Trey Smith ready to 'maul the hell out of people' with Cade Mays

Shades

Shady member

by Patrick Brown

“I always wanted to play next to him, man. Just a Tennessee thing, being from the state, I always thought it’d be cool to play with a dominant lineman, man. You always want to play with monsters on the field with you, people that are like-minded, and I feel like a lot of times we’re like-minded in the way we play the game. I’m really excited.”

“Obviously we have Cooper coming, too, the Mays family’s coming back to Tennessee. It’s exciting times. I really want to play with Cade. It’s something I’ve been thinking about since high school, honestly, I was a little disappointed when he didn’t come here, but he made the ultimate decision for himself at that time.

“It’s really exciting times. If he plays next to me, man, we’re going to maul the hell out of some people, man. I can’t wait.”

Trey Smith is a one of a kind individual. I absolutely love his attitude and work ethic. I never thought he would play again. I am glad I was wrong. I really hope Morris, Wright and the other OL learn all they can from big Trey.

This Vol OL has the opportunity to be absolutely nasty this year. Good to see some hometown beef anchoring the OL this year.

I'll believe Mays cleared and eligible next season when I see it. No way Smart signs off on a waiver unless the UGA powers force him to.

Welcome to 2020 and the Transfer Portal. Your entire statement is from 2015. Smart can set down and shut up because he no longer has a say. NCAA or bust. They say yes, it's game on.

I'm ready. 1st and Goal from the 2. Two TEs, a FB, and that OL up front. The way it should be.

Regardless of the QB, if we line up in the shotgun on the goal line this season I am likely going to destroy my TV with whatever I may be holding at the moment.

Fair warning! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I'm ready. 1st and Goal from the 2. Two TEs, a FB, and that OL up front. The way it should be.

Regardless of the QB, if we line up in the shotgun on the goal line this season I am likely going to destroy my TV with whatever I may be holding at the moment.

Crouch with the carry?

Fair warning! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Welcome to 2020 and the Transfer Portal. Your entire statement is from 2015. Smart can set down and shut up because he no longer has a say. NCAA or bust. They say yes, it's game on.

everyone knows it’s a NCAA decision. Do you really believe Smart won’t be asked for input by them?

I'll believe Mays cleared and eligible next season when I see it. No way Smart signs off on a waiver unless the UGA powers force him to.

I look for Kirby to Jim Harbaugh us on Cade but hope that doesn't happen.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Not trying to preach here, but there is no "waiver" for UGA to sign. Kirby has nothing to do with this. The portal was designed to keep the coaches out of it.

The Compliance office from UGA has 48 hours to put the student athlete (SA) in the Transfer portal once they request it, which allows other institutions to make contact with the SA. They SA does not have to inform the old coach to do this. From there, it's all on the compliance office of the new school to do the paperwork for the NCAA to approve or reject. The old school can also submit paperwork, through the compliance office, to add details.

Reactions: bag12day

VN Store

Back