VFL Coach Dale Jones

My uncle Dale Jones just got hired as Appy State defensive coordinator. Hopefully in a few years the Vols staff will recognize his talent as a coach and bring him home to Rocky Top.
He’s a true Volunteer.... I enjoyed watching him play .... he was the kind of guy you want on your team.... tough, smart and relentless

My uncle Dale Jones just got hired as Appy State defensive coordinator. Hopefully in a few years the Vols staff will recognize his talent as a coach and bring him home to Rocky Top.

I thought the word on Dale Jones was that he liked Appalachian State and didn't want to leave. Is he interested in a job at UT?

I thought the word on Dale Jones was that he liked Appalachian State and didn't want to leave. Is he interested in a job at UT?
No he does love that area but I would love to have him in orange on the sidelines at UT again one day. I am very proud to call him my uncle and glad a school is finally recognizing his coaching talent.

Hopefully, DJ will be back home on the HILL some day soon........... He was a bama killer!!

He made a great play to seal the win (Int of Mike Shula) BUT, told Cornelius Bennett the next year's Media Days that "WE OWN YOU"; Well guess what? bama Kicked UT'S AZZ that year. I remember it well. 1986.

Reactions: VolNuke
He made a great play to seal the win (Int of Mike Shula) BUT, told Cornelius Bennett the next year's Media Days that "WE OWN YOU"; Well guess what? bama Kicked UT'S AZZ that year. I remember it well. 1986.

1986! I still vaguely remember upper deck seats, beautiful day, cute 1st date, some great pass plays from the Vols. But I'm almost sure Bobby Humphrey is still running loose on toss sweeps right & left on SWF. Gaaah, they must have had 350 yards rushing that day. 56-28 iirc :-\

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Awesome dude, not just a VFL! When he was originally the DC for Coach Moore, I got the chance to work with him closely. He opened up their (Appy St) entire playbook for the staff I was on and shared EVERYTHING (it helped that we had a couple of kids on their roster)! Then, after meeting all day, he went out and had a beer with us; I'll never forget it.

VN Store

Back