Where Do We Go From Here?

It really interests me when I read several posts that all use the same logic as to why Boston is so far ahead of Key currently. The logic goes like this: Boston is so much more physically strong right now, but Key will catch up. OK, maybe she adds pounds and hits the weight room a bunch, and gets way stronger. Good for her and her game. That still does not even address the fact that Boston has a much more highly polished offensive skill set, passes the ball much better (5 times the assists), turns the ball over less and generally has shown a much higher basketball IQ to date. Last note, for all those saying Key will improve and get stronger, better etc., do you think the freshman version of Boston is going to remain static? What are the chances Boston's growth outpaces Key's? From an eyeball perspective I would venture to say Boston has more upside, maybe even player of the year type upside. Key will never sniff that rarified atmosphere and most can see that already.

What Key is lacking right now will come after the the season. But as the season moves on she will learn and get better as long as she is on the floor. As far as upside i disagree Key at 6-7 has already demonstrated she owns the middle on the defensive end of the floor i don`t care if it` Boston or Cox you are not gonna just move her out the way and shoot over her not gonna happen even Dawn Staley said the same thing. Yes right now Boston is ahead in the offensive skills department and has more physical strength. Just remember she will have the summer to work out with some of the former TN post players.

I really like Tamari Key.
And, Rooster, your Miss Boston is a real player. I did not mean to slight her.
And, I certainly did not intend to cause such a fuss. I voiced my opinion. That's all it was - an opinion. When challenged, I explained why. You fired back some VERY IMPRESSIVE facts and figures. Your player is good.

Yet, I still have a preference for Our Tamari. And, I don't see that changing anytime soon.
Perhaps it's just because I think she's so beautiful. Or, because I see her just beginning to reach her potential ...which I think, is very high.

Last edited:
Fair enough K, but given what you know today, are you saying you would not trade the players straight up?

Totally wrong about the offensive skills and all the other your stating is total BS. We can't prove it to you now but you'll get to see it soon enough. I realize South Carolina needs something to be proud about since you suck at almost everything else in college sports and your entitled to your opinion, but if you think your gonna get many takers to your thinking better stay on the Chicken site not going to happen here. I've seen a lot better college post than Boston over the years. You make her out to be the greatest ever and nothing could be farther from the truth. Boston could go two ways get a lot fatter and more out of shape or stay about where she is now. She didn't do much in that game Sunday except get the ball batted back in her face a few times. Then went to the bench evidently with leg cramps or something. 10 points and 5 rebounds is not a superstar no matter how you try to push that theory.

So Boston has two possible futures based on your statement, get worse or stay the same. She will be in contention for national freshman of the year this year, but she has no growth in her game left at all.....ok. Meanwhile, Key will continue to get better every year and probably pass one of the best freshman players in WBB. Got it, thx.

I get the need for personnel experimentation. But "eventually" makes me nervous because time is growing short. Even if we're saving it for the NCAA, it would be nice to go ahead and put a solid, complete game or two under our belt with a stable lineup, starting tomorrow night. Maybe get a little position for the SEC tourney, just a month away.

Do we have to stop picking the team apart? Then what do we talk about? How about we pick the team apart and still realize its going to take time to get the bus out of the ditch?

There is not a problem picking a team apart as long as you realize it is a work in progress. I have been In coaching situations where I had good athletes but I had to use several combinations to make it work. It looks easy looking at the situation.however, it is not that easy. Sometimes what you try starts to take shape immediately, while other times it might take an entire season. You just never know.

So Boston has two possible futures based on your statement, get worse or stay the same. She will be in contention for national freshman of the year this year, but she has no growth in her game left at all.....ok. Meanwhile, Key will continue to get better every year and probably pass one of the best freshman players in WBB. Got it, thx.
We know Boston is the second coming of Karem Abdul Jabbar except she is a woman I bet she could beat him one on one. I bet if she transferred to Tennessee she would suddenly suck. To add I was not that impressed she seemed to be a lot KK except far better. A big bulky player that score by pushing other players out of the way. At least unlike KK she can get more than one inch off the floor.

Never said any of that about Boston, you deflected there. I responded to multiple threads which stated Key was the better player and had the better future. Its easy to deflect when the argument you want to make is not there, happens all the time in politics.

