Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Baby Red's, average age of 19 years and 6 months, showed well but ultimately fall to Aston Villa 5-0 in the EFL.

On to the CWC tomorrow!
So you all will just win 3 trophies instead of 4

Already have 1, could still get 4 more.

10 points clear with a game in hand.

NOTHING else officially matters after claiming the CWC! Screw the UCL and FA Cup.

Unreal. An absolute soul crusher for any chasing team I'm sure. Going to be no worse than 11 clear with a game in hand tomorrow night.

The best we could be is 13 clear with a game in hand heading into the new year. 😳😳😳

Last edited:
Unreal. An absolute soul crusher for any chasing team I'm sure. Going to be no worse than 11 clear with a game in hand tomorrow night.

The best we could be is 16 clear with a game in hand heading into the new year. 😳😳😳

Been saying it for a while, Liverpool’s year without a doubt.

Reactions: MSUDuo
Been saying it for a while, Liverpool’s year without a doubt.
I'm about there too. Just been burned more than once, even in my short fan life of the team. It's exciting though. They're the last of my favorite club teams who hasn't won their respective league.

86BDB49F-69F2-44B9-86B4-AE66597143A0.jpeg
Aubameyang, Lacazette, Ozil and Pepe are all starting in the same game for the first time tonight.
Come on Arsenal!

Reactions: DocVOLiday
Baby(ish) Reds do it again! There is no denying this team is special this year. I feel like they need a third trophy to cement their legacy among the greats but it's been almost magic like from Klopp. He couldn't pull a wrong string if he tried right now.

I support West Ham United. Been stressful to say the least... COYI⚒
Went to a match there last weekend. The stadium is really nice, as it’s only 6-7 years old, but it’s also one of the worst places in England to watch a game that I’ve been to. Obviously wasn’t built with soccer in mind, and all the fans are just waaaay too far away from the pitch.
30A54945-C219-42D2-90CA-CC4B7264C4C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: DocVOLiday and MAD
Went to a match there last weekend. The stadium is really nice, as it’s only 6-7 years old, but it’s also one of the worst places in England to watch a game that I’ve been to. Obviously wasn’t built with soccer in mind, and all the fans are just waaaay too far away from the pitch.View attachment 256980
Yea, it sucks for sure but they’re stuck there for 95 more years.... Leaving Upton Park was the worst decision the owners made...

Reactions: MAD
Yea, it sucks for sure but they’re stuck there for 95 more years.... Leaving Upton Park was the worst decision the owners made...
From a matchday/spectator perspective this is probably true, but probably not from the business angle. When you're playing at a 100+ year old ground in a country where municipalities don't really build stadiums for teams, and the government effectively offers to give you one for free, it's kind of hard to say no.

On 14 April 2016 it was revealed that West Ham will pay £2.5 million per year during a 99-year lease of the stadium but will not have to fund police, stewarding, heating, pitch maintenance, or corner flags.

I can say whoever is paying for the police is getting their money's worth. Hands down the most thorough (borderline invasive) search I've ever been through outside of an airport. Also, lol at them negotiating to not have to furnish the corner flags.

Went to a match there last weekend. The stadium is really nice, as it’s only 6-7 years old, but it’s also one of the worst places in England to watch a game that I’ve been to. Obviously wasn’t built with soccer in mind, and all the fans are just waaaay too far away from the pitch.
View attachment 256980
Could be wrong, but it seems like a lot of Italian stadiums are like that. Every time I see a Serie A game on ESPN, it's being played in a stadium like West Ham's, where the stands down the long sides of the pitch are bowed out in a semicircle, as if to intentionally create more space between the stands and the pitch.

Did some Google searches...the San Siro isn't like that, but the Stadio Olimpico is, Stadio San Paolo is, perhaps others. In both of those cases, it looks like there's a track between the pitch and the stands. It looks really ugly and keeps people too far away.

Who is Liverpool going to lose to? Anyone?
Actually a good chance they lose to Shrewsbury next week since Klopp is “boycotting” the game and putting the U-23 manager in charge of a youth side. As for the real team? Who knows, probably somebody in March or April after they’ve already won the title.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back