The Impeachment Thread

Lol that’s not what Solomon’s tweet says, and that clearly isn’t how you read it.

Solomon chose his words carefully because he knew people like you would spread it without verifying.
Soloman quoted the article directly. Sorry that you can't read or afford subscriptions
20200128_171532.jpg

If only direct first hand knowledge of such activity will suffice... then it really does all boil down to Bolton's word vs Trump's word. I don't see how Senate Republicans can keep Bolton from testifying now, but I guess we will see what happens. Whether its from testimony or a book, Bolton's story will get out.

It's funny that the Dems claimed overwhelming, indisputable proof for the impeachment. Now you're left defending the excuse that they desperately need unverified he said/he said testimony that they never bother subpoenaing? Boy, that's a pretty sad sack to be left holding. I feel bad for you. No wonder you keep ignoring posts and refusing to respond to facts.

It's also sad that you're still here defending the Dem House for impeaching a president and then, after doing so, declaring to the world that they impeached him without enough evidence to impeach him.

That sucks.

And was it you that was accusing people of putting party above republic? I think it was. You may want to rethink that fight when you're defending the attempted negation of an election on a lack of evidence. That's pretty ******.

No. I'm sorry. That's extremely ******.

Now... You still don't understand fully. (I won't make a reading comprehension joke.)

It's not just about "direct, first hand" knowledge. My argument has been that, even if we gave the benefit of the doubt and accepted that Trump discussed using the aid as leverage... And we aren't by the way. But even if we gave the devil an advocate, that isn't even accusing Trump for actually pressuring the Ukraine Prez, or withholding the aid.

It's just accusing the President of planning and /or discussing the option. It's trying to impeach him for a thought crime. Do you know what? Even if Trump told someone that he planned to pressure the Ukraine for a public investigation, and one of his lawyers said, "Hey, idiot... That will get you in trouble. Don't do that." And he never did it... Do you know what? he never committed a crime or abused his power.

Thus my questions, that you interpreted as "comprehension" problems. No I comprehended better than you think. A conversation with someone on his staff about the aid is NOT pressuring the Ukraine or withholding the aid. A conversation with Prez Z would have been pressuring. It could possibly have been an abuse of power, depending on his motives.

But it never happened. Thus, Prez Z assuring the world he was never pressured, and the aid was never threatened.

Reactions: tennvols77 and AM64
Dershowitz
said in 2016 that he believed Trump was more corrupt than Hillary Clinton and more likely to continue being corrupt as president.
He made the 2016 comments during an appearance on the Trending Today USA radio show when asked about The Clinton Foundation.
"When you compare that to what Trump has done with Trump University, with so many other things, I think there's no comparison between who has engaged in more corruption and who is more likely to continue that if elected President of the United States,"
Dershowitz
said. "So I think what we're doing is we're comparing, we're saying, look, neither candidate is anywhere close to perfect, let's vote for the less bad candidate."

Lol Nancy is getting it handed to her. She has already lost a member of her own party during this fiasco..and the longer this goes the worse the Dems look.. Trump's numbers are going up in popularity and fund raising

If these weak kneed Senators cave they will never win re-election. So bring on the witnesses. All of them

If these weak kneed Senators cave they will never win re-election. So bring on the witnesses. All of them
Jones is toast anyway so it doesn't matter in Alabama..Alexander might want to retire to a different state if he sides with the Dems.. Manchin better be careful.. he goes too far out he will lose that WV Senate seat and the Dems will never get it back

Nancy's a MF'ing boss!

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back