'20 FL WR Malachi Wideman (Tennessee signee)

Where do things stand today with Wideman? @Atlanta VOL Has Lane overcome some ob$tacle$ or have we $ecured the kid?

Sir, one simply does not besmirch the reputation of master Kiffin. If he got this kid, it's because he's the bestiest of the bestest of all the times.

Any portrayal to the contrary is simply from butthurt TN, Bama or USC fans, as a result of those schools screwing him over.

Yours truly ~ the Evans thread.

Sir, one simply does not besmirch the reputation of master Kiffin. If he got this kid, it's because he's the bestiest of the bestest of all the times.

Any portrayal to the contrary is simply from butthurt TN, Bama or USC fans, as a result of those schools screwing him over.

Yours truly ~ the Evans thread.

You forgot Raider fans and Al Davis.

AP just said that Weinke is Wideman’s primary recruiter.

giphy.gif

Y’all do this every year the day before signing day 🤦‍♂️😂

If you think the staff thought they were gonna miss on wideman, don’t you think we would’ve offered another receiver already? Smh
I’m not sure they know. They could simply save the spot for a transfer. Or just count Velus Jones in this class instead of borrowing from 2021. They may not be concerned about taking another one so that it’s Wideman or bust.

Being completely honest I’m totally cool with just landing Beckwith tomorrow. Kid is an athletic freak, and will be a huge get in the long run for us

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I’m not sure they know. They could simply save the spot for a transfer. Or just count Velus Jones in this class instead of borrowing from 2021. They may not be concerned about taking another one so that it’s Wideman or bust.
If they weren’t confident in landing Wideman they likely would’ve offered a got a commit from McConkey last week. They want another freshman receiver.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I think we have space for two more and count Jones toward 2020.

Evans or another transfer will be the deciding factor for Jones.

Idk if we are going to get Wideman. But the logic fits. We bring McConkey in for a visit, tell him we want him, but just may not have enough spots.

5 players for 2 spots.
Beckwith - Vol

1 Spot Left:
Evans - unlikely but can BS Jones if needed
Caldwell - USCjr

That leaves Wideman and McConkey for the final spot. If the staff didn’t feel at least somewhat confident I think they extend the offer to McConkey because he would have committed on the spot. At the bare minimum they tell McConkey, hey I think we will have a spot, sit tight for now.

Reactions: Winchester73

VN Store

Back