'21 NC SDE Zyun Reeves

One visit to Tennessee’s campus impressed Zyun Reeves enough to put the Vols among his early favorites. The Class of 2021 defensive end from East Forsyth High School in Kernersville, N.C., said his trip to Tennessee on Feb. 1 for the Vols’ latest junior day surpassed his expectations, and “they’re probably in my top two right now” among the more than a dozen teams pursuing him.

The 6-foot-6.5, 250-pound Reeves said South Carolina also is standing out to him, along with N.C. State. But Tennessee made a big first impression on him. “It was bigger than I thought,” he said. “The stadium and the facilities, they were nicer. They’re probably in my top two right now.“

Reeves said “probably” the facilities at Tennessee caught his attention more than anything else during the visit. The opportunity to play in the SEC also is intriguing to him. “Just ready to play – ready to play for anybody in the SEC to where I can reach my goals and be in the NFL,” Reeves said.

“(The conference) doesn’t matter to me – wherever is the best fit for me. I’d love to play in the SEC because it’s the top league. Playing against the best competition, I’d love to do that. But if it doesn’t work out, I’ll just go to the scene that best fits me.”

Tennessee extended a scholarship offer to him on Jan. 21, less than two weeks before he made the trip to Knoxville, and he said the Vols told him last weekend that they like “how I move and my length.” “They like the upside of my length and how I can improve and how much I weigh,” Reeves added.

N.C. State hosted Reeves last month, and he said he mostly has visited “places around North Carolina” to this point. “I’m just starting to get out of the state,” he said.

That will continue next month, he said, with a trip to Florida State on March 7. He said he’s also hoping to travel to Kentucky soon. He’s not rushing to decide on a college. “I’m going to take my time,” Reeves said. “Probably senior year – after the season, maybe.”

Wonder if he’s still impressed with SC after the coaching exodus?

Reactions: jakez4ut

VN Store

Back