'21 TN WR Walker Merrill (Tennessee signee)

Walker definitely loves CJP and thinks UT is a very good place. Don't think he's said anything about a bad visit to Knoxville at all. He ckuld be a very intricate piece to the Wr core in the future. He has always held his own against furure pro in TJ Carter, Woody Washington, Adonis Otey, etc at NPA so level of competition and him passing the eye test.

If he's the type of player that can sit down at the line to gain and catch the football, then we could really use him.

“I didn’t really get to see campus the first time, so today was a great visit for sure,” Merrill said. “I got to learn a lot today by watching film with coach [Tee] Martin and how they worked with their players. The way they run routes and high-pointing the ball and all that. “And of course, the classic Wide Receiver U talk with all the great players who have come through here at that position.” The 6-foot-1, 175-pounder ended his visit with a conversation with head coach Jeremy Pruitt. “We went over some stuff that he liked about me and how he would use me in the slot,” the receiver said. “He also gave me a few things to work on. It was a good talk.”
“Coach Martin and I will text back-and-forth to keep in touch pretty frequently. Just about every week,” Merrill said. “I learned a lot watching film with them today. They preached about how the position is really an art and I took a lot of things away from that.” “Tennessee is definitely up there on my list,” Merrill said. It’s been great. I love the area.” “I haven’t narrowed down my list right now. Hopefully I’ll do that before senior year, but I’m not sure when a decision will be. It might be during the fall.” When asked about Tennessee and his thoughts on how the team concluded the 2019 season, the in-state product said it has left an impression. “Obviously, you don’t want to go to a program that is going downhill,” Merrill said. “The way they reeled off all those wins in-a-row, this program is on the rise for sure.”
-VQ

Saw him a couple times last season. Makes big plays against really good competition. Don't let the "outside" fool ya. He's not just a possession receiver. Kid has speed (4.5) and is very athletic. Definite want in my book.

edit: forgot that he has a really good QB as well. Cade Granzow

Last edited:

VN Store

Back