'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

sorry for irrelevant bump as far as recruiting goes, but his head coach just left for the head job at his Alma mater in Camden Tn. I would think having a highly ranked qb such as Ty already on the roster for 2 more years should make Martin West View a pretty sought after job.

He’s the best HS qb to come out of TN in......well....... maybe ever?????

sorry for irrelevant bump as far as recruiting goes, but his head coach just left for the head job at his Alma mater in Camden Tn. I would think having a highly ranked qb such as Ty already on the roster for 2 more years should make Martin West View a pretty sought after job.
Was this the coaches 1st year @ Westview?

My good friends son is attending UTM as a sports communication major and was calling the Westview basketball game last night.

In attendance were Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley and the Clemson QB coach.

1579746010006.jpeg

Tennessee offensive line coach Will Friend traveled to Martin, Tenn., on Tuesday night to see four-star Class of 2022 quarterback Ty Simpson and his Westview High School basketball team in action.

Simpson, a top-100 prospect nationally in the 2022 class, already has emerged as one of Tennessee's top in-state targets in the 2022 class. He has visited the Vols multiple times, most recently attending their regular-season finale Nov. 30 against Vanderbilt.

Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh and quarterbacks coach Ben McDaniels also stopped at Westview on Tuesday to check on Simpson.

The 6-foot-1.5, 181-pound Simpson, who's the son of Tennessee-Martin coach Jason Simpson, is ranked by 247Sports as the No. 57 overall prospect and No. 3 dual-threat quarterback in the 2022 class and the No. 1 sophomore from Tennessee.

- Callahan

Yea I saw a picture of Harbough at our local airport last night on Facebook. Figured he was headed to see him

So the rumor around these West Tennessee streets are that this is a trade off deal for Ty. Not sure I’m buying it , but it’s swirling around today

F2CA9F03-6DCE-41D7-9FD4-9201852CBC26.png

VN Store

Back