Who’s gonna take charge?

Dougie_D

When Turner was playing, I always called him a ball hog and scream when he’d miss his driving layups. He at least got to the free throw line though.
But now, I’m starting to miss that .. and I think these players are missing that too.
Well, someone on this team needs to take over. Drive drive drive. They all look like scared chickens !
I’m sorry but let’s go guys! Be AGGRESSIVE. I rather have our entire starters get fouled out with Charge fouls and lose then do nothing and lose

We need it to be Josiah James at the guard position, but he doesn’t want to shoot. At this point, it probably needs to be Uros down low. Uros had a shaky first game, but the offense works differently when he was in. He knows how to work for the ball in the paint and seemed to have a really good warming up. I think his game shooting was a result of rust and that he can be a scorer for us.

I think we have a lot of players capable but players like JB, JJJ & JJ IMO look to have Type B personalities. Where LT Admiral, Bone & Grant were Type A.
3 of 4 were slated to grad in 2020 but the storm hit.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM
yep, Dougie, looks like it's up to you and me...put us in coach...ok, maybe not...I'm still hoping Bowden will come around...

GO BIG ORANGE...BEAT VANDY!

Reactions: Element01
This team is incredibly soft. Outside of Fulkerson, I don't know one player that has the "fight" in them that it takes to win big. The young guys may accrue some toughness over time, but right now? Zilch.

I don't know that you an alpha with the ability to do that right now.

Losing Grant, AS, Bone, and Alexander from last year (losing Turner this year) is a very difficult step for the roster that returned. Then you add a 1 thats been on campus less than a month and you finally get your one big cleared in the middle of Jan. And he hasn't played in over a year. Both of those guys are logging mins right out of the gate.

Its a unique situation.

When Turner was playing, I always called him a ball hog and scream when he’d miss his driving layups. He at least got to the free throw line though.
But now, I’m starting to miss that .. and I think these players are missing that too.
Well, someone on this team needs to take over. Drive drive drive. They all look like scared chickens !
I’m sorry but let’s go guys! Be AGGRESSIVE. I rather have our entire starters get fouled out with Charge fouls and lose then do nothing and lose
Some of us tried to warn against that.

Here are the guys you're looking for. They're just not eligible yet. To win this year, it's going to have to be with defense and 3's, neither of which we're great at.

1579277401496.jpeg 1579277458468.jpeg

Reactions: CAVPUT
Tomorrow's game against Vandy may very well be the dullest basketball game since the elimination of the 4 corner offense of North Carolina. (the youngsters on VN may not know what the 4 corner offense was)

This team certainly seems to be begging for someone to step up and take on the leadership role. Unfortunately, as has been stated numerous times, there appears to be no one on the team that has natural leadership abilities and can rally the team around them. Doesn't mean they're bad guys or poor players, just means we currently have a bad combination on the roster.

Basketball a different kind of game. We used to sit outside drinking beers til halftime because the first half really didn’t matter. If the light switch flips for Bowden and he starts shooting 60-70% that would be huge. If Vescovi can possess and not turnover then ball that would be huge. Turnovers by young players just part of growing. Georgia’s Edwards was smooth, confident, and experienced. We don’t have that. We had a lot of that last year. It will happen. I trust coach Barnes. Go Vols!

Tomorrow's game against Vandy may very well be the dullest basketball game since the elimination of the 4 corner offense of North Carolina. (the youngsters on VN may not know what the 4 corner offense was)
The master of the four corners was Phil Ford.

Surprisingly, the only guy I've seen consistently drive the ball to the paint is drew Pember. He'll need to become a little more decisive, but he has absolutely no fear in him. The first 5 seconds he was in the game against Memphis he tried to posterize the entire team. Vescovi gets there occasionally, but he really just doesn't have the size or quickness to finish inside consistently.

Surprisingly, the only guy I've seen consistently drive the ball to the paint is drew Pember. He'll need to become a little more decisive, but he has absolutely no fear in him. The first 5 seconds he was in the game against Memphis he tried to posterize the entire team. Vescovi gets there occasionally, but he really just doesn't have the size or quickness to finish inside consistently.
If he ever makes one of those he could earn the name of Baby Faced Assassin.(UT version)

Reactions: Element01
Somebody better step up soon or this train is going to completely derail. C'mon Vols get your sh!t together!

This is what I've been wondering. The team looks lost out there at times. Losing 4 of your leaders tends to do that. I was hoping Bowden would be that guy, but...

I'm afraid you're right. Whatever gives you comfort, keep it close tonight.

This team is incredibly soft. Outside of Fulkerson, I don't know one player that has the "fight" in them that it takes to win big. The young guys may accrue some toughness over time, but right now? Zilch.

Admiral was touted as a waste of a roster spot by some after his freshman year and Grant was baby soft. CRB knows what he’s doing. He’s not following the 1 and done model (yet anyway) he builds teams that compete for a couple years then rebuilds.

If you can't shoot from the outside and you have no real threat inside the only choice is to drive, hit free throws and bang the boards.

If you can't shoot from the outside and you have no real threat inside the only choice is to drive, hit free throws and bang the boards.
If you're going to chuck 30 3s a game, you best start owning the offensive glass. Wasn't that Zo's strategy? Chuck um up er and let Stokes and Maymon put um in.

VN Store

Back