US may have killed Quds Force Commander Qasem Soleimani

Interesting. So I am guessing that you moved there and established residence AFTER the age where you are required to do military service like ALL men in Switzerland. So you are a coward there too.

I was wondering if he's become a turncoat unethical Swiss banker or just waits tables for Swiss bankers. The book Lucifer's Banker by Bradley Birkenfeld is a great story in that respect ... it's a mine and shaft story, and (spoiler alert) you can guess it wasn't the Swiss who got the shaft.

Reactions: davethevol
Dumb question then. Who manufactured all the weapons and other goods we provided other nations during WW2 ... the nations who couldn't provide because they were under attack and/or occupied while we had a couple of nice wide oceans protecting our borders and plenty of natural resources? It was our weapons and, particularly in the Pacific, our forces who tipped the scales against the enemy. The British and Russians appeared to be the only allies who still manufactured much of anything once the war got underway, and for the British it was largely possible only because of US support - material goods. I was talking about one thing; you expanded it to another. What exactly did Smoot-Hawley have to do with the Marshall Plan by the way? We became the world power as a result of WW2 - not trade. Believe it or not there are actually factors other than tariffs and big,bad governments that make the world go around - even during the coldest days of the Cold War the Russians bought US wheat to fend off starvation because of their own incompetence and weather induced crop failures.

Sounds like you're talking about military power and I'm talking about economic power.

And Obama did it without congressional approval getting Osama Bin Laden, but when Trump does it, the left goes nuts. Trump could give a little boy a mowing job at the White house, but the left would go into a frenzy nut case...oh wait that already happened. Yea, I get it.

They're both warmongering liars and if you support either, you're part of the problem.

But comparing OBL to this....really? Bush took us to Afghanistan to get OBL (who was not a government official of a foreign nation) because he was responsible for 3k American civilian deaths on our turf. Congress at least had a chance to end it with the power of the purse if they disapproved, and then Obama got the job done. We spent trillions to get his scalp. The entire country wanted him dead for years and most Americans didn't even know who Soleimani was 2 weeks ago. We had a green light from the world to get OBL. How does that even remotely compare?

There is no point too silly for y'all to make to stand by your man. Never change, red hats.

Last edited:
Sounds like you're talking about military power and I'm talking about economic power.

If we weren't the economic power at the end of WW2 and for some time late, who was? And if you don't equate postwar economic strength to our home grown manufacturing ability then what would you attribute it to? Do you suppose there aren't other charts that relate our manufacturing to the strength of manufacturing in "underdeveloped" countries ... countries with significantly less expensive workforces?

For instance, as the cost of living has increased in Japan, have you noted that far fewer of our imported goods come from Japan? I've noted that Japanese audio equipment we get here isn't made in Japan, but look at the Japanese sites and you find the bottom tier stuff there is made in China and the top tier stuff is made in Japan ... often the same with photographic equipment. We apparently surrendered both markets years ago - not because of inability, resources, or tariffs, but because we couldn't match foreign labor rates. The same is happening to the Japanese, and likewise hurting their economy. By the way, the Japanese play and have played the "tariff" game a little differently ... their radio and TV bands differ from ours, their power is 60 Hz in some places and 50 in others, and they drive on the wrong side of the road - those are all barriers to entry just as much as a steep tariff.

If we weren't the economic power at the end of WW2 and for some time late, who was? And if you don't equate postwar economic strength to our home grown manufacturing ability then what would you attribute it to? Do you suppose there aren't other charts that relate our manufacturing to the strength of manufacturing in "underdeveloped" countries ... countries with significantly less expensive workforces?

For instance, as the cost of living has increased in Japan, have you noted that far fewer of our imported goods come from Japan? I've noted that Japanese audio equipment we get here isn't made in Japan, but look at the Japanese sites and you find the bottom tier stuff there is made in China and the top tier stuff is made in Japan ... often the same with photographic equipment. We apparently surrendered both markets years ago - not because of inability, resources, or tariffs, but because we couldn't match foreign labor rates. The same is happening to the Japanese, and likewise hurting their economy. By the way, the Japanese play and have played the "tariff" game a little differently ... their radio and TV bands differ from ours, their power is 60 Hz in some places and 50 in others, and they drive on the wrong side of the road - those are all barriers to entry just as much as a steep tariff.

We were an economic power. It wasn't because of self sufficiency. We got rich thru trade. You even said we supplied others with arms, while lowering tariffs. That's trade. That was part of it. A big part of it was the rest of the world was depleted, which is nothing we did or planned for. It was just dumb luck.

We didn't become self sufficient. If we did, we would have had imports decline (it grew and consider this graph is depicting it as a % of gdp, and gdp was increasing, so total imports were increasing a lot more than what the line indicates).

Screenshot_20200114-191602_Chrome.jpg

Reports had the plane at 8000 ft. Something off about that.

Didn't make sense to me either. What appears to be the plane shows up later and looks significantly higher. Could be the proximity to the camera, but this simply doesn't look like it's showing what it was said to show.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
They're both warmongering liars and if you support either, you're part of the problem.

But comparing OBL to this....really? Bush took us to Afghanistan to get OBL (who was not a government official of a foreign nation) because he was responsible for 3k American civilian deaths on our turf. Congress at least had a chance to end it with the power of the purse if they disapproved, and then Obama got the job done. We spent trillions to get his scalp. The entire country wanted him dead for years and most Americans didn't even know who Soleimani was 2 weeks ago. We had a green light from the world to get OBL. How does that even remotely compare?

There is no point too silly for y'all to make to stand by your man. Never change, red hats.
600 Americans killed by Soleimani don’t matter because the press said so?

Benghazi wasn't even investigated. A blind eye was turned to keep people out of trouble.
tenor.gif

Reactions: tvolsfan

VN Store

Back