Game Thread: #23/24 TENNESSEE VS. GEORGIA

Well well well looks like Kellie Harper is getting the job done. Big crowd today over 10,000 that comes with winning. This is there best game and getting better. That girl that took the charge from Rae Burrell may not want to that again. Such a good time to be a Lady Vol fan. Only disappointing thing to me was we did't get to 80 points. As always go Lady Vol's.

I don’t get that at all either. She definitely can’t be any worse. What has McCoy shown all season?

Could just be practice stuff. She may be having a hard time adjusting to this level of intensity. I don’t think the program she came from was that strenuous. I’m sure they see the potential too, but something obviously hasn’t clicked yet. I trust if they felt she could be out there, she would be out there.

There was no excuse, NONE, for Holly losing to Bama. They should have fired her that day. Thank goodness it was finally bad enough to move on. Go Ladies Go!

Reactions: gule and Ladyvol777
Based on the LVs improvement, especially on offense, it is evident that Coach Brown's fingerprints are all over it....The offense goes through Key now, like he said on the radio show how important Key is to being a winning team again....

It is easy to see that individual team members have been watching film of their past mistakes (just like CB said) and they are improving....Back door cuts, team ball, who are these girls.

Not sure KK will ever improve, no matter how much film she watches of her mistakes....She just is not talented enough for offensive production, but her wide body does help clog up the lane on defense, which is a good thing....She is not the real deal.

I'm sure coach Brown is working with Kellie to improve another post player so the offense won't go south whenever Key takes a break, but until that time, we have what we have...

Kellie is dynamic on the sidelines.....She is fine.

Could just be practice stuff. She may be having a hard time adjusting to this level of intensity. I don’t think the program she came from was that strenuous. I’m sure they see the potential too, but something obviously hasn’t clicked yet. I trust if they felt she could be out there, she would be out there.

Don't know if it is a factor on Saunders,but during the latter portion of the Mississippi game,screen shots of the bench showed her in obvious pain seemingly with her back. She may be having spasms or something similar. Maybe someone with more medical knowledge can comment. I don't remember a shot of her on the bench today. Maybe,knowing Kellie,they are being careful with her. The team is becoming more and more what we like to see from the Lady Vols. Probably still some ups and downs to go,but they are fun to watch again!

The Alabama game should be a pack the house night. The theme should be “BEAT ALABAMA.”

Keep it simple.

Every season I print out the schedule and then, after careful consideration of everything that matters regarding Tennessee and each opponent, I always circle all the games I truly believe are the true MUST WIN games.

The only game I circled for this season was the Alabama game. It’s THE game for me. And it’s not at all that I have anything against Alabama. I like and respect Kristy Curry and always appreciate how hard her players fight.

I just can’t shake the fact that, until a few years ago Alabama was a game that was a 100% guaranteed win every year. They were a perpetual bottom-feeder that was annually Tennessee’s SEC cupcake.

I don’t think I can handle another loss to Alabama. This is my personal nightmare. :eek:

I didn't really add KK to that or it would've been 185 really haven't been happy with her play she got 11 minutes today. I think that is where she will stay until she shows a little more than she has in the last few games. I think Key playing 30 is her high for the year. Horston went 35 today and even though it list 5 turnovers I only saw a couple of bad ones. I saw some failure to catch the ball from other players that really is out of her control. The way she was pulling up today and not charging and taking angles to the basket was really encouraging.
Kk needs to get in better shape physically. Lady Vols training staff should be ashamed at KK and MCCOY' s lack of being in shape to play this season.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Don't understand some of the substitutions myself.
A number of posts have commented on CKH substitution patterns. They can't understand them. Remember, she is basing her subbing on keeping fresh legs for defense and rebounding. I am not saying this is her only reason, but this is her main reason for subbing. This is from her comments in a interview.

A number of posts have commented on CKH substitution patterns. They can't understand them. Remember, she is basing her subbing on keeping fresh legs for defense and rebounding. I am not saying this is her only reason, but this is her main reason for subbing. This is from her comments in a interview.

Yes. The Lady Vols are doing a much better job defensively, and good defense can make legs burn after just a few minutes.

I imagine Kellie has assured her players that if they’ll give her a few of the type of gutsy, effective defensive minutes that she knows literally hurts, that she’ll have their backs and give them breaks. The players have to trust Kellie, and I believe her substitution pattern is building that trust.

And sometime down the line, with, say, a championship at stake, Kellie may have to ask some players for a little extra. She’ll ask them to trust her that they CAN push through it. She knows the can because she was asked to do that herself when she was wearing that Tennessee uniform. And our Lady Vols will trust her, they’ll push through, and then there will be magic.

I have it all planned out! :)

I thought she did very well with substitutions. A lot of players got to contribute to the win, no one was injured and a rested team beat a team which we lost last year. Building experience is important for this young team.

I lost interest halfway through the article. Just another example of someone not willing to put in the work to be in elite physical shape and blaming sexism and something for her unwillingness to sacrifice.

The body positivity "movement" is setting modern healthcare back 50 years 🙄. They'd be better off just admitting that they lack willpower than making excuses. They're fooling no one but themselves.

Would somebody please teach TK what a " skyhook" is and how to use it with her 6'7" frame?

Reactions: Rixxx
Amb, I’ve known several women who battled eating disorders. Trust me, the body image issue is soooo much more complicated than just lack of willpower.

VN Store

Back