Year 5 expectations

BigOrangeAl 1979

By the end of Pruitt’s 5th season at UT would you expect him to have a win against Georgia , Florida and Bama by then? And would it be considered disappointing if he still hasn’t won the East in 5 seasons?

By the end of Pruitt’s 5th season at UT would you expect him to have a win against Georgia , Florida and Bama by then? And would it be considered disappointing if he still hasn’t won the East in 5 seasons?

Disappointed if he can't win the east in 5 seasons? No, disgusted would be a better description.

If he hasn't won the east by the end of year 5 he isn't going to.

At least two of the three wins.
Winning the east and getting to the SECC game by year five should be a main goal.
Anything less than that would need to be a 10 win season with a realistic shot at the East in year six.

It's entirely possible Pruitt could have done a great job through 5 years and we still wouldn't have won the East. Just because we haven't won the East I wouldn't consider that a failure. UGA is currently # 1 in recruiting on the composite, which if that held up would give them recruiting classes for 2020 of #3 (SR class); #1 (JR CLASS); #2 (SO CLASS); and #1 (FR CLASS). That's ridiculous and they haven't ever stacked classes like that before, at least not in modern times since recruiting became the industry it is. We took a necessary step this year of beating the traditional also rans. Let's do it again in 2020, maybe knock off someone we aren't supposed to, that's progress.

It's entirely possible Pruitt could have done a great job through 5 years and we still wouldn't have won the East. Just because we haven't won the East I wouldn't consider that a failure. UGA is currently # 1 in recruiting on the composite, which if that held up would give them recruiting classes for 2020 of #3 (SR class); #1 (JR CLASS); #2 (SO CLASS); and #1 (FR CLASS). That's ridiculous and they haven't ever stacked classes like that before, at least not in modern times since recruiting became the industry it is. We took a necessary step this year of beating the traditional also rans. Let's do it again in 2020, maybe knock off someone we aren't supposed to, that's progress.
I agree it’s going to be very hard to overtake Georgia at the moment. Pruitt could go 10-2 in 2021 and 2022 and it still might not be enough to win the East

Reactions: chrismc1000
Don't start worrying, this is CJP's third year, he won't need 5 or 10, he'll get it done this upcoming season, 2020-I'm smelling a NATY!

Reactions: VOLsome
So why not just project it out with him being a disappointment if he doesn't win a NC in under 10?

I’m disappointed every year we don’t win the east. Every loss pisses me off.
Why would you work yourself into such a state over a football game? I love the VOLS as much now as I did when I was in school, but I do not let the wins and losses of a sport affect my life to that extent. It can't be healthy.

The goal should always be to win the East and have a chance for the SEC title ... that being said, you can have a pretty darn good football team in the SEC and finish 8-4 or worse especially if you schedule some top shelf out of conference opponents. Given where we were when CJP and staff got here ( 0-8 in the SEC ) I think he gets until year 5 or 6 to win the conference title as long as we are progressing and starting to beat our rivals in the East. It can and may be done in year 4, but I see year 5 as being our championship level time.

If we haven't won the East by year 5 and the outright SEC title by year 6 it will be a bad sign, not complete failure but certainly not good either. JMO

Why would you work yourself into such a state over a football game? I love the VOLS as much now as I did when I was in school, but I do not let the wins and losses of a sport affect my life to that extent. It can't be healthy.
I’ve come to realize the more distraught fans have less knowledge of what’s really going on. If you are mad that we aren’t winning the east what program do you think you are watching? It’s honestly comical

Yes and yes... assuming he could not beat them and make it to year 5.

I don’t really expect a undefeated season every year but every Saturday I expect to win that day.

If he did not have to play Alabama every year, I would expevt him to in 10-11 games 75% of the years past the 5th year. Thatr should be accetable with Florida and Georgia on the schedule. We should split with both of them over every 4-6 years after his first 5 years.

This fan base would go nuts if Pruitt gets us to 10-2 this season or the next even if we don’t win the East.
I know i sure would. I could definitely justify talking cash ish to all uga fans. Considering i now live in GA there are a ton of them to clown. Im just sitting back waiting patiently on my opportunity, reminiscing the days that uga fans had to stfu bc we beat them every year. GBFO🍊🍊🍊

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
Disappointed if he can't win the east in 5 seasons? No, disgusted would be a better description.

If he hasn't won the east by the end of year 5 he isn't going to.
How long did it take Fulmer to win the East?

VN Store

Back