Boeing

Pepe

I just don't see how Boeing is going to be able to swallow the hundreds of airplanes that the public will refuse to ride in with the 737 Max fiasco

I just don't see how Boeing is going to be able to swallow the hundreds of airplanes that the public will refuse to ride in with the 737 Max fiasco

Do people pay attention to what kind of plane they are boarding? Or do they schedule more on flight times and fewer connections?

I think it will be more about airlines refusing to buy them.

But... Boeing has enough government contracts to keep them afloat in the long run.

Do people pay attention to what kind of plane they are boarding? Or do they schedule more on flight times and fewer connections?

I think it will be more about airlines refusing to buy them.

But... Boeing has enough government contracts to keep them afloat in the long run.
One quick way to answer that question is how Southwest airlines response to the situation. They have pretty much bought the 737 Max exclusively for the last several years. What Boeing did sell more of those airplanes overseas than domestically

Not so sure folks won't become more picky. We fly a lot of long flights so the plane and configuration are important.

I bet 9 out of 10 flyers couldn't identify the plane they were boarding/flying on

I fly regularly for work and I could never tell you what kind of plane I'm on. Honestly it's insignificant to me.

Maybe they’ll take the same path as the DC-10 and find their way into hauling cargo. Probably a little too small to replace a 757 though.

I always notice the aircraft type, because I see it when I’m doing seat selection.

I have to say that even if they come back into service, I’ll want to see a year or two of safe operations, even if they redesign the controls and reinstate the proper recovery system.

As long as bean-counters at Boeing and others are allowed to override the engineers for the sake of increasing company profits, these tragedies are a very real risk.

Reactions: give_him 6
The final 747 has rolled off the Boeing production line
FjWpjfCaEAAjueD

I only recently read that the bulge on top was a leftover from a military proposal they had (the one that the Lockheed C5A won). All the proposed planes had the pilot upstairs over the cargo. So the shape is designed for that.

Most of the population has no clue nor has no desire to know what type of commercial plane they are flying on.
That’s why i always take the Zeppelin. BTW, a clear sign that your German phrase book might be out of date is if it includes the following question…..
„Wie viel für zwei Luftschifftickets?“
(How much for two airship tickets)

Boeing for me lost a lot of its prestige over the whole Starliner spacecraft fiasco (along with the SLS delays)

my only 747 flight was a Pan Am flight to Miami when I was a kid - back in the day when they gave you wings, and all the Sprite I could drink

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back