Wasn’t it great to see our coach giving refs hell?!

lvocd

When Kellie was ripping that one ref a new one in (I think) the second quarter, I was relieved. She was soooo ticked off and visibly seething that, for a moment, I thought she might actually get tee’d up. Good stuff. It’s good to see her fighting for her team.

Now, she always jaws with the officials, but she was super fired up tonight.

She lit into Kam too. Good to see her get after it.

I’m glad someone else saw that! Kam tried to pull away like ok I hear you and Kellie just kept lighting into her. Last game against SC she lit into Jordan after a turnover and I was like uhh oh I think we may be seeing the Kellie the players talk about when she isn’t happy and I think we are seeing more of her. Even her answers in the pressers are like smiley but they are getting just more candid and to the point.

I'm sure several players got off the game plan as first quarter only three turnovers then we get careless with the ball 8 turnovers in the second quarter and a two point lead became an 8 point deficit. Third quarter even after it was surely brought up at halftime a large amount of turnovers in the third quarter. 22 turnovers while they commit only 9 story of another game and the same movie we've seen many times this season.

Reactions: RollerVol
She needs to start being hard on them. Sit there butts on the bench when they turning ball over, lazy passes and everything else.
Standing there with their hands down on defense and zero sense of urgency. Some of them look like they are just out for a leisurely morning stroll.

When Kellie was ripping that one ref a new one in (I think) the second quarter, I was relieved. She was soooo ticked off and visibly seething that, for a moment, I thought she might actually get tee’d up. Good stuff. It’s good to see her fighting for her team.

Now, she always jaws with the officials, but she was super fired up tonight.
Yes!!! She only has one tech this year...Stanford game I think. Let's hope she let's the refs know this is TBA and we arent putting up with your horrible calls/no calls... Personally i would have been ejected after Key took the threat shot!!!

Yes!!! She only has one tech this year...Stanford game I think. Let's hope she let's the refs know this is TBA and we arent putting up with your horrible calls/no calls... Personally i would have been ejected after Key took the threat shot!!!
Throat

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Standing there with their hands down on defense and zero sense of urgency. Some of them look like they are just out for a leisurely morning stroll.
When there are some that know that there are no repercussions for bad behavior this is what you get. Yes she can yell but eventually they become numb to that. Nothing gets a point across more than “Pine Time”

When there are some that know that there are no repercussions for bad behavior this is what you get. Yes she can yell but eventually they become numb to that. Nothing gets a point across more than “Pine Time”
Very true but we have to put a team on the floor. Everybody can't ride the pine.

This team lacks TOUGHNESS in the WORST way. I don't know what KH can do about that besides recruit mentally tougher players.
This team doesn't "look" well coached. The players just are NOT responding to KH as they should. She may need to ask some players to look elsewhere at the end of the season. Horston is the worst offender with the TO's, IMO. Massengill needs to handle the rock 98% of the time. Horston needs to play down low. She's NOT quick enough to create off the drive. Some of her passes are great, but are way beyond what the rest of the team can handle.

This team lacks TOUGHNESS in the WORST way. I don't know what KH can do about that besides recruit mentally tougher players.
This team doesn't "look" well coached. The players just are NOT responding to KH as they should. She may need to ask some players to look elsewhere at the end of the season. Horston is the worst offender with the TO's, IMO. Massengill needs to handle the rock 98% of the time. Horston needs to play down low. She's NOT quick enough to create off the drive. Some of her passes are great, but are way beyond what the rest of the team can handle.
As much as it pains me, I have to agree with your analysis.
We aren't tough and we don't get 50/50 loose balls. I also agree that the problems could be outside of the coach"s ability to change (at least in the short term). It just might take a turnover in player personnel to get the team playing with intensity, toughness and a sense of urgency. That would also mean another 2-3 years before the style of play changes.

missed Rennia terribly...yep, loved the way coach was finally getting on some butt...second quarter on-court huddles got a little testy also...well, we'll see whether Coach Kellie finally gets the full attention of the team or loses them altogether...should be good drama...:D

GO LADY VOLS!

Horston is one of the quickest players on team. She tries to do too much sometimes. But she is a guard and will be a good one.

Horston is one of the quickest players on team. She tries to do too much sometimes. But she is a guard and will be a good one.
Can anyone explain what the heck Tennessee tries to do offensively ? The approach is the most stagnant I have seen. There is no motion, no downscreens, no backscreens, no cutters, nothing. Wings cannot get open. Point guards have very loose handles.
Very difficult to watch.., but I watch, nonetheless. GBO.

Reactions: NoBackBoard

You are correct in that she seems to have quicks. BUT, her control, ball security and decision making aren't near a PG level. She MAY become a PG, but right now... she doesn't need to handle the ball much. Leave that to Massengill.

We could win against MSU or SC if we don't throw the ball to opposing players and make all our point blank shots.I know this is driving Kelly crazy!!

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Jmo but looked to me that Rae run out of gas early last night. Might she be feeling the affects of the flu too? 😞

VN Store

Back