Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

source.gif

I've stopped trying to pinpoint an individual coach. A real AD is the only single thing we could time machine to avoid the **** show.

To get TN from what it once was, to what it became, took a level of incompetence that seems impossible. Cold war level sabotage couldn't have done a more thorough job.

I've stopped trying to pinpoint an individual coach. A real AD is the only single thing we could time machine to avoid the **** show.

To get TN from what it once was, to what it became, took a level of incompetence that seems impossible. Cold war level sabotage couldn't have done a more thorough job.
Agree completely! Just unlucky timing when the USC job fell (down) into Kiffin's lap. The root problem was in the A.D. position, Mike Hamilton and then Dave Hart made incredibly bad football coaching hires that put us in a 10-year tailspin. I honestly believe Fulmer has this thing turned around.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

Not for nothing, but have you looked at how incompetent the Browns are being run in the last 8 years?

It’s certainly no coincidence that the Vols suffered too with that same leadership.

Not for nothing, but have you looked at how incompetent the Browns are being run in the last 8 years?

It’s certainly no coincidence that the Vols suffered too with that same leadership.

Owner is the most important position in professional sports. The ones that put up the money and support for the most part are successful over the long haul.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991

This. The moment we replaced a ball coach with a bean counter, we stopped caring about fielding competitive teams and started tearing out seats to make room for luxury box seats for donors who could be bilked to fund more stadium upgrades. It's like Hamilton and every subsequent AD was like, "We just need 8 wins in football to keep attendance up enough to keep us in the black and every dollar spent after that on the football program is wasted money."

This. The moment we replaced a ball coach with a bean counter, we stopped caring about fielding competitive teams and started tearing out seats to make room for luxury box seats for donors who could be bilked to fund more stadium upgrades. It's like Hamilton and every subsequent AD was like, "We just need 8 wins in football to keep attendance up enough to keep us in the black and every dollar spent after that on the football program is wasted money."

This is absolutely true but many people denied it year after year. Only in retrospect can most fans finally accept the reality of what got us here.

With Fulmer in place I’m not concerned it will happen for the time being, but whenever he is replaced everyone needs to be on watch and ready to call out such nonsense.

Browns going to hire Kevin Stefanski

So weird. Sounds like a power struggle to me. Which is a shocker with haslam i know. Some people wanted stefanski last year that were let go lol. Now they bring him in after meeting with McDaniels forever. Apparently McDaniels had a pats personnel guy he wanted to bring with him too as GM.

The only thing they can hope for baker mayfield being good enough to overcome all the BS. Which i highly doubt happens.

That kid is just ordinary once his legs go..

He is good enough that he will have a good career even if he does lose his wheels...but best ever..🤔hayek naw.
Biggest challenge will be adjusting to the adjustments of opposing DC’s who have been writing How To novels on him all season. The best franchise QB’s adjust every season and that’s how they stay at the top. The not so good regress and start kneeling at the beginning of games.

Agree completely! Just unlucky timing when the USC job fell (down) into Kiffin's lap. The root problem was in the A.D. position, Mike Hamilton and then Dave Hart made incredibly bad football coaching hires that put us in a 10-year tailspin. I honestly believe Fulmer has this thing turned around.

Hamilton was the problem with Kiffin though. My understanding is that there was almost nothing in Kiffin's contract to protect the school if someone came knocking. Kiffin stealing recruits was his big sin, but he should not have an opportunity to bounce after one year because someone wanted Monte to coach their defense. Then Hamilton botched the Dooley hire, a guy who is exactly where he should be, the offensive coordinator for a mid-level SEC team. Of all the hires we made, Butch made the most sense, which is a shame given how badly that turned out.

Member when Kevin O’Connell was a candidate for our OC spot? Member when Brandon Staley was support staff? Unrelated subject, I think we should go ahead with Montario Hardesty. 🤔

Reactions: HankHill
Member when Kevin O’Connell was a candidate for our OC spot? Member when Brandon Staley was support staff? Unrelated subject, I think we should go ahead with Montario Hardesty. 🤔

Why not wait and see if any other coaches leave? This close to signing day and so few spots to fill. Might make more sense to see how things shake out with the rest of the staff? Out of curiosity, what kind of recruiter is Hardesty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back