Regardless of where the star-gazers rank us.........

You have to count the transfers too. Really good class when you factor in this and we get Gibbs off the redshirt as well. GBO

You have to count the transfers too. Really good class when you factor in this and we get Gibbs off the redshirt as well. GBO
Gibbs wasn't counted as part of this class, he was counted in last year's....now if you're talking about when he can acutally play, i get what you're saying.

but even then, for this year's class, you do count Jones and Mays and that's another 5* and 4* that isn't in the ratings for the class they count in, that currently ranks in the top ten on both sites.

factor those two in, and this year's cycle is right at top 6.

we got better this cycle for sure......

If we don't add any new commits, but count Mayes and Velus Jones in this class where does that bump it to (hypothetically)

I don't know where it'd bump the class to, but if Cade Mays can play this year that makes him a 6 star get. Seriously. He can literally play any position on the line at an all SEC level.

Very pleasantly surprised. If we consistently recruit top 10, we have a chance to compete. That's all I ask with recruiting. The East should perennially be a 3-way race between TN, GA, and FL with us winning it every 3-4 years.
Kinda Like Bama, War Eagle, and LSU

I don't know where it'd bump the class to, but if Cade Mays can play this year that makes him a 6 star get. Seriously. He can literally play any position on the line at an all SEC level.

With Morris out for spring ball, we really need Mayes eligible.

this is an outstanding class. Filled every need. Got some much needed speed at DB and WR, a potentially great QB with another QB change-up, both lines of scrimmage with big, talented kids, linebackers galore, and 3 running backs. Maybe our 10 year hiatus in football purgatory is finally ending. We may lose 3-4 games next year, maybe not. The things is, there's no more "automatic losses." It's been 4-5 years since we have been able to say that. We can beat anybody on our schedule next year.
How do you like something more then once? Create more accounts?

No Brick by Brick... Just Class by Class!
This was a very fine 2020 Class of New Vols. I would offer that this has to be one of the Top Receiver Classes In The Nation. Plus a Legit Top 10 Class.

Reactions: BigDave
this is an outstanding class. Filled every need. Got some much needed speed at DB and WR, a potentially great QB with another QB change-up, both lines of scrimmage with big, talented kids, linebackers galore, and 3 running backs. Maybe our 10 year hiatus in football purgatory is finally ending. We may lose 3-4 games next year, maybe not. The things is, there's no more "automatic losses." It's been 4-5 years since we have been able to say that. We can beat anybody on our schedule next year.
Uh Georgia, Florida and Bama are still automatic losses I'd also throw Oklahoma into that as well let's not run before we are finished with crawling yet. K

Uh Georgia, Florida and Bama are still automatic losses I'd also throw Oklahoma into that as well let's not run before we are finished with crawling yet. K
Did you miss the Bama game? One or two people were discussing the officiating after that game. Long story short: there are games that are fixed, there are games where the corruption is blatant, and then there was that game. A mystery penalty was called, or almost called, one down when we lined up first-and-goal in a formation that Ol' Nicky didn't recognize such that he had his paid-for crew blow the play dead - but then, somehow, no penalty was called. A Bama linebacker got away with a helmet-to-helmet hit on our quarterback that up to that point was lighting them up, and the hit was late to boot...no call. There were several more; perhaps you can find an informed fan to point them out for you.

So no, none of those teams are, "automatic losses."

Outstanding football players. Really optimistic with these fellows. Looking at film and comparing this class with the highly rated Butch Jones classes...these guys are far more talented and have better size with greater build. They just look like the players that Alabama has historically signed.

Reactions: Kingofkodak

Great point. To add to what you stated I like what our defense is becoming. I personally, get as frustrated as most people at the bad losses and the slow turn around but, when you take a step back and look how dang far we have come you have to be nothing but pleased. In Lyle's " best " year he benefited highly from a pro QB that made an inept offensive attack WAY better than it actually was. After Dobbs left all of the lipstick came off the pig and we knew that is exactly what we had. A nasty pig.

I firmly, firmly believe it would not have mattered who we hired when we go Pruitt it was going to be a process to righting the ship. I will stand behind and support my vols, my coaches, and my beloved university! This top 10 class is going to have several players in it that play pro ball one day. Book it. WAY to much raw talent. We now have football coaches that understand what it takes to compete at the highest level, and coaches that know to develop that raw talent. Not just coaches that can sell cute little sayings.

Also, I think that several ( several = 2 - 4 ) of the coaches that are currently working on this staff will be head coaches at the D1 level within the next 10 years. I wish they could all stay but if our coordinators are leaving to become head coaches that means they were extremely successful being a coordinator. It sucks but it is what it is. All coaches are doing what is best for them and their families at the end of the day regardless if they love working for the original big orange.

Lastly, your point about marking " automatic losses " is a great one. We all know that we are not going to be favored to win several games this coming season but, we all also, know that we can play with the big boys now. We proved it the way we stood toe to toe with the bammers. I wish we would have found our identity earlier in the year and would have been able to put up a fight against UF or UGA but that is the past. We are on one hell of a roll at the moment, the vibe feels right, the talent is there, and I can not freaking wait to kick some a$$ this coming football season!

GBO!!!

VN Store

Back