'21 MD WDE Demeioun Robinson (Penn State commit)

Visiting this weekend...

Four-star Demeioun Robinson already made a handful of visits, and next on the list for the class of 2021 standout from Gaithersburg (Md.) Quince Orchard is to Tennessee on Saturday. And while the 6-foot-3, 220-pound Robinson already made unofficials to Ohio State, Syracuse, Virginia Tech and Virginia, his recruitment is only in its beginning stages.

“(Tennessee) has been telling me to come down (a lot) but I haven’t been able to make it,” said Robinson, who is the No. 16 weakside defensive end in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “I keep hearing how nice the facilities are there.” Robinson added he does not know much about the Vols, which offered in May, so he he is eager to get to campus.

However, one school he knows well and likes a lot is Ohio State, where he visited in June. “I saw things I never thought I would see before,” he said. “The academics, the real life Wednesdays they have for the students, there are a lot of great things.”

Ohio State coach Ryan Day, defensive line coach Larry Johnson and assistant coach Al Washingtonall spent time with Robinson, who was offered by the Buckeyes in April. “I loved them,” he said. “They told me a lot of new things I can improve with my game and they showed me how the Ohio State defense really works.”

Virginia Tech offered in April, and Robinson went to campus to check out the program. He wants to get back to Blacksburg to spend time with the coaching staff and get to know them better.

-Brian Dohn, 247

UAA Future 50: Vol recruiting notes from the nation's top underclassmen

SCUTTLE: Maryland outside linebacker Demeioun Robinson (a 6-3, 245 pound edge rusher) is a Top 200 prospect in the 2021 class and priority defensive target for the Vols. Robinson spoke highly of Jeremy Pruitt, as well as QC analyst Joe Osovet.

Robinson will visit Tennessee on Feb. 2 — the final weekend before National Signing day — and an early Junior Day for 2021.

He said that the Vols have made it clear they need pass rushers and he feels like a priority

ORLANDO – Demeioun Robinson dominates as a defensive end at Gaithersburg (Md.) Quince Orchard and he performed there at last week’s Under Armour Future 50 event. However, recruiting opened the eyes for the class of 2021 four-star, and particularly with the different ways he can be used in a defense.

The 6-foot-3, 220-pound Robinson said he talks the most with Penn State, Ohio State, LSU, Virginia, Tennessee and Texas A&M, and being used as a linebacker or defensive end is part of the discussion with each school.

The No. 5 weakside defensive end in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, Robinson plans on making a decision prior to the start of his senior season, and he will make spring officials. The only only visit he has set is an unofficial to Tennessee on Feb. 1.

Getting back to Tennessee the day before the February dead period (new this year) begins is beneficial to the Vols, who already made a big impression on Robinson.

“Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, I love the type of guy he is, Robinson said. “I love all the coaches, (director of programming for football) coach (Joe) Osovet …They just want to be great.”

What stands out the most to Robinson in relation to Tennessee? “The facilities, all the players vibing together, good relationships with the coaches,” he said. “The weather, too.”

- Brian Dohn, 247

I went to this High School. It’s a MD public school power house. Hopefully we get this kid.
I do know Saban was at the school earlier this offseason...

“Everybody's in the same spot right now,” Robinson said. “I’m taking it real slow. I'm just taking my time with it.

“I’m going to Tennessee's junior day on February 1st,” he said. “I see coach Pruitt is making some big changes and good things are happening over there.

“The Penn State coaches just have a different bond,” said Robinson. “Coach Franklin, coach Bowen, and all of them just show that I'm wanted.

“I’m looking at mainly the education, the coaches, and the community I'm going to be around during these visits,” he said. “I’m going to visit LSU this summer and Texas A&M too. Those are the only ones I know for sure.

“I like coach Harbaugh at Michigan,” Robinson said. “He's a cool guy and keeps it real with you. He loves to work hard. I'll try to visit Michigan.

“I’d like to commit before August and take all of my official visits,” he said. “I’ll probably sign early in December. Playing outside linebacker or defensive end doesn't matter to me. It's about wherever the coaches put me.”

RIVALS' REACTION...
Tennessee has hosted Robinson a couple times already and them getting him back on campus for a big recruiting weekend bodes well for the Vols but it doesn’t sound like he’ll be making any quick decisions. Penn State has also hosted Robinson on multiple occasions so keep an eye on the Nittany Lions. Look out for Robinson scheduling more visits for the spring and summer.

- Rivals

VN Store

Back