Can we still make the tourney?

LivinginthePast

Robert Neyland Won more Nattys than rewarded. Why?
Looking back at Bruce 2010 team and the 2013 team. The only reason I bring it up is that I still have a tiny amount of faith. I think we have four games left bs Kentucky/auburn.

Reactions: jarnol32
Young guns need Schofield and Grants conditioning program for at least a year. If we do make a tournament it will probably be the NIT.

The way things have been going lately, the NIT is calling our name.
Might be a struggle to even get there though.

Tennessee is like 2-4 in road games. They still have to play: Alabama, SC, Auburn, Arkansas and Kentucky.....on the road. Then also play Kentucky, Arkansas, Vandy, Florida and Auburn at home.

If they could win 2 of the road games, they would still have to (at least) win 4 of those 5 home games (and some in the tournament).....right now that seems further than “doubtful.”

If they could somehow win 3 of the road games, they would still need to win at least 3 of the 5 home games......right now that seems highly doubtful.

Right now Tennessee isn’t the same team that started the year......a motivated and un-injured Turner led this team at the start, and only one freshman started. Now a totally new person (and freshman) is in there, more freshman are having to play key roles......and this team is just not the same.

Also the teams Tennessee will be facing are much different than the teams Tennessee faced earlier in the season.

Unless things change (from how they have been plying lately) this team will not be invited to the NIT.

Not saying they can’t, just not how they have been. Anything “can” happen.....and I certainly wish and hope Tennessee can win maybe 6 or 8 more games......but the probability is very low......and getting lower with each game lately.

Again, I’m hopeful, love the Vols and love Coach Barnes.

Looking back at Bruce 2010 team and the 2013 team. The only reason I bring it up is that I still have a tiny amount of faith. I think we have four games left bs Kentucky/auburn.
Only if we play every game like Kansas game. Not in the cards this year.

The Vols would almost certainly make the tournament if they only lose two more SEC games. The feasibility of doing so with home/homes against Auburn, Kentucky and Arkansas, of course, is another question entirely. If Tennessee loses to Alabama tomorrow, it's essentially a foregone conclusion that they'd have to take home the title in Nashville in order to make the NCAA Tournament.

With the games they have left, the NIT is the best they can hope for and that is not a certainty. They are just too offensively challenged to beat the better teams.

Reactions: GlennTenn
hard to argue with the above comments...it's been a struggle, so far, and it may continue...HELL YEAH, THERE'S A CHANCE....:D

GO VOLS!

I'd say only if they win the SEC Tourney and get the automatic bid.. it's been a rough one. Losing 4/5 starters for the season was detrimental to the program, but the guys coming in next year will bring it back! Not losing sleep over this year at all.

Outside of the SECT, will certainly require us to win at least a couple on the road. USC and this weeks Bama game are probably our best opportunities

I don't even want to see this team in the tournament, we are terri-bad. Pack it up for next year and get better in the offseason.

I don't even want to see this team in the tournament, we are terri-bad. Pack it up for next year and get better in the offseason.

Ridiculous comment. You don't have to watch. We will make the NIT. Every game played is critical for these young Vols. They need the NIT.

Who was it last year who said they didn’t want to see us in the Final 4 because we’d get killed?

Tn matches up much better to Alabama because they our a perimeter team that shoots 30 plus 3 and drives to basket. Their big loves to stay outside and shoot. When he is in the game which he starts Uros want be as we will go small. So you hope that Alabama shoots only 30% from outside and we let Faulk attack the rim. Their point guard however is a bad matchup for Vescovi. He has NBA starting skill .

VN Store

Back