Undisciplined team

SmokeyLives

Every dog has his day!
My faith in CRB is diminishing. Let me have It. Call me uninformed. Tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about. This team is not buying in. They play uninspired. They don’t rebound, which is all effort and positioning. Ok, they lead the SEC in scoring D, that’s good. But players have regressed and it’s not because Turner is down. Hard to watch.

Reactions: Big time vol
My faith in CRB is diminishing. Let me have It. Call me uninformed. Tell me I don’t know what I’m talking about. This team is not buying in. They play uninspired. They don’t rebound, which is all effort and positioning. Ok, they lead the SEC in scoring D, that’s good. But players have regressed and it’s not because Turner is down. Hard to watch.
This team lacks talent and experience. Now, you can blame that on Barnes, and he certainly has a hand in the blame, but at this point, he can't make the team more talented or more experienced. The fix comes next year with an increase in both areas.

Those not giving proper effort this year won't sniff the floor next year when we (hopefully) don't need to play them out of necessity.

I'll also mention that as the losses continue to mount, this bunch, which already seems to lack confidence, is seeing what little they seem to have had, wane with each additional loss.

You're uninformed and don't know what you're talking about.

We flat out suck this year. Next year has to be our final four run/ SEC tourney win. One of those things need to happen next year.

Reactions: SmokeyLives
You'll probably wanna log out for a few days. This won't be pretty.

How many tough games did we win before Turner left versus after? I don’t know if you can say it’s not because he’s down. With a sophomore Turner, this team is probably NCAAT ready or at least really close

Also I feel like your rebounding opinion is almost only from A&M. We did pretty well today and vs Kansas. A&M was the only real rebounding stinker. I would argue that rebounding isn’t all effort and positioning or defense would get rebounds all the time. Our defense is too help based to be good at rebounding; our max right now is about average.

giphy.gif

You are uninformed and don’t know what you are talking about. And we did rebound, block shots, and hit free throws. I can say that because we did all that in the second half. Barns is an excellent coach and has a tough row because of all the talent lost from last years team and the injury our backcourt. We are playing a lot of Freshmen and other inexperienced players. Games like tonight’s will help confidence and just may get us back into the NCAAs. Go VOLs.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back