LV Bench Turns The Tide

teacherdean

Our bench against Vandy was awesome. At the start, the starters were playing as if they were in a coma. They were not aggressive and played as if they were stuck in mud. When the bench came in they turned it up a couple of notches. They aggressively jumped on Vandy and did not let up.

McCoy and Burrell really lit a fire under the starters. The problem is we need to play like that at the start of the game. I also have to give KK credit, she did play a lot better. She needs to stop bringing the ball down on her rebound.

Key has a lot of positives except she can be very passive. She needs to borrow some of McCoy and Burrell’s fire. I really think that we are headed in the right direction. Go Lady Vols!!!!!

Our bench against Vandy was awesome. At the start, the starters were playing as if they were in a coma. They were not aggressive and played as if they were stuck in mud. When the bench came in they turned it up a couple of notches. They aggressively jumped on Vandy and did not let up.

McCoy and Burrell really lit a fire under the starters. The problem is we need to play like that at the start of the game. I also have to give KK credit, she did play a lot better. She needs to stop bringing the ball down on her rebound.

Key has a lot of positives except she can be very passive. She needs to borrow some of McCoy and Burrell’s fire. I really think that we are headed in the right direction. Go Lady Vols!!!!!
I know I have lately been down on KK . However, last night, she played much better. I think that if Key can get stronger and more aggressive and KK can lose some weight in the off season, they will be solid in the 5 position next year.

I know I have lately been down on KK . However, last night, she played much better. I think that if Key can get stronger and more aggressive and KK can lose some weight in the off season, they will be solid in the 5 position next year.

I think Key will get stronger she will have the time after the season. As me and another member said before Key has always had a thin body, She added some weight after HS but now needs to add some strength. I think in the off season she will put the work in and will be a force next year.

Yes, Kasi deserves much credit for several of the outstanding moments she had last night. She wasn’t perfect — NOBODY was — but she really showed she’s willing to put up a fight before relinquishing her minutes to Jaiden.

Thank you, Kasi! And thank you, Jaiden, for pushing KK. WE NEED YOU BOTH to shine!

I think Key will get stronger she will have the time after the season. As me and another member said before Key has always had a thin body, She added some weight after HS but now needs to add some strength. I think in the off season she will put the work in and will be a force next year.
She's been great as a freshman anyway. Her upside is tremendous. 8 ppg and 5 rpg in about 20 minutes of play has been great for her. I think the problem is she has never played this much physical ball in a season. She be stronger and smarter next season and the numbers will be way up.

She's been great as a freshman anyway. Her upside is tremendous. 8 ppg and 5 rpg in about 20 minutes of play has been great for her. I think the problem is she has never played this much physical ball in a season. She be stronger and smarter next season and the numbers will be way up.

Coach will have no choice but to throw her into the fire. We have no other player that will send back the shot or make the player change there shot in the lane. I remember last year he had a lot of big bodies but no one to patrol the middle and we got hammered by other teams. Sunday against SC we will really see what our post is made of.

Coach will have no choice but to throw her into the fire. We have no other player that will send back the shot or make the player change there shot in the lane. I remember last year he had a lot of big bodies but no one to patrol the middle and we got hammered by other teams. Sunday against SC we will really see what our post is made of.
I would personally like to see less posting deep by her and more catch the pass a few feet from the basket and drive it see if they can stop her without fouling. If double team comes pass to the perimeter for a shot. I would like to see more Candace Parker type play by Key and that is what she needs to work on this summer. Like her sister she needs to be able to create her own shot by driving to the basket instead of way to much down low pushing and shoving she is presently enduring. Pulling her out a little opens up for the drives to the basket by other players as well. I think we need to be a driving team creating our perimeter passes off the drive.

I would personally like to see less posting deep by her and more catch the pass a few feet from the basket and drive it see if they can stop her without fouling. If double team comes pass to the perimeter for a shot. I would like to see more Candace Parker type play by Key and that is what she needs to work on this summer. Like her sister she needs to be able to create her own shot by driving to the basket instead of way to much down low pushing and shoving she is presently enduring. Pulling her out a little opens up for the drives to the basket by other players as well. I think we need to be a driving team creating our perimeter passes off the drive.

True and i agree with you. And from what i hear in NC she will be working with one of Tenn former post players not sure who it is. Yes correct she needs to be able to create her own shot like Teonni.

Reactions: Volfan2012

Credit Kellie for finally finding a role for KK in which she could be successful, as the defensive anchor in the zone defense. I would expect to see it more often in upcoming games...

How many minutes did Key play last night didn't seem like much? I don't remember seeing her play at all in 4th quarter if she did it wasn't much.

I had to clean my glasses to make sure that was KK hustling up and down the court. She played much better than in recent games.

Reactions: StrangeVol

I was there last night. Kasi is not overweight. She is thinner than I’ve ever seen her. I was proud of her.

I was there last night. Kasi is not overweight. She is thinner than I’ve ever seen her. I was proud of her.

Those of us who are fortunate to live near enough to attend games and then are able to see the team up close can tell you that some of our players look a whole lot thinner in person.

Those of us who are fortunate to live near enough to attend games and then are able to see the team up close can tell you that some of our players look a whole lot thinner in person.

That’s the truth! And this is dumb - but I forget how tall they are! Visited with Re for a few minutes at the bus and it hits me every time I see her in person how dang tall she is! (Of course I’m a shorty too but she is really tall!) 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
True and i agree with you. And from what i hear in NC she will be working with one of Tenn former post players not sure who it is. Yes correct she needs to be able to create her own shot like Teonni.

If it’s Candace I’m gonna die

Reactions: djtee

VN Store

Back