Never said any of that about Boston, you deflected there. I responded to multiple threads which stated Key was the better player and had the better future. Its easy to deflect when the argument you want to make is not there, happens all the time in politics.
It does but preaching to the choir does not make yours or my statement true the only way we find out is for it to play out. I never said she was the better player in my responses and she isn't at this point just said she has the potential and the body style to get there. I mean she is fairly tall to develop guard dribbling and shooting skills but if her sister can do it even though a few couple inches shorter she could to. It may not happen but don't count your chickens before they are hatched . Right now you have a lead in some statistical categories it tightens up a lot per forty minutes played instead of just a total game conclusion. Key had played very limited minutes in the games coming into SC. We were pleased that she stood up to the power game of Boston as well as she did. You didn't win the game because of Boston it was the seniors and the shooting of Cooke plus the many forced as well as unforced turnovers we offered. Her line was 10 and 5 If Key can't play she should've doubled that. She was having to work very hard against Key to score it is only going to get harder not easier in the coming years. So I will concede she is the better player now considering the power and strength she has developed evidently in high school. Her game is to post and overpower the defending post she is not a three point shooter or even a range shooter, but she can power you inside.

Reactions: krichunaka
Jessie Rennie will be every bit as good if not better than Sabrina Ionescu. She was overlooked and underrated being an international player but after an offseason of conditioning and further acclimating to the American game she will probably replace Carter as the league's best guard next season. You'll see...

Jessie Rennie will be every bit as good if not better than Sabrina Ionescu. She was overlooked and underrated being an international player but after an offseason of conditioning and further acclimating to the American game she will probably replace Carter as the league's best guard next season. You'll see...

Are you serious?

Reactions: WVU05UT09
FYI, one freshman post player had 18 points, 15 rebounds, and 7 blocks tonight. Another freshman post player had 4 points, ZERO rebounds, and 2 blocks. But by all means, continue the "debate"... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rooster1
FYI, one freshman post player had 18 points, 15 rebounds, and 7 blocks tonight. Another freshman post player had 4 points, ZERO rebounds, and 2 blocks. But by all means, continue the "debate"... :rolleyes:
I am curious. Where did Boston and Key rank in their HS class?

Horston has lost a lot her her early season luster lately, and no doubt when she is off her game she is REALLY bad. Still, when she is on her game she has proven she can carry the team at a level Key can't at this point...

Horston had one turnover in Q1 and no more until after 17-4 run in Q2
Might have something to do with it
She had 3 more during the Q3 fight to regain the lost ground
You can't expect a Freshman to remain composed when no one else is.

Reactions: gule
I am curious. Where did Boston and Key rank in their HS class?

Boston was ranked #3 and Key was #47.

Boston has been on the scene for awhile as a member of Team USA U16 and U17 teams. She was the MVP of the Gold medal winning U17 team.

The next 3 games will tell where we are ?
Games at LSU , TA&M , and at Ark. We are 7-3 and at fourth place in the SEC!

LSU has to play us and USC , and Ark ... these could be loses ? LSU is 5th now with maybe 2-3 more loses ?

Ky is in 3rd with 3 loses but have to play Miss. St. USC , and Ark . Which could be 3 more loses?

LSU is 6-3 and has to play us and USC and Ga ( without Mitchell) we need to beat them twice to make sure we have tie breaker over them !!!

TA&M are 6-3 but have to play Miss.St., USC, is and Ga. as possible loses?

Ark. Is 6-4 but has to play Ky. UT, and Miss. St as possible loses !

Bottom line .... if we beat LSU , TA&M, and Ark. We should finish third in the SEC and in bracket with Miss. St. ? Just Win out and we will be in good shape ! JMO

Reactions: krichunaka
What are you basing that on? I give you that she might be lights out next year, however, I see nothing that promotes your ideology. She has problems guarding fast quick guards. There was one game where she made a couple of three’s. I have not seen anything spectacular. I just hope you are right.

I think she, like some of our other players, are pressing too much. I believe that many of our players fell that it is all on them to bring the Lady Vols back to the glory days. They are wreckless at times and make unneeded mistakes. They try to do impossible things which does not make sense.

VN Store

Back