Candace Parker shares great stories about Kobe Bryant 🙏

Great story, nice to see someone smile talking about Kobe. He always had a smile on his face the last few years. Seemed like he loved being retired, loved his family and loved basketball.

I think Candace is going to have a great career in sports broadcasting. She looks and sounds great on TV and she interacts so well with the other hosts.

Great story, nice to see someone smile talking about Kobe. He always had a smile on his face the last few years. Seemed like he loved being retired, loved his family and loved basketball.

I think Candace is going to have a great career in sports broadcasting. She looks and sounds great on TV and she interacts so well with the other hosts.

Candace & Kara are the best female broadcasts that I've seen. Lobo on the other hand have no clue what she's doing, just enjoys to discuss about Uconn.

Candace & Kara are the best female broadcasts that I've seen. Lobo on the other hand have no clue what she's doing, just enjoys to discuss about Uconn.

This is the first and only time you and I have ever agreed lol. I agree, Lobo sucks. She always tries to dominate the men she is calling the game with. It’s unbecoming. If I hear one more crack about Adam Amin’s height I’m gonna lose it. Candace just looks like one of the crew, she’s natural and well spoken. Argumentative but not domineering, she just talks basketball at a high level and has fun.

Reactions: T.J.

I completely agree with you on Kara and Candace. They are going to break some broadcasting boundaries. I also think Draya Carter is really good and I hope she more opportunities at the national level. Right now, she seems to be confined to the SEC Network.

Another commentator whose career has skyrocketed is Maria Taylor, former UGA player. She’s got it all: knowledge, personal high-level athletics experience, outgoing personality, and she’s physically appealing. I’m afraid, though, that we won’t be seeing a whole heckuva lot of her during women’s events before long. The major men’s shows are trying to steal her!

Reactions: T_Vol376

Agree and I also love Holly Rowe and Andraya Carter. Did you see that Draya has her own segment now? So awesome for her! I also think Tamika does a great job.

Another commentator whose career has skyrocketed is Maria Taylor, former UGA player. She’s got it all: knowledge, personal high-level athletics experience, outgoing personality, and she’s physically appealing. I’m afraid, though, that we won’t be seeing a whole heckuva lot of her during women’s events before long. The major men’s shows are trying to steal her!

Yes - don’t know how I forgot about Maria!

Reactions: VolBall09

I love Maria. She’s a lot like Candace on camera. She can play the boys club game and never seems out of place. She has great confidence.

Doesn’t hurt that she’s also gorgeous, not that it’s a main criteria, but it sure helps when you’re in TV.

Agree and I also love Holly Rowe and Andraya Carter. Did you see that Draya has her own segment now? So awesome for her! I also think Tamika does a great job.

I love Tamika and I think she’s an amazing example for hearing impaired persons. Never let it bother her!

She did have a funny moment a few weeks ago on air. At halftime or a timeout the male host made a joke and said something like, “yeah but not even you could guard Chennedy Carter, not even in your prime.”

She instantly got HEATED. She is so competitive she started sweating because she didn’t know how to respond. You could tell she was thinking, “are you serious? I’ll end her.” Lol

Last edited:
She is terrific - have loved her from the getgo!
Me too, T_Vol376! Carter has a natural talent for it, having (in my opinion) never actually suffered through any of the typical early-career awkwardness.

I remember the first time I ever saw her on-air. I told my friend, who was watching with me at the time, “The camera just said, ‘It’s love at first sight and I want to date you!’... and Carter flashed her smile and said, ‘Get in line.’”

Me too, T_Vol376! Carter has a natural talent for it, having (in my opinion) never actually suffered through any of the typical early-career awkwardness.

I remember the first time I ever saw her on-air. I told my friend, who was watching with me at the time, “The camera just said, ‘It’s love at first sight and I want to date you!’... and Carter flashed her smile and said, ‘Get in line.’”

That is exactly how I felt the first time I saw her call a game! Loooove her voice too!

