2021 Lady Vol Recruiting Thread

You beat me to this 😂 there are some really interesting names on there which aren’t on previous posts especially at the pg spot.

I was looking at the offers after Kellie and crew got here and some good names popped up so that was impressive homework on their parts to jump right in and get some offers to these young ladies. Of course you had some that had offers with the old staff that probably are still there.

You beat me to this 😂 there are some really interesting names on there which aren’t on previous posts especially at the pg spot.

I was looking at the offers after Kellie and crew got here and some good names popped up so that was impressive homework on their parts to jump right in and get some offers to these young ladies. Of course you had some that had offers with the old staff that probably are still there.
I like the 5'6" player first name on the list don't know where we are with her but she is a player. Key we hoped would've committed by now you never know what any specific player is thinking. She knows Tennessee inside out so we'll see if were her choice. Rivers of course would be huge still a lot of names on her list and I really don't feel good about her coming here hard to beat out the ACC schools that she is closer to. I thought we had a great shot at Puckett been here a couple times plays with Striplin AAU she is a player I thought we could get. Don't know a lot about many of the others Verhulst way up in Kansas Coach Kellie may have some sort of relationship with her from Missouri State. Wolfenburger surely was recruited for Arkansas by Goldwire. This staff is really working Coach Sully was the lead recruiter for Striplin still doing great work like she did at Ohio State.

I like the 5'6" player first name on the list don't know where we are with her but she is a player. Key we hoped would've committed by now you never know what any specific player is thinking. She knows Tennessee inside out so we'll see if were her choice. Rivers of course would be huge still a lot of names on her list and I really don't feel good about her coming here hard to beat out the ACC schools that she is closer to. I thought we had a great shot at Puckett been here a couple times plays with Striplin AAU she is a player I thought we could get. Don't know a lot about many of the others Verhulst way up in Kansas Coach Kellie may have some sort of relationship with her from Missouri State. Wolfenburger surely was recruited for Arkansas by Goldwire. This staff is really working Coach Sully was the lead recruiter for Striplin still doing great work like she did at Ohio State.

I just looked up Rori Harmon and she has handles for days and is that shorter quicker guard that gets under your skin.

She would be a great get out of Texas but again it’s the state of Texas sooooo we all know how hard it is to get a player out of there but the ones the LVs have gotten in the past we’re really good (Catchings and Zaay). Maybe Zaay says come play with me for 2 years.

If we could get four of Wilson, Key, Rivers, Verhulst and Puckett I think we have a championship contending team in the works. Do we even have that many spots available for 2021?

Yes we do. The cool things about what @Volfan2012 posted is that if you look at the chart it gives a break down by grade year by year of the players who would right now be on the roster. It goes to This year’s freshman senior year.

At the top there is a menu you can scroll all the way down and look at different schools break down of rosters and opening for years. TN was just added last night with the commitment of Striplin so this is a really good breakdown of possible recruits.

If we could get four of Wilson, Key, Rivers, Verhulst and Puckett I think we have a championship contending team in the works. Do we even have that many spots available for 2021?

Next year we'll have 12 on scholarship and three seniors of which McCoy may get a fifth year still to be determined. So yes we would have five to give and one already given so we have four right now with the present roster.

Tennessee Women's Basketball Recruiting | WBB Blog

Last edited:
I guess I misinterpreted the underline part for the team of players.

Thanks. I didn't want to type all of that.
“I’ve chosen a place that I’ve really bonded with the staff, where I think there will be a team there in a couple of years that I’ll really fit in well with, and I’ll give my all for the coach and staff there,” Striplin said in front of friends and family at the high school gym

Just saw on Instagram that Saniya Rivers and Teonni Key are both at the game today. Maybe they are talking about going to school together? Hopefully both for the orange 😊

they need them and like two other top ten players to even begin to compete with the top teams like Oregon, SC, Uconn and Baylor

Just saw on Instagram that Saniya Rivers and Teonni Key are both at the game today. Maybe they are talking about going to school together? Hopefully both for the orange 😊

Hope they saw how much Tennessee needs them. Striplin is a nice get, but these are the difference makers Kellie really needs to get back to an elite level...

Anyone else heard Sara Puckett is about to commit to Tennessee. Another huge pickup if it happens she is number 21 on the list big time sharp shooter that can also score inside. Hopefully this comes true.

Someone posted a twitter, but probably just a guess. Have not heard an announce date for her.

Someone posted a twitter, but probably just a guess. Have not heard an announce date for her.
She was in big with Striplin in AAU ball hope it comes to be true. I know they went to a couple games at Tennessee together. Another top player we need.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
She was in big with Striplin in AAU ball hope it comes to be true. I know they went to a couple games at Tennessee together. Another top player we need.

This might knock us out of the Key/Rivers combo which is another good on court product...

I would love to see Rivers/Verhulst alongside Key and our commit (Striplin).

Rivers and Verhulst are difference makers in their classes on the perimeter.

I don’t know much about Puckett maybe she is a player we need.

This might knock us out of the Key/Rivers combo which is another good on court product...

I would love to see Rivers/Verhulst alongside Key and our commit (Striplin).

Rivers and Verhulst are difference makers in their classes on the perimeter.

I don’t know much about Puckett maybe she is a player we need.
I would love to see Rivers come but I think it would be very hard to get her out of ACC country and I think she stays in the Carolinas (Just hoping SC isn't her choice)

I think if Key doesn't decide on us it will also be one of the NC schools (because of how close it is to home Mom won't have to travel far for her home games)

I like the connection/closeness they seem to have (Puckett/Striplin and Rivers/Key) and I would definitely like to add them 4 and if we elect to go with 5 I would like it to be a small PG (Rori Harmon or Sheyann Day-Wilson) I think if this were to happen we would have a Top 3 class for 2021 and a great 1st class for Kelli)

To me Puckett and Striplin is a good as it gets as a duo. Same for Key and Rivers all four these players can score in bunches and you can see what Kellie is doing in recruiting she is picking players that have been major scorers on their team and with the averages and efficiency that you want out of a player. Would love to have this four but we have several other prospects also so hopefully in the end it turns out as well as it looks right now for our 2021 recruiting class.

I would love to see Rivers come but I think it would be very hard to get her out of ACC country and I think she stays in the Carolinas (Just hoping SC isn't her choice)

I think if Key doesn't decide on us it will also be one of the NC schools (because of how close it is to home Mom won't have to travel far for her home games)

I like the connection/closeness they seem to have (Puckett/Striplin and Rivers/Key) and I would definitely like to add them 4 and if we elect to go with 5 I would like it to be a small PG (Rori Harmon or Sheyann Day-Wilson) I think if this were to happen we would have a Top 3 class for 2021 and a great 1st class for Kelli)

after looking at Rori Harmons clips I want her as a lady vol ! I meant to add her to my post!!

Reactions: mlindsay
Verhulst seems to be coveted by most of the heavyweight majors.

Wolfenbarger is a tall PG whose video is impressive. Reportedly has a superb work ethic.

Has Olivia Miles committed elsewhere? If not, are we on her list?

VN Store

Back