'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

I'm kind of ok with this. I'm not sure I really want this kid on our team. Team mindset is a very delicate thing and one player really can mess it up. We've got some great momentum going into next season with kids who've got good heads on their shoulders, why risk that?
I can't really judge anyone unless I personally speak to them. I am willing to accept Pruitt as a proxy.

I'm kind of ok with this. I'm not sure I really want this kid on our team. Team mindset is a very delicate thing and one player really can mess it up. We've got some great momentum going into next season with kids who've got good heads on their shoulders, why risk that?
We took a risk on bringing jj back. That turned out pretty good

Kid seems like potential trouble. Having said that I trust if Pruitt wants him then he feels he can keep him on the straight and narrow. If he ends up here I am sure Pruitt will put him on the road if he causes too many issues.

And then the next year when everyone is wanting to sneak one more player in, we cant take him because we took Evan's on a winger.
If you have a chance to recruit a top 10 player nationally you take him. Especially when that top 10 player has the potential to touch the ball 25 times a game. Any other opinion is dumb.

At this point in recruiting, I don't take anything written or said at face value. I will say this, however, if I'm going to take a chance on a potential problem, it's not going to be a lying juvenile and his lying family. Nope, I'll stick my neck out for a guy who been likened to an Adrian Peterson type talent.

Yep. The whole Hardy fiasco has certainly opened my eyes.

Since he had the NLI fiasco with UGA, don't believe he can sign another NLI. Only a grant in aid, which he can sign those with multiple schools. So even if he commits somewhere it probably won't be over until he gets on campus in the summer. This thing could linger on for another 4-5 months and this thread will make the Darnell Washington thread look like child's play.

And then the next year when everyone is wanting to sneak one more player in, we cant take him because we took Evan's on a winger.

So wanting to take the #1 RB is somehow what, settling? Lol. If he stuck with UGA and became their next stud RB, I bet you would be complaining we didn’t go after him.

I’ve mentored 18-23 year olds for the majority of my adult life. The reason I chose to do that was I was mentored during that time and the people who invested in me have made me the man I am today. Same people who are saying they don’t want him are the same people who have said it’s ok if we take Jeramy Banks back because he has earned it if Pruitt let’s him back. The reality is we have a group of coaches that seem to care about these kids growing into men. These coaches are in an industry that talent wins and that means sometimes you have to teach talent how to behave as men. If he doesn’t want to play by the rules I’m sure Trey Smith and other leaders on the team will have zero problems letting the coach know he is a cancer and the team is better off without him.

Since he had the NLI fiasco with UGA, don't believe he can sign another NLI. Only a grant in aid, which he can sign those with multiple schools. So even if he commits somewhere it probably won't be over until he gets on campus in the summer. This thing could linger on for another 4-5 months and this thread will make the Darnell Washington thread look like child's play.
I hope not or Vol Nation will all be drinking Weidemann’s....

Remember, this guy can't sign a LOI, so this is going until June when he finally shows up on campus somewhere, and perhaps beyond until he actually takes a class or practices.

I figure this kid is ready to find a landing spot. I wouldn’t imagine I would do much better at his age with the amount of pressure he has to be under. He is probably unsure and confused on whom he should trust his future.
My bold prediction. When he commits the next time will stick and will enroll at said school.
I would love to have his talent and think a straight forward and no nonsense coach like CJP would be good for him.
On a side note south paw is horrible also.

I just hope this dude doesn’t complain about touches and **** like that, then quits on his team half way thru the season. Sorry Hurd flashbacks
If this kid comes and plays like Hurd we would have a record breaking back. If Hurd finishes that year he would lead ut rushing records. He had plenty of touches, too many honestly.

Reactions: SCRocket
There are definitely some character issues to be concerned about here. I am pretty familiar with some of the issues he had while on two visits to two different schools. However this is nothing new in that world so pretty sure we can deal with it.
It has been well reported the cell phone issue and possibly an altercation with the coach even after that. What other information can you divulge on Evan’s problems?

VN Store

Back