Caylan Arnold

Just saw that she is pre season All ACC. Guess that means Mission Accomplished. Good luck to her. Obviously, wasn't going to be #1 here.

I wish her the best, but I'd pump the brakes on saying "Mission Accomplished" until she actually throws. At this point of preseason last year, she was unhittable in practice. Then, the live bullets started flying.

True, Deer Park. But if her reason was because she wanted to be #1, then she needed to look elsewhere. If she is preseason All ACC, then she is getting that chance. Her inconsistency may may prevent her from staying there. I don't know what else FSU has or if there is anyone to challenge her.

I wish her the best, but I'd pump the brakes on saying "Mission Accomplished" until she actually throws. At this point of preseason last year, she was unhittable in practice. Then, the live bullets started flying.

You still breathing DP???
Ain't seen a post from you in a while.

Hope you're doing well

Reactions: RollerVol and Remy
I don't think anyone was at fault here. If you want to be number one you must pitch like number one she got numerous chances last year and failed so Rogers took the lead. I figure she is in the same situation at Florida State if she pitches well she will be their lead pitcher or someone else will beat her out. The point being she would've got all the pitching she wanted here if she had been successful to the point she needed to be. Good luck to her.

I don't think anyone was at fault here. If you want to be number one you must pitch like number one she got numerous chances last year and failed so Rogers took the lead. I figure she is in the same situation at Florida State if she pitches well she will be their lead pitcher or someone else will beat her out. The point being she would've got all the pitching she wanted here if she had been successful to the point she needed to be. Good luck to her.

I think it was ultimately best for everyone.

personally, I think Arnold made a big mistake, but if she really felt she needed to do that, then I am glad she went ahead and did it rather than staying where she didn't want to be --- she will not be unchallenged for the #1 spot at FSU, I do know that

Reactions: Volfan2012
hmmm, Deer Park --- y'all wouldn't happen to be an Erin Edmoundson fan would you? I became one during the NCAA tournament last year!

High quality SEC hitters faced her countless times during her career. ACC hitters wont be able to hit her nearly as well, in softball, many times it comes down to how many times pitchers have been seen by an opponent. That's not all there is to it, but she'll see success there.

High quality SEC hitters faced her countless times during her career. ACC hitters wont be able to hit her nearly as well, in softball, many times it comes down to how many times pitchers have been seen by an opponent. That's not all there is to it, but she'll see success there.

Sure, but her struggles started in the second weekend of the season against teams that hadn't seen her before, so I'm not sure the change of scenery is going to be all there is to it. She was perhaps at her best against Texas A&M and Florida, the two teams she has faced the most over her career.

Sure, but her struggles started in the second weekend of the season against teams that hadn't seen her before, so I'm not sure the change of scenery is going to be all there is to it. She was perhaps at her best against Texas A&M and Florida, the two teams she has faced the most over her career.
Can't disagree with you. I wish her the best

UT will miss her this year! Sooner rather than later. FSU has a great head coach who knows how to handle the pitchers. Arnold landed in an ideal spot for her. Better chance to go to the WCWS her senior year!

UT will miss her this year! Sooner rather than later. FSU has a great head coach who knows how to handle the pitchers. Arnold landed in an ideal spot for her. Better chance to go to the WCWS her senior year!

I agree completely. She wanted to actually enjoy her senior season. She may, or may not, be the #1 at FSU, but that wasn't the driving factor to her leaving.

Reactions: MadWorld

This whole statement more than anything, IMO.

What was the driving factor? I mean I wish her well but yes I am a little bitter that she left the program when they really needed her the most. It would have been great to have some senior leadership for the freshman and the transfer in the circle. If the rumors are true that she was mad that Rogers came in and took the spotlight, well that is just being a brat. Moss didn’t act that way when Arnold came in her Freshman year and took the spotlight. I really hope Turner can come in and be great like Rogers last year. It would be awesome to have a 1-2 like we had with the Renfro sisters.

I agree completely. She wanted to actually enjoy her senior season. She may, or may not, be the #1 at FSU, but that wasn't the driving factor to her leaving.
So, now back to my original question. Why did she leave? I literally have no idea. Some say because she wanted to be the #1 pitcher. You say that's not it. Would you mind sharing the reason?

VN Store

Back