Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

I’m no medical expert but I’m curious as to where you saw this info? I have no idea really what you posted either means.
Coronaviruses: An Overview of Their Replication and Pathogenesis
It's dry microbiology reading. It's ok I'm not a medical expert either, I just stayed at a holiday inn resort last night. 😄.
The way this virus connects with the human cell is more advanced than the garden variety corona that causes respiratory involved colds. It is more deceptive, has more ways into the cell to fool it. Then it changes itself after infection occurs so the body which is fighting it won't recognize the second form quick enough. Like I said, it scares me.

SARS and Ebola didn't scare me. This one sounds nastier. This one has me worried.

Coronaviruses: An Overview of Their Replication and Pathogenesis
It's dry microbiology reading. It's ok I'm not a medical expert either, I just stayed at a holiday inn resort last night. 😄.
The way this virus connects with the human cell is more advanced than the garden variety corona that causes respiratory involved colds. It is more deceptive, has more ways into the cell to fool it. Then it changes itself after infection occurs so the body which is fighting it won't recognize the second form quick enough. Like I said, it scares me.
And I just came down with something this morning. I fully expect the CDC to repel from my roof crashing through the farmhouse windows any second now!

Let’s say we end up with 20 or so confirmed deaths here. How do you expect we would react/handle it? What would the CDC game plan be?

Just changed the question.
CDC gameplan would be much the same as ebola. Identify highly infected countries and limit travel to and from those sources. Quarantine infected people and treat them for secondary infections. Hospitals can decide whether to invoke infection protocols should it become serious enough.
Education about how it's spread will definitely increase. People would be encouraged to avoid going out in areas with high infection rate.
I could not find a specific protocol for this virus but I'm sure the cdc already has it in the works.

still would be too toxic . Need to pull them from Sharron
Never seen a needle melt from blood draws but id put money on ozzy to be the first. Saw him in monsters of rock in 1981 in Michigan. He came in a helicopter, dazzling entrance and good show.

This one's special, it can go recombinant after infecting you. Changing its form to avoid the body's compliment system.
It also contains 3 methods of transcribing itself into the human cells. Makes it more likely to be highly infectious. The 3-4% they are reporting is low. My guess is 15% based on how nasty this corona is.
This one scares me.

That sounds weaponized.

Couple of updates before I leave:

Videos are showing armed PLA soldiers in protective gear in Wuhan
China is rumored to be cutting the internet there soon.

And

So the temperature checks at airports may not be catching sick people at all.

That sounds weaponized.
Don't know anything about how to weaponize a virus. I know it's done and would only be done for nefarious reasons.
Some viruses are able to change themselves and evolve over a period of time to increase their chance of being highly infective and hard to kill without also killing the host. For example, a short lived illness virus can develop a new envelope that makes it resistant to antiviral treatment. They evolve just like bacteria for survival.

Don't know anything about how to weaponize a virus. I know it's done and would only be done for nefarious reasons.
Some viruses are able to change themselves and evolve over a period of time to increase their chance of being highly infective and hard to kill without also killing the host. For example, a short lived illness virus can develop a new envelope that makes it resistant to antiviral treatment. They evolve just like bacteria for survival.
If this wasn't a weaponized virus I'm sure labs are scrambling to get this culture to experiment with.

This sounds very serious, not like bird flu, SARS, Ebola of the past. The Chinese military involved and shutting down cities etc.

Reactions: davethevol
If this wasn't a weaponized virus I'm sure labs are scrambling to get this culture to experiment with.

This sounds very serious, not like bird flu, SARS, Ebola of the past. The Chinese military involved and shutting down cities etc.
Just read an article from the man who identified SARS and bird flu in China. He feels the reaction to this has been incredibly slow and under reported since cases of deaths have been verified back in early December from this corona. No one consulted the expert.
Jan 25 to Feb 8th is their new year. So travel has been highly interrupted. It's now outside mainland China.

Just read an article from the man who identified SARS and bird flu in China. He feels the reaction to this has been incredibly slow and under reported since cases of deaths have been verified back in early December from this corona. No one consulted the expert.
Jan 25 to Feb 8th is their new year. So travel has been highly interrupted. It's now outside mainland China.

I read another article as well that was comparing the two outbreaks, one person thought the governments response was quicker compared to the 2003 outbreak and another one thought the response time was delayed and slow moving. Both sources appeared to be close to ground zero so there are two different points of view.

VN Store

Back