SECs #1 OL group returning, #2 QB group, #1 defensive backfield returning...

This is absurd. Most people if given the opportunity of taking Tennessee's QB room or what's behind the curtain, would take what's behind the curtain.

Now, I give the true freshman somewhat of a pass because they are true freshman. However, to be frank, there are a lot of true freshman that would have beaten out JG. And actually, one of Tennessee's may have if he didn't keep getting injured.

Furthermore, all of the legitimate excuses that Tennessee used to have regarding QB play largely didn't exist last year. By and large, the QB had pass protection. Tennessee usually had a running game. We know they had WR's and everyone here loves the offensive coordinator.

I think with a QB room worth a crud, Tennessee beats BYU and Georgia State (to be fair Georgia State was a team effort) and all of these wins that honestly could have gone the other way would have been much more comfortable with a QB room that didn't suck out loud (I'm looking at you Kentucky, Missouri, and Indiana). And Vanderbilt would have been the epic blowout y'all were looking for.

I would take (in no particular order) Trask, Mond, Hillinski, Plumlee, Jones, and Nix over the Tennessee QB room right now. And I'd take what's behind the curtain at LSU and Georgia, too.
Spot on.

I would say this to JG:

“You’re a fine young man, and I consider you a proud member of the VFL family. You’re about the toughest guy I’ve seen under center in a long time, and we gave you some horrible coaching and OLs your first few years.

That said, for whatever reason, the college game at this level always seems to move too quickly for you. With that in mind, and given the needs of the team, you simply aren’t the best option at QB.”

Is that slamming him?? No. It’s real, and the truth. Not sure why the JG debate in here is always so heated and the supporters always make it so personal.

That quote sounds good but the reality is he's likely going to be our QB..

Reactions: I40flyer
Bama has Mac Jones returning...whos far more efficient than anything on our roster had shown. He beat Michigan. Then they little Tagavailoa and the probably the best player of the 2020 class in Bryce Young.

Mond is trash

Florida has a good group like you mentioned.

Leach will get those Miss State QBs improved.

I wouldn't put us 2nd....maybe 4th?

Accurate. Personally I think Mac Jones is overrated but when you have too much talent in that WR group like Bama did this year it’s hard to prove my argument.

I would say this to JG:

“You’re a fine young man, and I consider you a proud member of the VFL family. You’re about the toughest guy I’ve seen under center in a long time, and we gave you some horrible coaching and OLs your first few years.

That said, for whatever reason, the college game at this level always seems to move too quickly for you. With that in mind, and given the needs of the team, you simply aren’t the best option at QB.”

Is that slamming him?? No. It’s real, and the truth. Not sure why the JG debate in here is always so heated and the supporters always make it so personal.
I wonder why Pruitt has not said just that? Nothing like busting your tail for 4 years only to be told by the coaches that it wasn't good enough.

Someone previously suggested that JG might benefit from a sport shrink. The coaches should fill that role, and I'm sure they have to an extent, but maybe the kid would benefit from a best in the bidness head doctor. He might have some form of PTSD from playing so long behind the worst line in the toughest conference.

I could see that. I just believe with the talent we have coming back at OL it's going to benefit our QBs. Everyone knows JGs faults but he has shown that when given time to throw he can be pretty good. I think he's gonna have all day to throw next year!

The O-line was NOT the problem this year, it was JG calling wrong checks, throwing late, slow through progressions etc. He has had time to throw but he holds the **** ball too long.

To say the VOLS have the #2 QB room . . . Really . . . Nix as a freshman had a better season than all 4 QB we ran onto the field.

GBO

The O-line was NOT the problem this year, it was JG calling wrong checks, throwing late, slow through progressions etc. He has had time to throw but he holds the **** ball too long.

To say the VOLS have the #2 QB room . . . Really . . . Nix as a freshman had a better season than all 4 QB we ran onto the field.

GBO
JG improved significantly this year in managing the run game and especially after being benched for in part... not managing the run game well.

You're right about the rest.

VN Store

Back