'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

He really just looked like a fish out of water on most days. When JG was at his best (AUB last year, MISSST this year), he looked like he wasn't thinking about his mechanics or reads; he was just reacting. I think he had a tendency to get inside his own head and that's when it things fall apart. My hope is that not having a new playbook thrown at him during the spring will help him rely on his instincts and muscle memory and not have to overthink so many decisions / reads each play. We will need two or three QBs to win games again this coming year; hoping he'll have stepped up.
That is also when Claussen shined. When he was running a designed offense, he sucked. He was great twwo minute offense situation where he just threw to a pre-determined receiver, but he couldn't go through progressions for anything.

I was more being an arse than anything. I know it was his timing. Also, I agree with route running. I’m sure it’ll be better this year. It got better near the end of last year. I expect T to shore that area up.
I think that kind of timing is not a thing that could be taught. That's why some people can shoot skeet some can't.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
I think we will have growing pains, Palmer only experience coming back and I see some type of QB issues early with the staff not wanting to commit to Bailey day one and then struggling through the transition period of JG/Maurer/Bailey. Hope I'm wrong.
My concerns also...I think we will still have too much inexperienced youth on the field in too many spots to get really good to great consistent results...I also hope I am wrong.

I think we will have growing pains, Palmer only experience coming back and I see some type of QB issues early with the staff not wanting to commit to Bailey day one and then struggling through the transition period of JG/Maurer/Bailey. Hope I'm wrong.
Forget about Ramel Keyton? Didn’t play a lot last year because of Calloway and Jennings. But has the highest upside of any of them.

Reactions: SweetasSoda

VN Store

Back