Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif
I did it yesterday ya dingus

Rooney Rule talk all over nfl network this morning, the 20 or so minutes I watched.

I don’t really understand. I mean, some minority advocate group is up in arms because the nfl is 70% minority players.... but there’s only like 1-2 minority coaches and 1 minority GM.

What’s the relevance there? It’s a different skill set. The old adage has always been, those that can’t do, coach.
If a guy wins he keeps his job...it don't matter what color he is.

It’s kinda like the old trope that black people aren’t smart enough to play QB.

I certainly believe there is an inherent bias in the hiring process, whether it be full out racism (rare) or the idea that most GMs are white, most owners are white, and we tend to hire people who look like us (common).

If a guy is good he will move up the ladder no matter what color he is. I hate affirmative action BS, just forcing hiring someone because they are a minority...that is not equality...it is preference, and that is REAL racism. If people are not getting hired BECAUSE they are a minority of any color...that is REAL racism.

Exactly which gifted coaches are getting held down because of their skin color?

Throw out some names..

I believe that most NFL owners would sell their grandmothers soul to win..They sure as hell would hire a black guy if they thought he could get them wins.

Reactions: 9876543vol
Wow! Has the CIA started putting LSD in the drinking water again? JP is doing an excellent job of rebuilding the program but we are still a level below Georgia and Florida in talent, Alabama level is another discussion. It's going to take a couple of top ten classes in a row before we start thinking about 11-1. Thanks to the twin sophs at tackle and Trey Smith and Kennedy coming back with excellent depth behind them, the OL has been fixed, but our rb and wr talent is not elite and we're probably a couple of years out from Bailey being ready to carry the offense. Still need a pass rush and more depth at lb. DB 2020 class a little down after a couple of good years in recruiting. DL deep and solid. I'm going to be pleased if we go 9-3 next year and absolutely thrilled with a 10-2 season.

A couple of things we have going for us long term is that while he's clearly a great recruiter, Kirby is not an elite game coach (a Georgia tradition going back 50 years) and hopefully Norvell starts cutting into UF's recruiting at FSU which may also hurt Clemson and keep them out of our recruiting turf. Georgia fans will turn on Smart soon if he doesn't win the SEC Championship in the next couple of years. I may be wrong but I think "He's got no neck" (a shout-out to you Rocky Horror fans) at Florida will get tired of those crazy fans soon if he can't beat Georgia regularly.

While I hate it for Turner and Bowden, are any fans actually taking this season that hard? We just came off possibly our best 2-year run all-time and have easily our greatest class of all-time coming in. Our 4 best players left.

Still hopeful we can make the tourney, but if not, it's only going to be a short blip on an otherwise loaded radar.

Wow! Has the CIA started putting LSD in the drinking water again? JP is doing an excellent job of rebuilding the program but we are still a level below Georgia and Florida in talent, Alabama level is another discussion. It's going to take a couple of top ten classes in a row before we start thinking about 11-1. Thanks to the twin sophs at tackle and Trey Smith and Kennedy coming back with excellent depth behind them, the OL has been fixed, but our rb and wr talent is not elite and we're probably a couple of years out from Bailey being ready to carry the offense. Still need a pass rush and more depth at lb. DB 2020 class a little down after a couple of good years in recruiting. DL deep and solid. I'm going to be pleased if we go 9-3 next year and absolutely thrilled with a 10-2 season.

A couple of things we have going for us long term is that while he's clearly a great recruiter, Kirby is not an elite game coach (a Georgia tradition going back 50 years) and hopefully Norvell starts cutting into UF's recruiting at FSU which may also hurt Clemson and keep them out of our recruiting turf. Georgia fans will turn on Smart soon if he doesn't win the SEC Championship in the next couple of years. I may be wrong but I think "He's got no neck" (a shout-out to you Rocky Horror fans) at Florida will get tired of those crazy fans soon if he can't beat Georgia regularly.
Wow. This guy gets it 👆🏻

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back