'20 TX RB Zachary Evans

Hey man you're reaching and rambling about nothing. Last I checked you hv to hv 3 yrs college before the NFL. The kid will definitely be fine. He can pk and choose wherever he wants to go. He has limited that by choice. You know why he can? He's the #1 Rb in America out of all the kids playing hs football in the country NUMERO UNO. Now have a blessed day and stop talking out the side of your neck.

Brian Darden was not only the Numero UNO RB coming out of High School he was a ton of people's NUMERO UNO period. That distinction didn't make one tinkers damn about how his future played out. Not saying that would or will happen to Evans, but it does happen. One should not feel entitled on the College Level until one has proven himself on the College level. Just sayin ...

Brian Darden was not only the Numero UNO RB coming out of High School he was a ton of people's NUMERO UNO period. That distinction didn't make one tinkers damn about how his future played out. Not saying that would or will happen to Evans, but it does happen. One should not feel entitled on the College Level until one has proven himself on the College level. Just sayin ...
Brian Darden and Bryce Brown were both the top RB’s in the country and neither of them had an impact on our program or college football. I do not see where Evans will be any different until he shows it on a college football field.
Really surprised that Lane Kiffin has not sent the white girl squad from the Grove to Houston after him yet.

Reactions: de1conley
Hey man you're reaching and rambling about nothing. Last I checked you hv to hv 3 yrs college before the NFL. The kid will definitely be fine. He can pk and choose wherever he wants to go. He has limited that by choice. You know why he can? He's the #1 Rb in America out of all the kids playing hs football in the country NUMERO UNO. Now have a blessed day and stop talking out the side of your neck.
How far away do you think Tennessee is from really being able to compete with UF and UGA? I think we’re still a year away from an overall talent and depth standpoint.

My comment was that a kid works his butt off for that ranking. Not saying results or none of that. The reason i even said that was this guy saying if he's so good just let him go to the NFL because colleges shouldn't allow athletes this or that just rambling, LOL.

Tennessee is STILL recovering from the effects of Darden washing out at UT. Lot of folks down here still remember.

My comment was that a kid works his butt off for that ranking. Not saying results or none of that. The reason i even said that was this guy saying if he's so good just let him go to the NFL because colleges shouldn't allow athletes this or that just rambling, LOL.

Understood. I am sure the kid has worked hard to get where he is, he definitely has a ton of God given talent too. I hope he is successful wherever he ends up as long as it isn't against my VOLS.

Brian Darden and Bryce Brown were both the top RB’s in the country and neither of them had an impact on our program or college football. I do not see where Evans will be any different until he shows it on a college football field.
Really surprised that Lane Kiffin has not sent the white girl squad from the Grove to Houston after him yet.

Bryce Brown was actually good and played next level and started on Sundays for the Eagles so not sure why he was brought up. As far as Kiffin goes they already had a good Rb prospect in their class and a pretty loaded Rb room aleady.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200112-143416_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200112-143416_Chrome.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 121
Bryce Brown was actually good and played next level and started on Sundays for the Eagles so not sure why he was brought up. As far as Kiffin goes they already had a good Rb prospect in their class and a pretty loaded Rb room aleady.
Bryce Brown was very average at UT. He did not lead the league in anything. At the end of the year Montario Hardesty was the starter and most of us had forgotten about Brown. That is why he was brought up. Another example why the star or rating system is bogus.

Thanks for all the info D1. Love reading your insight about how this recruiting really works. I love my football and try stay as Informed as I can, but the inner workings of recruiting are always a mystery.

Bryce Brown was very average at UT. He did not lead the league in anything. At the end of the year Montario Hardesty was the starter and most of us had forgotten about Brown. That is why he was brought up. Another example why the star or rating system is bogus.

1. BB was a true fresh 101 car 460 yds 3 tds nothing avg about that. He also shared the load with Hardesty and Oku. 2. BB was one of a few that were ranked #1 depending on the site you were on. The kid from Auburn #5 whonwas from Arkansas was also number 1 as was Lache Seastrunk. I bn doing this a long time and worked the Kiffin camp in which all these guys were present. 3. Hardesty was an upperclassman who BB took thise 101 carries from. So that's more of an indictment on MH than BB.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Thanks for all the info D1. Love reading your insight about how this recruiting really works. I love my football and try stay as Informed as I can, but the inner workings of recruiting are always a mystery.
No problem and you're definitely welcomed

I’m fuzzy on what’s involved in “allowing” a signee to enroll early. Is there a max allowed? If they’re qualified, why would they be denied? Is it because it affects the 25 man limit?
My understanding is EEs are limited by how many "midyear replacements" are allowed. Essentially, graduating players can be replaced by EEs toward the total counter limit. So there is a limit, assuming the school is already bumping up on the 85 limit.

As an extreme example, if a school had all 85 spots filled up and no graduating players, I don't believe they could take any EEs.

Last edited:
Reactions: cobbwebb0710
🤦‍♂️ That dude is a...dang it..can't say it because I will get in trouble again. 🤬

giphy.gif

🤦‍♂️ That dude is a...dang it..can't say it because I will get in trouble again. 🤬
Seems fine to me. Brings legit information that doesn’t always come from the team sites. Nothing wrong with him taking up for a kid he personally knows that he feels is getting an unfair rap on the message boards by people that have zero firsthand knowledge about the situation

Reactions: PoweredByTheT
So many crap players like Darden washing out at at Tennessee, are why a lot of us think the service rankings are a overhyped joke.
Brian Darden is probably the best athlete to ever come out of Vicksburg and one of the best to ever come out of Mississippi and it has nothing to do with the recruiting services. A lot of people came to watch him play and a lot of people still say he's the best they ever saw. Tennessee, Mississippi State, and Florida State wouldn't have been pushing so hard if he were a "crap player". That comment is ridiculous.

He didn't fit the mold at Tennessee and that's why he didn't play, which left many people to conclude that we only signed him to keep him away from our competitors. The perception is that Phillip Fulmer ruined his career.

VN Store

Back