Gun control debate (merged)

Well you are proposing laws that you yourself can’t even define as a need for them or that they will have any effect on anything
That's an insane leap. Just because you buying 5 guns posses no risk, in no way means Bubba buying 5 guns posses no risk.

My speech is legally limited by my employer.....which I accept as a condition of employment.
And the obvious terroristic threat limitation.
And the obvious public vulgarity.

So as long as your speech does not hurt others it is not limited, why don’t you let those that want to exercise their 2A rights enjoy the same.?

That's an insane leap. Just because you buying 5 guns posses no risk, in no way means Bubba buying 5 guns posses no risk.
If bubba isn’t a criminal whats the issue again. YOUR “logic” is there are dangerous guns around and they are dangerous and we have to limit it. But that’s not exactly reality and even if it were your laws wouldn’t affect the actual crime

This country was formed by a bunch of rich land owners who were sick of paying high taxes to a worthless government. These same founders took their guns and started killing members of that country (England) until that country eventually gave up and gave these new founders their country that you now live in.

I don’t think you quite get why they allowed the second amendment. The right to bear arms was solely to protect the citizens from a stupid overbearing government in case it ever happened.

Our founders make Dirty Harry seem tame.
And 240 years later we can conclude that it was an over reaction to an exaggerated fear that has resulted in the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives.

And 240 years later we can conclude that it was an over reaction to an exaggerated fear that has resulted in the loss of hundreds of thousands of lives.
Talk about exaggerated, I honestly don't think your side gets that more people are killed with other objects every year than guns. Drunk driving kills more a year, why aren't you on a soap box about drinking and driving?

So as long as your speech does not hurt others it is not limited, why don’t you let those that want to exercise their 2A rights enjoy the same.?
What?
My employer legally limits all types of speech that harm no one.
How does a terroristic threat hurt anyone?
How does me screaming vulgarities in a public park hurt anyone?

If bubba isn’t a criminal whats the issue again. YOUR “logic” is there are dangerous guns around and they are dangerous and we have to limit it. But that’s not exactly reality and even if it were your laws wouldn’t affect the actual crime
Bubba takes those 5 "legally" purchased guns and sells them to criminals.

U can conclude that....

Meanwhile, I keep seeing people get shot in gun free zones.

Why is it so hard for you all to realize criminals don’t obey laws???? Murder is illegal too yet it keeps happening.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Talk about exaggerated, I honestly don't think your side gets that more people are killed with other objects every year than guns. Drunk driving kills more a year, why aren't you on a soap box about drinking and driving?
Drinking and driving is horrible. I'm thrilled that it's illegal.
Where's the thread, I'll join in.

U can conclude that....

Meanwhile, I keep seeing people get shot in gun free zones.

Why is it so hard for you all to realize criminals don’t obey laws???? Murder is illegal too yet it keeps happening.
That's the most overused and meaningless argument.
Is it your position that murder should not be illegal?

How do you know that, you must be psychic? And even if he does that’s the actual crime that’s already on the books
Right, but if Bubba couldn't walk in and buy 5 guns, his illegal activities would immediately become more challenging.
If he could only buy two, only two guns would make it into the hands of criminals that day. See, 3 less guns.

He can discuss it with the tens of thousands killed by the guns illegal sold during the Iran-Contra affair.

That was a nation state war between Iran and Iraq. We can debate this as a different topic if the US should supply weapons in foreign conflicts to affect strategic objectives, but this is apples and oranges.

Altogether though, you seem to exhibit more trust in governments with arsenals of firepower that historically killed multitudes of thousands over the right of an individual to protect himself from said government or self defense measures.

Drinking and driving is horrible. I'm thrilled that it's illegal.
Where's the thread, I'll join in.
You didn't address the part of you exaggerating the numbers. Guns aren't the killer you make them out to be. In fact, they're about as guilty as the car a drunk driver uses.

The die hard liberals don't care about the deaths. Heck, they were disappointed tge iran missles didn't kill anybody. A few were giddy when it finally came out there were "casualties", even though it was just concussion protocols, so they could blame trump. They only cry about the guns so they can keep a narrative to disarm the citizens. Do that, and we're unable to fight back against them, or the enemy that may cone here.

VN Store

Back