I love Tamika and I think she’s an amazing example for hearing impaired persons. Never let it bother her!

She did have a funny moment a few weeks ago on air. At halftime or a timeout the male host made a joke and said something like, “yeah but not even you could guard Kennedy Carter, not even in your prime.”

She instantly got HEATED. She is so competitive she started sweating because she didn’t know how to respond. You could tell she was thinking, “are you serious? I’ll end her.” Lol

I can totally see her getting heated - haha! I hate I missed that! I saw her have a similar reaction to a similar comment on a broadcast once - maybe not that heated. She is so dang nice!

Did you see her on the LV/Uconn broadcast? She always looks terrific, but I thought she looked especially beautiful that night!

Reactions: lvocd

She did have a funny moment a few weeks ago on air. At halftime or a timeout the male host made a joke and said something like, “yeah but not even you could guard Kennedy Carter, not even in your prime.”

I am soooo sorry I missed that memorable exchange. Yes, Tamika is uber-competitive, and so I’m not surprised that hearing that comment made her blood boil. lol GAWD I love Tamika Catchings!!!!!!!!

And seriously, who was that jerk of a host who insulted Tamika like that? Sure, Chennedy Carter is a fierce and confident competitor who deserves respect... but to tell Tamika-FREAKING-Catchings that she couldn’t have guarded her EVEN IN HER PRIME?? That fool needs to hush it.

I am soooo sorry I missed that memorable exchange. Yes, Tamika is uber-competitive, and so I’m not surprised that hearing that comment made her blood boil. lol GAWD I love Tamika Catchings!!!!!!!!

And seriously, who was that jerk of a host who insulted Tamika like that? Sure, Chennedy Carter is a fierce and confident competitor who deserves respect... but to tell Tamika-FREAKING-Catchings that she couldn’t have guarded her EVEN IN HER PRIME?? That fool needs to hush it.

I agree on all - and the nerve of him!

Reactions: lvocd
I can totally see her getting heated - haha! I hate I missed that! I saw her have a similar reaction to a similar comment on a broadcast once - maybe not that heated. She is so dang nice!

Did you see her on the LV/Uconn broadcast? She always looks terrific, but I thought she looked especially beautiful that night!

I love her too!

It was awkward and hilarious at the same time. I thought they were going to have to cut to commercial break. He realized his joke went over like a lead balloon and Catch couldn’t even get a sentence out. She just went stone faced and started sweating harder and harder.

Finally he changed the subject and they recovered lol. How can you even joke about that though? She is probably the greatest defender ever in the history of women’s basketball!!! Queen of the Quintuple Double 👸🏾👸🏾👸🏾👸🏾👸🏾

Reactions: T_Vol376 and lvocd
It was awkward and hilarious at the same time. I thought they were going to have to cut to commercial break. He realized his joke went over like a lead balloon and Catch couldn’t even get a sentence out. She just went stone faced and started sweating harder and harder.

Finally he changed the subject and they recovered lol. How can you even joke about that though? She is probably the greatest defender ever in the history of women’s basketball!!! Queen of the Quintuple Double 👸🏾👸🏾👸🏾👸🏾👸🏾
Oh. My. GAWD. Is there a link available to this exchange?

You're a moron if you think Lobo has no clue what she's doing, and you haven't even listened to her if you think she only talks about UConn.

I know the game can be watched on replay but I can’t find a clip of it. It was an A&M game I tried lol. I can’t even remember the guys name. He reminds me of Matt Lauer.

Draya Carter is as comfortable in front of the camera as anyone with way more experience. She recently tweeted this about getting her own segment:
Andraya Carter is a total natural and a star in the making. I go out of my way to watch the games she calls.

Found it, it’s the Arkansas Texas A&M game form January 2 (that feels like forever ago already). The moment happens at 40 minutes if you can find the replay. I tried to screen record it, but ESPN is too smart for that and it won’t let you lol.

She almost played it off as a joke, but you can tell she didn’t like it lol.

Reactions: T_Vol376 and lvocd

VN Store

Back