'17 TN ATH Amari Rodgers (Clemson commit)

Dude took a shot early in the game. I was glad to see him run off the field then return later for a touchdown. I don’t think he’s coming here, but he may the only player I cheer for on Clemson roster

Dude took a shot early in the game. I was glad to see him run off the field then return later for a touchdown. I don’t think he’s coming here, but he may the only player I cheer for on Clemson roster

Won't pull for Clemson, but I will always wonder how things might have gone for UT had those 4 players chosen the Vols.

After reading their "we could have been legends" comment, they need to focus on Clemson. That ship has long sailed. I wouldn't want them here now acting like the saviors of the program. CJP and staff are building it their way. People like Trey and others are the ones that deserve all the credit.
Come here and win and they can trust around campus in peacock outfits if they want to.

Why do people always forget about Gibbs? Buzz at all practices is he is a monster

Do me a favor a let me know how hes done in college as an offensive player? Oh wait....

Rogers has been the 3rd option behind two 1st round receivers (Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross) on a team with an incredible offense.

Why do people always forget about Gibbs? Buzz at all practices is he is a monster
I definitely have hope, but an insider said if he could have played in the bowl game...he'd only be on STs at best. Sounds like he has work to go. That said, there should be plenty open space next year.

Do me a favor a let me know how hes done in college as an offensive player? Oh wait....

Rogers has been the 3rd option behind two 1st round receivers (Tee Higgins and Justyn Ross) on a team with an incredible offense.
Considering he hasn't played as an offensive player that would be hard to do. All we have are the reports of how he practiced at TN last year while sitting out his transfer year. According to those we have an amazing player ready to play this year.

Reactions: allvol90
Won't pull for Clemson, but I will always wonder how things might have gone for UT had those 4 players chosen the Vols.

Would of won just enough games to keep Butch around a year or 2 longer.

Lawerence and Etienne especially would of been needed upgrades, but I think people forget how bad our O line and defense had gotten.

Which insider?
Wish I could remember. Not someone here, it was on VQ iirc.

I know "practice reports" and all, but I like to hope the practice reports were right, and with JJ/MC leaving, he can give defenses problems. That is basically what the reports were saying - Gibbs was giving our defense all sorts of problems. Sounded shifty iirc

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Wish I could remember. Not someone here, it was on VQ iirc.

I know "practice reports" and all, but I like to hope the practice reports were right, and with JJ/MC leaving, he can give defenses problems. That is basically what the reports were saying - Gibbs was giving our defense all sorts of problems. Sounded shifty iirc
Imo you never truly know who will step up. Some people practice better while some do better in games. I think it has something to do with them thinking too much about getting it right.

After reading their "we could have been legends" comment, they need to focus on Clemson. That ship has long sailed. I wouldn't want them here now acting like the saviors of the program. CJP and staff are building it their way. People like Trey and others are the ones that deserve all the credit.

Lol. Everyone in the fan base would take those 4 tomorrow if they said they wanted to play one last season together in Knoxville.

But hindsight is 20/20. Butch would have found a way to ruin them.

giphy.gif

Reactions: InVOLuntary
I will always wonder what would have happened if Botch Brickmason was not hired, and we had hired a real coach. That is really what went wrong...those kids did not reject us, they rejected Botch.

We really could have been a contender..🤷‍♂️

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I will always wonder what would have happened if Botch Brickmason was not hired, and we had hired a real coach. That is really what went wrong...those kids did not reject us, they rejected Botch.

We really could have been a contender..🤷‍♂️
I never understood the value of a good AD and the damage a bad booster with too much power could do to a team until the last 10 years. Always just assumed they didn't have much impact on how a team would perform. Boy was I wrong.

VN Store

Back