Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

There is something very wrong with you. You pull for UCONN over an SEC team. That is pure jealousy on your part. I pull for SEC teams against all others...I think most SEC fans pull for SEC schools against out of conference games...so it just boils down to jealousy in you. You seem to want to compare this team to past South Carolina teams because it makes you feel good to think they will fold. Those past teams would not have played the way these girls do...and none of these girls (freshmen) have any exposure to UCONN outside of the fact that UCONN tried very, very hard to get all of them...well, we did, they didn't...so deal with gule....I always pull for Tennessee in spite of your antics on the board (and my sister is an alum). Maybe you will get your wish and UCONN will win...and maybe not...either way...you are a pathetic excuse for an SEC fan....and I was member here 4 years before you.....so I am no newbee to your posts.
Looks like you have another (one) person that agrees with you. If USCe wins the Natty what does Tennessee get out of that deal... tougher recruiting??? 🤔🤔🤔

As for Auriemma, I feel like he is softening a bit — as most males naturally do as the years go by
As an aging male, I would like to repeat a bumper sticker I saw some time ago that said, "Men age like wine, Women age like milk". No necessarily my opinion, just reporting here.

Reactions: BUBear
Fair warning, you might want to take a break from this forum if the gamechicks come up losers(again) to UConn. I might be insufferable for a while. Your heart might not take it. J/k
to quote Geno on playing SC, "They're big, they're fast, they're tough. There's a reason why they are No. 1," Auriemma said. "So, yeah, Monday could be another (rear end) whooping like the one we got the other night."

Tonight, against a seriously inferior team, was the first time this year we looked like one of the old UConn teams, 38 baskets on 31 assists. Perhaps if we can keep the ball moving we can make a better game of it.

As an aging male, I would like to repeat a bumper sticker I saw some time ago that said, "Men age like wine, Women age like milk". No necessarily my opinion, just reporting here.

lol!

Truth is, as both men and women become old, roles are often reversed due to hormone changes. The increase of estrogen in men makes them infinitely kinder and gentler and more patient (like younger women), while the increase of testosterone in women makes THEM infinitely less likely to accept anyone’s weak-@zz bull@$%t anymore (like younger men).

Hormone changes are amazing, but it seems to me females get the raw deal. I mean, how unfair is it that young women feel they have to cater to a young man’s testosterone-driven ego, only to have to end up being the one whose testosterone increase is wasted on, now, tending to her whimpering old-@zz husband’s bout with crippling constipation? lol

to quote Geno on playing SC, "They're big, they're fast, they're tough. There's a reason why they are No. 1," Auriemma said. "So, yeah, Monday could be another (rear end) whooping like the one we got the other night."

Tonight, against a seriously inferior team, was the first time this year we looked like one of the old UConn teams, 38 baskets on 31 assists. Perhaps if we can keep the ball moving we can make a better game of it.

For the record, as much as I want USC to win Monday night, I am reluctantly predicting an upset win for CT. And no, it’s not because I lack respect for South Carolina’s players or coaching staff. I fully believe that USC has the edge in matchups this year. But I also believe that CT is due to take their turn in the “Top 3 Upsets” winners circle.

I’ll be thrilled if USC proves me wrong.

Lvocd, agree about Staley suppirting other coaches and players. I never liked her much due to her perpetual scowl but recently saw or read a piece detailing her shy, insular background that still makes it hard for her to open up much. Basketball sounds like her life.

I admired her defense of Coach Yo at Ole Miss after the horrible beatdown in which Ole Miss was epically inept at scoring. Sometimes coaches' defenses of coaches with weak tesms can sound self-serving (who wants to see opponents get stronger?), but Staley's defense seemed genuine and sincere.

Reactions: T_Vol376 and lvocd
Gonna stand with @gule on this one. NOT trolling jut an observation. He offered no critique or criticism of SC, just a thought on a final score like any good BB fan should be able to do without some paranoid supporter jumping down his keyboard.
You are very wrong...he has gone out of his way to talk trash about Dawn...from crapping in her pants to many other things that have nothing to do with WBB. I dismissed him or her as an idiot but my curiosity was with why he hated Dawn...he doesn't trash other winning SEC coaches...just Dawn...so stand with him if you must but also know what you are standing in...I mean...with.

You are very wrong...he has gone out of his way to talk trash about Dawn...from crapping in her pants to many other things that have nothing to do with WBB. I dismissed him or her as an idiot but my curiosity was with why he hated Dawn...he doesn't trash other winning SEC coaches...just Dawn...so stand with him if you must but also know what you are standing in...I mean...with.

gule does what he does out of pure joy. He lives for responses like yours
"feed me Seymore"

But every now and then, he emits wisdoms that most are afraid to say

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Accusing me of all sorts of things I’ve never said or done. I did say Dawn has never beat UConn. Is that bad?

I may be wrong on @gule, but if you take a good look at Dawn, you may be surprised to find out she is no angel. I'm not a fan. One of the things I am looking forward to is KJH returning class to distaff coaching in the SEC.

Actually @gule in his fully unpredictable self is one of the 3 or 4 favorite posters on this forum

Reactions: brassie
Accusing me of all sorts of things I’ve never said or done. I did say Dawn has never beat UConn. Is that bad?
No That's not bad. That's good very very good. And if UConn continues their one game string of playing good basketball we may be able to keep it that way.

@gule is very unpredictable and I enjoy that. Also i appreciate the subtle wit of sarcasm. So perhaps, he gets on Dawn (again I am no fan) because he knows it gets to you.

Why do CT fans post on a Lady Vol board INSTEAD of a Connecticut board? What makes them prefer to be here instead of with other fans of the same program?

Do they find the Connecticut board to be so boring, so populated by such uninteresting dullards so utterly lacking in basketball knowledge that they have to come here in order to exchange intelligent ideas and opinions? Do they love orange and hate navy blue?

Have they been bullied and belittled over on the Boneyard? Are they now too insecure to post on the boneyard and feel better here because they know Tennessee fans are exponentially nicer people than CT fans are?

Are they subliminally suggesting to recruits that “everything Tennessee is better than anything Connecticut” by preferring to be here rather than with CT fans? Or are they here to give a constant, transparently subversive CT presence and ideological slant on a Tennessee board for the benefit of any recruits and their families who might cruise by here? :eek:

Inquiring minds need to know! o_O

Last edited:
Why do y'all consider Dawn so classless?
I don't think that is true at least of the majority. Some here may try to get a rise out of SC fans using whatever they think will make that happen. I personally think most on this site respect her as a coach I know I do she has done a great job at a school that was totally inept in womens basketball for the most part until she got there.

I’ve only seen a couple of posters say negative things about Dawn, but those were surprising to me. I’m a huge fan of Staley, going all the way to her time in Philly, where it became obvious that she had a keen eye for talent scouting and the ability to develop players.

Reactions: 1reVOLver

Who is “y’all” i love her especially being from VA myself. She has shown much respect for our program and Pat Summitt and even though she has the number 1 team with the number 1 recruiting class she has knows what TN has done for the game and is trying to reach and surpass the same heights that TN has set at her own school.

VN Store

Back