the same situation.

I appreciate the time you spent getting those numbers together but I still stand by what I said. You most certainly DO have players on your team this year that were highly rated out of HS. Dawn didn't have that when she came to SC. That's a fact. & it's not Dawn's fault that your highly rated players out of high school haven't been developed as they should have.

Are you really suggesting that if Dawn had taken over the SC program with the talent you have on your team this year that she would have only won 2 SEC games?! That is preposterous. You are clearly looking through orange tinted glasses my friend.
If Kellie had started from the bottom up as Dawn has done then we could start making comparisons. But SC hadn't won a thing when Dawn got here. UT still has its name & tradition plus previous titles it could sell to recruits. It's nowhere near the same situation.
Other than Davis who is ready for the SEC let me know. I didn't suggest she took over with the talent I was suggesting it took her four years to have a decent winning record. Why didn't she have one in year two or definitely year three. We've got a winning record this season probably gonna win 20 games with less than we had last season that we lost 13 games. So my point is Kellie has done more with less than most SEC teams have this year. Because talent is shown on the court not on someones rating sheet.

Reactions: krichunaka
Other than Davis who is ready for the SEC let me know. I didn't suggest she took over with the talent I was suggesting it took her four years to have a decent winning record. Why didn't she have one in year two or definitely year three. We've got a winning record this season probably gonna win 20 games with less than we had last season that we lost 13 games. So my point is Kellie has done more with less than most SEC teams have this year. Because talent is shown on the court not on someones rating sheet.

To be fair i will say this and my brother who works for a BB recruiting service. Said he thinks right now SC and the other top teams are doing a better job at scouting talent and getting it.

To be fair i will say this and my brother who works for a BB recruiting service. Said he thinks right now SC and the other top teams are doing a better job at scouting talent and getting it.

Would seem definitely that they are doing a better job of getting the players than Tennessee. I think were offering all the top players just don't have the relationships to get any of them right now. A lot of people still think were going to do quite well in the 2021 class I have no idea, but certainly hope that is true.

Mississippi State had one McDonald's All-American to our three. Many of their starters were in the range of 40-60 in the espnW rankings, with the exception of Rickea Jackson (who was fourth overall) and Chloe Bibby (who was not in the top-100), so rankings were pretty similar.

Without Davis, we lack an energetic boost off the bench that could come from either Horston or Burrell. Our bench got outscored 6 (KK) to 21. It is a little disappointing that at this point in her career, Kuskituah still does not seem SEC ready, as both of Mississippi State's centers outplayed ours, as theirs totaled 19 points and 11 rebounds to our 10 points and 8 rebounds.

Would seem definitely that they are doing a better job of getting the players than Tennessee. I think were offering all the top players just don't have the relationships to get any of them right now. A lot of people still think were going to do quite well in the 2021 class I have no idea, but certainly hope that is true.

I agree and we need to land two top players in the 2021 and one needs to be a pg.

USC doing a better job of scouting? 🤔

Didn’t they just sign FOUR players in the top 11 or 12 rankings last year ? Not much scouting needed ! JMO

They don't. Most of the team are middle of the pack recruits. 3 starters (Taylor, Carter, Bibby) barely played last year, with Bibby coming black from a blown knee. Morris is brand new to the team. Rickea is a stud, but she's a freshman. Ironically, their 2nd most experienced player behind Danberry and (on paper) 2nd highest rated player is sitting at the end of the bench.

MSST looks more talented because Vic has a history of getting more out of less.
Perfectly stated

VN Store

Back