Game Thread: #23/25 LADY VOLS VS. #8/8 MISSISSIPPI STATE

Bench outscored 23-6. Depth a huge problem, as often stated, just not enough SEC level subs. Rae and Horston account for over half our 23 t.o.s with 6 each. The fact that Horston's seem to come in bunches is especially harmful.

Rebounds even, shooting percentage even, fouls and free throws even. T.Os and lack of subs, along with stretches of absent offense. Same probs for sure, but I agree with KJH when she said basically they are so close to being good, but the small way they have to go is by far the toughest part of the journey. Especially with a depleted lineup.

Go back and watch the times she has played? She doesn’t stand there flat footed on the floor with her arms down on defense. She’s a blocker & a rebounder. She doesn’t stand on the floor and watch the game happen around her.
So why is she not getting more playing time? Is it Kellie or who?

Reactions: tn4everlvfl
I`m glad you are bring this up. I said awhile back they needed to bring a coach in to work with the post players. John is not a low post player coach really he not.
This is not an inditement on Jon as a coach. It was a statement about the lack of bench at the post position.

No excuse just fact......besides no one owes you an explanation...if you cant see the mess Kellie inherited that's on you...

Oh trust me, I know she inherited a disaster. I have been very positive all season but I’m frustrated tonight. I probably shouldn’t post when I’m this upset. The turnovers are killing me though.

In a game like this that we were obviously going to lose after the second quarter I would have preferred if she sat everyone who had two turnovers in the first half and made them watch. Let the reserves go at it, but somehow the better players have to get the message.

If we continue to have 20+ turnovers a game we are going to start losing even the games we should win. Coach Harper didn’t inherit those turnovers from Holly. Those are on her.

It took years to get us down to where we were at the end of last year. Those of you who thought at the start of the season, losing EW and esp after ZG goes out, that their record would be 17-6 now, think back.

Yes, JH is struggling, Key seems to have mid season conditioning issues, but Davis has grown in play and leadership, Jaz too, RB three.
Lost to top 10ers SC, Stanford, UConn, MSU plus UK and TX. Win the remaining ones we should, two in the SEC tourney, make the NCAA and I'll feel a lot better than I did last year...

Well negative nanny, all Kellie has is Jessie and she cant create..

So you blame Kellie???smh...
When the team keeps making the same mistake every game and poor D yeah I put it on the coaches. What year are we allowed to question the coaches?

Reactions: pasadenavol
Ok I know those teams may not have the “ranked number” in front of them when we play them however LSU’s RPI is 21 ( even with their leader out a win on the road would go a long ways Ms St win against us on the road will look good on their resume) that would be a top 25 RPI win and Arkansas is 40. Those would benefit TNs resume. The commentators talked about top 50 RPI wins and their importance. So besides A&M you have two more “quality” opponents in the committees eyes with RPI. Also the tournament provides opportunities to get a couple wins.

I still think the team gets “that” marquee win this year (I really hope at least)

I hope so too, but we’re running out of chances. And if we turn it over 20 times against LSU and Arkansas we likely aren’t winning those games either. Has to change now.

Maybe KJH is the one that isn’t SEC coaching material?

I guess we will find out in 3-4 years as she will at least be here that long I don’t think TN gets rid of her before then she will have ample time to prove herself and go out and get who she wants or needs. I think Kellie will have the resources at TN to go get someone to help with the offense. Her plays at Missouri State just outworked you and that made their shots easier. These ladies have to have that instilled in them.

Funny thing Tamika Catching just said “that extra drive has to be instilled in players”. The commentator said not you she said “oh I got chewed out quite a bit” that’s hard to believe with Catch.

Horston is struggling but WHEN (and it will happen) breaks out she is going to be a terror.

I hope so too, but we’re running out of chances. And if we turn it over 20 times against LSU and Arkansas we likely aren’t winning those games either. Has to change now.

😁 I just wanted you to know that there were more top 50 (and even a two top 25 RPI match ups) on the horizon. With ALL the crap I still think this team is a slight step ahead of last years with what seemed to be more talent and experience.

Reactions: Lucy and VolBall09

VN Store

Back