The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Henry is setting playoff records and it’s barely being mentioned over “Brady’s end with the Pats” and “Lamar Jackson isn’t overrated”

Titans win next week the headlines will be about Mahomes/Reid not being able to win the big one.

Titans win the Super Bowl; if it's the Packers it will be "Is Aaron Rodgers done?" and if it's the Niners "Will Jimmy ever win in SF?"

82307161_3048370635209604_8708840168884273152_o.jpg

I don't want to jinx it but there could be some big time story lines for us in the Super Bowl: Tanny going back to Miami, 20 years since our last Super Bowl run, and if we play Green Bay it will pit Vrabel against his first assistant coach to become a HC.

I don't want to jinx it but there could be some big time story lines for us in the Super Bowl: Tanny going back to Miami, 20 years since our last Super Bowl run, and if we play Green Bay it will pit Vrabel against his first assistant coach to become a HC.

If we do make it I hope it’s against the Niners. The Packers like to do a lot of the same stuff we do offensively (LaFleur connection), difference being they have Aaron Rodgers. That’s not a good matchup for us I don’t think.

But if we lose I’d rather see a Chiefs/Packers super bowl. Mahomes and Rodgers going at it would be a fun game.

If we do make it I hope it’s against the Niners. The Packers like to do a lot of the same stuff we do offensively (LaFleur connection), difference being they have Aaron Rodgers. That’s not a good matchup for us I don’t think.

But if we lose I’d rather see a Chiefs/Packers super bowl. Mahomes and Rodgers going at it would be a fun game.

I was thinking about that today, I want no part of facing Rodgers in the playoffs even if the 49ers are the 2nd best team in PPG. Green Bay is 23rd in rushing defense (120 YPG) vs 17th (112 YPG) for the 49ers (and if you're wondering KC is 26th giving up 128 rushing yards).

Um. Would rather play the packers? Rush defense for sf is kind of off. They played Baltimore, cardinals twice and Seahawks twice. All running QBs. Thats where the yards came in. Add to the fact that sf obliterated the packers in the regular season game..

I'm torn on who I'd rather titans play. I think itll be a pick your poison type thing with each matchup

Look, there’s no “easy road” anymore. We have to defeat 2 great teams to win the Super Bowl. It comes down to who wants it more, and who can make the big plays in critical moments.

Reactions: tvolsfan
It’s all about Mahomes right now with every news outlet. There was even a guy on national television named Ryan Wright that said the Titans had absolutely no shot at winning this game. Those were his exact words.

Look, there’s no “easy road” anymore. We have to defeat 2 great teams to win the Super Bowl. It comes down to who wants it more, and who can make the big plays in critical moments.

I think that describes our defense. They are not a truly elite defense but the last few weeks of the regular season and now into the playoffs they've come up huge in the big situations of games. One thing I'll add is that when we played KC during the regular season it was the very first game without Malcom Butler. So hopefully the secondary is better prepared to face KC this go around.

Edit - I'd also like to know what happened with our defense between week 1 to week 6. We didn't give up more than 20 points it seems they slacked off during the second half of the year.

Reactions: vol4eva
Looks like it will be around 20 degrees during the game. I think that favors us. Henry gonna bulldoze. They'll want no part in the 2nd half.

Looks like it will be around 20 degrees during the game. I think that favors us. Henry gonna bulldoze. They'll want no part in the 2nd half.
Hell, it was 60 in Baltimore in January and the Ravens didn't want any by halfway through the 3rd. I say bring on all the elements.

"**** you" football always travels.

Was there ever an "easy road?" You come in as the 6 seed, draw the Patriots and Brady, then you draw the #1 Ravens? I don't understand how there was ever a easy road for these guys. What they've done the past two weeks has been incredibly impressive.

VN Store

Back