The Official Tennessee @ Georgia Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPNU

This team is going to struggle in the conference, I think we'd do well to split our conference games this year.

We all knew this was going to be a transition year but the lack of athleticism and effort in this game is glaring. Easy to understand people's frustration tonight.
Yes, but to say that players should transfer, etc is crazy.

Bowden was the leading scorer and he and James were the only ones that looked like they'd ever held a basketball.

JJJ is good but doesn't play quite like a 5*

He was never an automatic one and done player, and that was discussed preseason. I posted stats a few weeks ago from some other 5 stars that are just as comparable or worse than JJJ.

Youth & inexperience and one thing young players don’t do great? Defend...which we didn’t.

We need to see more penetration from guards. Hopefully Santiago gets more comfortable handling the ball & going to his right. James has grown a lot since he first got here. Uros seemed a tad shellshocked in his first game, he should settle down though.

After watching the entire game I feel Plavsic will help with interior D, but he's very limited offensively.

We are hurting at point and shooting gaurd.

Fulky should be a role player giving solid minutes off the bench but sadly he's probably our best player without the initials JJ.

Pons is an athlete that just can't really find his game, he's another guy that should be coming off the bench but we start out of necessity.

We just aren't a very good team, hopefully another year and some of the current freshmen start to develop. But most of all we need at least two of the three incoming freshmen to be solid clear cut starters by game 8 next season.

Bowden was the leading scorer and he and James were the only ones that looked like they'd ever held a basketball.
Just a terrible offensive strategy tonight. Fulky touched the ball like three times, Pons et al jacking low % threes, every drive got kicked back out, . . . We are really struggling for an identity.

Yea ...we can't match the athletes on that floor .. Pons is only one who is physically there ... Bowden has cashed in ... our freshman play tentative too ... JJJ is no 5 star ... Viscovi too slow ...

I could of bought some of what you was saying until then. They cant even stop layups and not just this game. Tell me exactly how this offense works. Cant wait to hear this.

I don’t just make stuff up....it is what it is. They have been giving up under 60 per game coming in to this game. Over all their D has been very good this year.....just not every game as we have seen.

You asked, I stated.

Also there were many open looks from 3, from 10-15 ft, and even near the basket.....this team simply isn’t hitting.

The O passes a lot, but that is only one part of the O. Without hitting shots, and without driving.....some parts will never be as successful......but make no mistake this O system works.....you just need players to make shots.....lately this team hasn’t been doing that.

Also this system isn’t designed to wait until the clock expires.....but when you got players refusing to shoot.....it sometimes works out like that.......that is also why Bowden has been shooting so much......even while missing.......someone has to shoot the ball.

Very disappointed with the effort. Offensively we are challenged but defense is all about desire and effort and we didn’t show much, especially in our transition defense. Frankly, Fulkerson only getting up 2 shots in 22 minutes is criminal. We have no identity offensively and can’t rely on perimeter shooting. Leadership on the floor is clearly lacking. It is a team with a bunch of role players at this point.

Was looking forward to seeing Plavsic. Not a stiff but he is still a project. Has some skill but only had 3 rebounds in 17 minutes and had no idea what he was doing defensively. So, while he is another body, he isn’t a difference maker at this point. Throw this one in the trash and look forward to the next one.

The team is piece milled together and it shows. Seems to be no cohesion. No one seems to know what their teammates are thinking

Reactions: knoxvol16

VN Store

Back